+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    let me guess, you both occasionally believe things people who exclusively watch fox news say?

long story short there are numbers that "show" violent crime being higher in europe because the u.s. only counts certain very specific things as violent crime, while european countries include a lot more

and if you compare shit directly, like murder, rape, burglary, the u.s. is higher across the board
    Neither of us said we believed it. It is just an argument used by pro-gun people. The argument may be using cooked numbers, but it is still there. That is the impression that I got.

Also, throwing out a faux news snarky comment to start your post makes it almost impossible to take anything else you say seriously. And that is barring everything else I know of your postings. If you want to have a discussion, lets. But I won't feed the trolls.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

two plows a plowing
    and a poopdeck in a GD

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    Neither of us said we believed it. It is just an argument used by pro-gun people. The argument may be using cooked numbers, but it is still there. That is the impression that I got.

Also, throwing out a faux news snarky comment to start your post makes it almost impossible to take anything else you say seriously. And that is barring everything else I know of your postings. If you want to have a discussion, lets. But I won't feed the trolls.
    see, the thing is, it's literally a cooked story, originally posted by daily mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...frica-U-S.html

which fox news and the gun lobby took and ran with, while ignoring the giant flaws in its methods, detailed here:
    http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/2054...urders-than-uk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

see, the thing is, it's literally a cooked story, originally posted by daily mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...frica-U-S.html

which fox news and the gun lobby took and ran with, while ignoring the giant flaws in its methods, detailed here:
    http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/2054...urders-than-uk
    Yep, this is why I said in my post I could be very off base. I've never seen it argued about, and honestly didn't think the violent crime rate was relevant to a gun control issue anyway, so never looked into it myself.

Ridill
    BG Level

question everything etc., especially from the crazy right

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

question everything etc., especially from the crazy right
    Oh I normally do, as I said though, I never found the argument relevant, so I had no reason to look into it.

lol @ the idea of a 10 mile radius area in the U.S. with no confederate flags
    wut?

Driving somewhere around 100,000 miles exclusively in RI/MA, I have never once seen a confederate flag displayed anywhere in public.

This includes a 1-year stint at a job that required me driving to 3-5 random RI addresses a day, 3 days a week.

Anecdotal, sure, whatever, but I still can't honestly believe its anywhere near as frequent as you seem to think it is.

Ridill
    BG Level

You could probably drive a long ways without seeing a pink floyd poster displayed publicly as well.

I don't think people really passionate about pink floyd hang posters of it from polls on their front porch.

lol

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    I don't think people really passionate about pink floyd hang posters of it from polls on their front porch.
    And you apparently don't realize people "passionate" about the confederate flag hang it all over the inside of their house in places where flying it... wouldn't fly.

So basically, if you see it it's there... and if you don't see it, it's likely still there, somewhere?

I give.

Ridill
    BG Level

Uh, exactly?

The fact that you think not seeing confederate flags around flying publicly means there aren't any around is astounding.

I've very rarely seen one publicly in kansas, maybe once or twice on pickup truck back windows. But I have friends that live smack dab in the middle of the ghetto where whites make up like 10% of the population that have them hanging on walls, even used as fucking closet doors and shit lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Uh, exactly?

The fact that you think not seeing confederate flags around flying publicly means there aren't any around is astounding.

I've very rarely seen one publicly in kansas, maybe once or twice on pickup truck back windows. But I have friends that live smack dab in the middle of the ghetto where whites make up like 10% of the population that have them hanging on walls, even used as fucking closet doors and shit lol.
    A white surrounded by non whites is racist? gtfo

Seriously, if you honestly don't think you can go 10 miles without finding someone with a confederate flag in the north, idk what to say.

Ridill
    BG Level

I'd probably be willing to wager on it.

Rural areas are covered for obvious reasons, and every single city has its share of racists; a 10 mile radius area would be more square mileage than all of new york city's land.

Ridill
    BG Level

I mean you guys realize a contest for most beloved vehicle in human history (american history, at the very least) would probably be a tossup between the space shuttle and this:

right?

Hell I bet in the big northern cities you'd be hard pressed to find a 10 mile radius where nobody had the confederate flag tattooed on their fucking body. The only hope for finding a place without one would be like national parks and shit, just wide open places where there's no people...

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    wut?

Driving somewhere around 100,000 miles exclusively in RI/MA, I have never once seen a confederate flag displayed anywhere in public.

This includes a 1-year stint at a job that required me driving to 3-5 random RI addresses a day, 3 days a week.

Anecdotal, sure, whatever, but I still can't honestly believe its anywhere near as frequent as you seem to think it is.
    Hang around Walpole for awhile. There's someone who lives around here who has a redneck style lift kit / huge wheels pickup truck and flies the union jack / "Don't Tread On Me" flags in the back and loves driving right through the town center.

There's also a body shop in Dedham that has the Union Jack flying inside the shop last I checked also.

They're few and far between but you can find them if you look hard enough.

Uh, exactly?

Strawman, you're arguing against one.

I never said that not seeing one publicly = not possible to have one privately.

I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of stating something as a matter of fact, when it both cannot be proven, and cannot be dis-proven.

Search a 10-mile radius, find a flag? Point proven.
    Search a 10-mile radius, don't find a flag? It was hidden in the house/hidden as a tattoo on someone's left ass-cheek, and your point is still proven.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I'd probably be willing to wager on it.

Rural areas are covered for obvious reasons, and every single city has its share of racists; a 10 mile radius area would be more square mileage than all of new york city's land.
    There's land without a single house within a 10 mile radius here so you're wrong.

Spoiler: show
    Yep. This logic is just as sound as anything you've posted. Ever.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

And what do you mean by NYC's land exactly? Your maf is off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag