+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Warframe     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Aside from showing off more Railjack stuff and the new rendering engine, they left us with this tease.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

TennoCon was amazing this year, the cinematic intro was beautifully made.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Empyrean stuff only reminded me how much of a complete lack of tutorialization this game still has. If you didn't read the update notes on their forum or asked around beforehand, you were running blind as to how the new systems operated, which would include how to repair your ship when it's got a hull breach/fire in the middle of a mission.

Couldn't even do much with my own ship since my clan's Dojo was doing some remodeling shortly after I finished a couple runs due to the ship docking room being so large that it made the general floor layouts a little ugly. Apparently you can't launch your ship from the docks if the Navigation room is temporarily out of commission because it's tied to that......for reasons, despite the Railjack ship having its own navigation terminal.

Also had a bug where I was helping someone else out on their ship and both the gunner pods were 180 inverted for some reason, meaning we were facing the inside of the ship rather than out where all the targets are. Game is nicknamed Bugframe for a reason.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New stuff being announced in a little over 10min for those that still play this buggy mess. And it's over now.

- New frame coming along: Xaku
    - Heart of Deimos content coming August 25th: New tileset + Field location
    - Helminth system in the back-left room of the Orbiter: Sacrifice non-Prime frames after feeding resources to a thing, to learn their skill to slot onto another frame

Overall a bit light on content relative to prior year's Tennocons, but DE probably learned this time not to show off stuff that is more than a year's way off, as some of the content from 2019 Tennocon still isn't out or has seen the light of day since.
    Folks who were in the relay during the stream were treated to a few dioramas while the devs ran through some of the Deimos content though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No real difference over the current PC version with Enhanced engine selected from the launcher. As for the load times, were they really that bad on PS4? It shows 10s for PS5 but that's what I already get roughly on PC....off a regular HD, not an SSD. Maybe it'll give them a proper excuse to work on its loading routines in general to prevent it dropping my framerate to 30ish every time I enter a loading hallway. Granted Steve's been tight-lipped over whatever they're probably planning for next-gen features like RTX support.

On a different note, DE's efforts to recompress all of the textures in the game using a different method is going well, despite it requiring everyone to basically redownload all of the textures. My install size went down 15gb (currently weighs in at 30.8gb) with no perceptible change in asset quality with the current two updates of the three they've released so far.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    As for the load times, were they really that bad on PS4?
    Yes, they are.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, were absolutely terrible. I'd directly blame PS4 Cetus loading times for my loss of drive a few years ago.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's been out a few days now. Relatively bug-free as far as DE's own standards of releasing updates hot go. New War requires you to be up to date on all of the major story quests, and have a Railjack/Necramech built.

Once you start the quest your account is committed to it until you finish it, so get your dailies out of the way ahead of time if that matters to you at all. Game warns you about it ahead of time at any rate. I like the gameplay variety thus far between the characters, although some of it feels slow when one is accustomed to bulletjumping & gliding everywhere.

Fuck if I know what's going on with the characters in the story because of how long this 'cinematic quest' series has been going now though. Most of it probably buried in lore tidbits that I'm too lazy to Google, and it's not like I can access the codex ingame currently until I finish New War.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    It's been out a few days now. Relatively bug-free as far as DE's own standards of releasing updates hot go. New War requires you to be up to date on all of the major story quests, and have a Railjack/Necramech built.

Once you start the quest your account is committed to it until you finish it, so get your dailies out of the way ahead of time if that matters to you at all. Game warns you about it ahead of time at any rate. I like the gameplay variety thus far between the characters, although some of it feels slow when one is accustomed to bulletjumping & gliding everywhere.

Fuck if I know what's going on with the characters in the story because of how long this 'cinematic quest' series has been going now though. Most of it probably buried in lore tidbits that I'm too lazy to Google, and it's not like I can access the codex ingame currently until I finish New War.
    Spoiler: show
    Im no Lore expert but I can tell you what I gathered from the story up until New War, which I havent logged in to play yet

- You're a Mech Pilot that lives in a space egg at the back of your ship.
    - You have Laser beam powers as well though. (Not in Warframe)
    - Space Mom helps you learn to use both
    - Sentients (Badguys who wanna kill you) start showing up.
    - Plot Twist: Space Mom is Sentient
    - Your space mom left to rejoin Sentients.
    - New War starts.

Non meme recap of what I vaguely remember as absolutely not a lore expert. You get your Warframe Piloting skills and your Laserbeam powers because you once lived in or entered "The Void(?)". As for the people who built Warframes, the Ancient peoples, they sent Robots into deep space for colonization(??), robots become sentient at some point during the journey and come back to kill them because idk, AI, I don't remember if they succeeded at one point in the past and left or what have you, cause I dont remember how the old assholes died (Either by Sentients or that Discount Flood virus) but those are the Sentient's you're fighting in New War. Space Mom is a Sentient but she took a liking to the Tenno Children(You and your Void powered buddies) and decided to teach them/raise them but now the other Sentients have returned and she was either brainwashed or awakened or some such and rejoined them, and I believe that was roughly the last act before this new chapter, but its been over a year since i played it so memory is fuzz on the specifics.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Duviri Paradox coming (finally) after it was shown off three years ago with zero fucking context. Steve's also leaving Warframe to work on the newly announced Soulframe.
    https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/sta...33145124401154

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I enjoy how bonkers they can get with some of the stuff they add, and it's a nice contrast to Bungie putting old stuff in the 'content vault' when DE is luck fuck that we're just adding a whole new gameplay system and then some, every major update.