1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 21 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 12 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Old Remora Players?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28
    BG Level
    1

    Old Remora Players?

    Hey BG. I'm patiently awaiting the release of ARR but was wondering if there were any old time Remora FFXI players lurking about that are going to be playing. I saw Stanislaw's name somewhere and it brought back TONS of great memories. Stan if you see this post I just want to say my time with you in Akui were some of my all time best MMO moments. I still remember you getting your Dalmatica and becoming Wafik's twin hahaha. I saw Iulus's name as well somewhere and I remember him. Good times. I loved the Apathy drama with Wizerd and such.. even though drama does suck it was so much fun!

    Anyways I was that "immature" Taru BLM that Sinus always hated on.. I remember joining Apathy at like level 60 because iirc I begged him to join rofl. Good times. I'm all grown up now (still can't believe I played FFXI when I was like 14-15).

    Just looking to chat and see who is still around that played during those times on Remora.

    Cheers all!

  2. #2
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    795
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

    Yeps, I'm still here. I retired from FFXI a long time ago about the same time Wiz did, but moved onto play FFXIV about a year and a half ago and now waiting patiently for FFXIV:ARR's release.

  3. #3
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28
    BG Level
    1

    Awesome! Yeah I never got into 1.0 sadly... In the process of upgrading my PC for ARR and will definitely be purchasing and playing it at release. So stoked. I do miss Remora though! haha

  4. #4
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28
    BG Level
    1

    I kind of wanted to see if any old remora players were playing XIV. Looks like you are and have been, Stan. Are you starting fresh in XIV or continuing with your 1.0 guy?

  5. #5
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    795
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Tibiam View Post
    I kind of wanted to see if any old remora players were playing XIV. Looks like you are and have been, Stan. Are you starting fresh in XIV or continuing with your 1.0 guy?
    Continuing with my 1.0 character. Kinda hard to pass up on a character in which I got all crafts and gatherers to 50.

  6. #6
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28
    BG Level
    1

    True true! I'll be a noob then when ARR is out, all good hehe. Maybe we shall meet in-game one day. I'm glad I found you.. totally blew my mind when I saw your name on the forums. I have hope that there are more of my old LS mates around

  7. #7
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    795
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Tibiam View Post
    True true! I'll be a noob then when ARR is out, all good hehe. Maybe we shall meet in-game one day. I'm glad I found you.. totally blew my mind when I saw your name on the forums. I have hope that there are more of my old LS mates around
    Well, if you're interested in playing together, I'm on Durandal. No idea if the names of the servers will change (again) when ARR releases, though.

  8. #8
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5
    BG Level
    0

    greetings citizens.

    what is wizerd doing? will he be playing ffxiv 2:0? i miss his presens at killingifrit.

    and ferenan the badass, what he up to?

  9. #9
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28
    BG Level
    1

    FERENAN! Oh god I miss those days. Amroth, Hanian.. Apathy. The drama was at its prime. Hey Stan I see that BG had its LS on Durandal.. were you with them? I'd love to play with you, who knows... I'll be planning everything before launch as I upgrade my PC. We can definitely keep in touch. Any old remora players should all tag along and play together imo! Even those who hated eachother haha

  10. #10
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    795
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

    Quote Originally Posted by albela View Post
    greetings citizens.

    what is wizerd doing? will he be playing ffxiv 2:0? i miss his presens at killingifrit.

    and ferenan the badass, what he up to?
    Wizerd's married with Skyelark now, of which I got to attend his wedding and be the best man, and is-to-be a father. After he quit FFXI he went onto play WoW, but has since retired from the MMO scene altogether.

    Ferenan I have no idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tibiam View Post
    FERENAN! Oh god I miss those days. Amroth, Hanian.. Apathy. The drama was at its prime. Hey Stan I see that BG had its LS on Durandal.. were you with them? I'd love to play with you, who knows... I'll be planning everything before launch as I upgrade my PC. We can definitely keep in touch. Any old remora players should all tag along and play together imo! Even those who hated eachother haha
    No, I'm not with BG, although on occasions I did get to play with them on the rare pickup groups. I've been mostly by myself when it comes to keeping in touch with the NA crowd as I've been mostly playing with my JP friends.

  11. #11
    The Real Cookiemonster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,655
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Used to be on Remora, although significantly less high-profile than you guys, mostly watching the drama from afar. Suspect I will give ARR a try, but will be on an EU server.
    I ran into a few Remorans in 1.x, but most quit during the first few months.

  12. #12
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5
    BG Level
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislaw View Post
    Wizerd's married with Skyelark now, of which I got to attend his wedding and be the best man, and is-to-be a father. After he quit FFXI he went onto play WoW, but has since retired from the MMO scene altogether.

    Ferenan I have no idea.



    No, I'm not with BG, although on occasions I did get to play with them on the rare pickup groups. I've been mostly by myself when it comes to keeping in touch with the NA crowd as I've been mostly playing with my JP friends.
    i see, so their relationship lasted. i used to be in the same linkshell as her before she joined Akui. she probably hated me.

    too bad about ferenan, he was pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Used to be on Remora, although significantly less high-profile than you guys, mostly watching the drama from afar. Suspect I will give ARR a try, but will be on an EU server.
    I ran into a few Remorans in 1.x, but most quit during the first few months.
    greetings my norwegian elf friend.

  13. #13
    The Real Cookiemonster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,655
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    /salute

  14. #14
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28
    BG Level
    1

    Sup Hellfury! I totally remember you on Remora! albela was your name Albela on Remora or something else? It's been so long! We should all play together in XIV I'm not even kidding! I'd love to play with yea, Stan.

    Quick question: What do you guys think about ARR on PS3? I have a pretty nice setup TV-wise and stuff so I was thinking of going with that for now when the game is released until I save up for a beast PC.

    Also I kind of narrowed my go-to jobs to Summoner, White Mage and Monk with the hope of Thief being released in future patches. Do you guys have hope that Thief will be released? How was White Mage and Monk in 1.0? Were they enjoyable and engaging?

    I'm so stoked!

  15. #15
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28
    BG Level
    1

    I'll just add though that the new 2.0 only fresh-start servers look really tempting to start on as I can meet people at my level and grow with them. We'll see closer to release. I'm looking at some promising orphan free companies to apply for on top of that and I do plan to also play the game with 2-3 RL buddies. But who knows, I'd love to still try and play with y'all!

  16. #16
    The Real Cookiemonster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,655
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Personally, I am sticking with the PC version. Superior graphics and I am a multitasking junkie. Though this would of course depend on what kind of system you could put together

    I am a little ambivalent regarding the thief job. SE has a history of taking a good idea and screwing it up, I'd rather they just leave thief alone.
    I wouldn't mind them bringing guns into the fray though, either via archer/bard, or the supposed musketeer class.

    edit:
    The real ARR lure for me is the housing system. My mansion will be glorious!

  17. #17
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2
    BG Level
    0

    Was I so nameless to not warrent a mention? just got into beta phase2 today gonna try it out.

  18. #18
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    795
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

    Quote Originally Posted by senseless1.0 View Post
    Was I so nameless to not warrent a mention? just got into beta phase2 today gonna try it out.
    Damn it's been a while. Nice to see you around again Sense.

  19. #19
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2
    BG Level
    0

    I just found this forum again. Great to see you guys again. Life sure changes after many years. My wife is trying out the beta right now while I working.

  20. #20
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28
    BG Level
    1

    Dude Senseless! My favourite Taru pally. I never forgot you man haha.. my bad for not mentioning you . Grats on getting into Beta I am so jealous.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag