1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elayne View Post
    "Only supports text entry" What does that mean? Can't use the keypad even for moving? Pick up and drop my controller everytime I need to text?

<--(◎▂◎)--<<
    Pretty much, yes. They've said for a while that the PS3 could not / would not support multiple control schemes to reduce memory requirements. You have the crossbar controller setup as the sole control scheme, with a keyboard possible for chatting only.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Pretty much, yes.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    They've said for a while that the PS3 could not / would not support multiple control schemes to reduce memory requirements. You have the crossbar controller setup as the sole control scheme, with a keyboard possible for chatting only.
    For FFXI, I primarily used the keyboard on the PS3 for everything (text, macros, movement.) PC is the way to go if I'm pro-keyboard, still, can't say I'm not disappointed.

------------------------------

I'm all for PC if I were going for better graphics and so forth. But if I'm going for comfort, I'd rather not play in the office. And I'm not bringing my office onto my lap. I'll have to rethink this if I find the controller situation terrible. Obviously controller is fine for offline games, and games I use headset. Something about switching between keyboard and controller is messy and slow..

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    PS3 is a dying console.
    Lol

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    HA!

Sure, I'll just put a bag over my head first

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You laugh but the logitech one for PS2 was the stuff when XI launched went through like 3 of those things.

I actually had that controller during the game cube PSO era. lol oh the memories.

Save for PS4 Version!! Was just announced today that aRR will be coming to the PS4. Awesome!

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Still going PC even with PS4... PC superiority...! mmm 2560x1440 res gaming

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Played on PS3 next to someone playing on PC this past weekend. The PC version, obviously, looks way better. I like the inventory grid section and I WANT IT!

There is a key bind map in the menu that I didn't really look at. I'm easy to please though, I played XI on PS2 and haven't managed to update my PC in FOREVER and I'm grateful to be able to play again.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you purchase the ps3 version of the game and created a subscription account, won't you be able to just download the PC client and log in with the same credentials later? In that case you have access to both. Or would you also need to buy the PC edition? I'm unsure if both would have separate registration codes or if it's only based off of your subscription account.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

If you don't have a 1.0 account and you want to be on both PS3 and PC you need to buy both edition and register your code under the same SE account

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ah, understood, thanks Ratatapa. I beta tested the game on PC a little bit last night and it was beautiful. If a good PC is affordable I would go that route for the eye candy.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone have an extra PS3 beta key? A friend of mine wants to play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5