Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Skirmish: Findings and Information

Skirmish Details from SE: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/31416

Skirmish Page on BG Wiki: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Skirmish

Please see the BG Wiki Skrimish page for the most updated information.

There are two sets of heads I-V, one set of torsos I-V and one set of feet I-V

Cirdas Visage I - Coalition assignment

Cirdas Visage III - Soul Pyre (Moh Gates?)

Faithful's Torso I - Colonization Reive, Morimar Basalt Fields
    Faithful's Torso I - Coalition assignment
    Faithful's Torso I - Logging, Ceizak
    Faithful's Torso I - Harvesting, Ceizak
    Faithful's Torso I - Soul Pyre, Rala

Faithful Torso II - Soul Pyre, Rala

Faithful's Legs I - Soul Pyre, Foret
    Faithful's Legs I - Soul Pyre, Moh Gates
    Faithful's Legs I - Preserve Yahse and Survey Ceizak Assignments

Rala Visage I - Soul Pyre, Rala
    Rala Visage I - Harvesting, Foret

Rala Visage lI - Mining, Sih Gates
    Rala Visage lI - HELM, Yahse/Ceizak(?)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I got two items so far.

Faithful's Torso I from a Colonization Reive in Morimar Basalt Fields, it was in treasure pool for the alliance without any notification.
    Cirdas Visage I that I bought from a guy who got it as a reward from a Coalition assignment.

Been looking through Cirdas Caverns for entrance in the south parts to no avail. Will look more when I actually get the full Simulacrum.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I just came across a thingy I think is probably the entrance to the Skirmish instance in Cirdas. It's an "Augural Conveyer" that looks like butterflies surrounding a waypoint thing and it's at H-3. I had no idea how I got there running around randomly but didn't do any reives to get through roots etc just walked.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Cool, anyone have the coords for the Rala Waterways entrance?

Rala Visage are probably for entering the Rala Waterways Skirmish and Cirdas Visage for Cirdas Caverns Skirmish. That's why there are two variant of heads and torso and body have a different name altogether.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can enter Rala from Western and Eastern Adoulin. Just look for small passages at the corners of the map with corners, e.g. E-7 in Eastern Adoulin.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Rala also sucks and has giant doors that, according to the npc, "Open and close at specific times of the day".

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Rala waterways Augural Conveyors located on B-6, if u touch it, it actually give u a warp there (on option enagmatic device on normal warp thingi)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Guenos View Post
    Rala waterways Augural Conveyors located on B-6, if u touch it, it actually give u a warp there (on option enagmatic device on normal warp thingi)
    Nice, now we have both tracked down. I'm gonna head down there and look at it directly.

Edit: Sweet, got them both now and can warp to them from Adoulin.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

FYI when you go to the Adoulin waypoints, scroll down the list of options and there is "go to an enigmatic device". That one allows me to warp to the Cirdas Caverns thingy I activated for 300 units. So I guess those instances are the enigmatic devices.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Faithful's Torso II from a Soul Pyre.
    Rala Visage II, another LS member claims he did some harvesting/logging/mining and later found it in his inventory.

If anyone can confirm my findings in this or my first post it would be great.

Thing I found strange directly from the notes on this is being able to buy with currency. I just wonder what currency they are talking about. I was messing around and tried a jadeshell with no luck.
    They can be obtained through numerous methods: they may be rewarded when completing a quest or mission, drop from fiends that roam the continent, or be received via exchanging certain currencies.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I guess you can buy them once you got a clear or something similiar.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Have anyone got Faithful's Legs?

I've seen a lot of Torsos and Visages. But no legs, I've been shouting like a mad man on my server as well. This might indicate they drop from a stuff we don't do yet, maybe Wildskeeper Reives?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jeron View Post
    Thing I found strange directly from the notes on this is being able to buy with currency. I just wonder what currency they are talking about. I was messing around and tried a jadeshell with no luck.
    They can be obtained through numerous methods: they may be rewarded when completing a quest or mission, drop from fiends that roam the continent, or be received via exchanging certain currencies.
    It actually says at the bottom how to purchase

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Players may occasionally obtain obsidian fragments from defeating skirmish enemies. These fragments can be exchanged* for either materials used in Inventors' Coalition augmentation services or simulacrum segments.
    *A certain facet of the Inventors' Coalition's building must be expanded before the coalition can provide this service.
    in case you're too lazy to find it yourself. it's another one of those catch-22 like things ):

some japanese did Skirmish
    got D58 Katana,
    Augmenting... D58+D14=D72
    http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/alkx/imgs/d/d/dd2f53fa-s.jpg
    Kikoku LV99 D64....

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not surprising considering the known weapons like the h2h and the D55 Dagger augment in the JP Live stream. 8 more base damage, but Minus 40 Attack and occ 2.5x dmg when compared to relic.

Good to know these things have potential for some BA Augments, if theres more to em and they're not static like the Armor... They could have potenital as great offhands for relic owners, or mainhands for Non-Relic holders. Wish we had more info on this, Did Reives FOREVER this week and not a single Sim. Piece... I know they come from other sources but i swear they have a chance to drop from Reives?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Since no one has been pointing this out, I figure I'd remind/tell anyone new that augmented damage on weapons doesn't increase fSTR cap. So that D72 Katana will have an fSTR cap of a D58 Katana.

Unless I missed something and this was changed in some update?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by geno3302 View Post
    Since no one has been pointing this out, I figure I'd remind/tell anyone new that augmented damage on weapons doesn't increase fSTR cap. So that D72 Katana will have an fSTR cap of a D58 Katana.

Unless I missed something and this was changed in some update?
    It depends how the augment is done. For some of them it increases fSTR cap, and for others it might not.

It is probably more relevant to note that the dagger got stats and base damage and this appears to just get base damage. It is unclear why, but photoshop might be the answer?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It depends how the augment is done. For some of them it increases fSTR cap, and for others it might not.

It is probably more relevant to note that the dagger got stats and base damage and this appears to just get base damage. It is unclear why, but photoshop might be the answer?
    Maybe it depends on how much you do? Didn't early on they say there was sorta a progression in rewards? So like maybe you just get some base dmg at first then maybe some stats. I wouldn't discount photoshop either though since has anyone found all the stuff you need to fight let alone get enough people in there to do it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast