+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Warframe     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Warframe

Looks like a good game for being f2p. Like a simple version of Ninja Gaiden, if he also used guns...

Just need to sign up for the download.

Also it looks to be downloadable from Steam.

https://warframe.com/game

"Warframe is a cooperative free-to-play online action game set in an evolving sci-fi world. Join your friends in player-vs-enemy raids across the solar system and master the power of the Warframes. Stand alone or fight together against enemies that threaten your world. "

Co-op mission game play:

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It actually looks pretty legit. I'll give it a whirl when I get a chance.

Bringer of Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Its a pretty fun game if you have some people to play with, otherwise it can be a bit tough when you hit defense type missions solo. Working on getting my Frost warframe at the moment and just getting there is tough(in a good way) with an Excalibur + Mag team.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

[link deleted]

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

game is awesome I played loki till level 22 of it then bought hunter founder pack and been using Exalibur Prime ever since.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Signed up this morning, played for about an hour. Seems pretty decent so far

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Being considered for Xbox One
    Warframe, Digital Extremes’ free-to-play squad shooter, could come to Xbox One after Microsoft’s self-publishing reversal, studio VP of publishing Meredith Braun said.

“We’re happy to see Microsoft shift its attitude on independent development for their new system,” Braun told OXM. “We’d be silly not to consider Warframe for Xbox One now. The system itself will be awesome and now the landscape of games that it supports has just become limitless. Exciting times.”

Warframe is set to arrive on PlayStation 4 as a launch title this holiday.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/07/warframe-...me-to-xbox-one
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/59045/xbox-one-...easing-for-it/

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

would I be correct in assuming that this is basically a vastly expanded Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer-esque experience?

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Don't know for sure as I never played the ME3 multiplayer, but it's good for fun and they update reasonably frequently.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Guess I'll give it a try next time I get a chance

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I played for like two hours, every mission I played I got partied with people who were a similar level to me but had bought cash shop items and subsequently just ran around blowing enemies up at the speed of money while I had to plink at them with my fart-powered pea shooter. Tried to run a mission solo and it glitched out on me. Took a look at the high-level chat to see what people were talking about and it was all people complaining about rare keys for missions and wanting party members with a certain level of bought frames and items. Closed the game and uninstalled.

This game is pay to win defined.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Not even remotely true. The only real limiting thing as a free player is invo space. You can only have 8 weapons and 3(?) Warframes by default. Though they give you 50 cash shop currency to expand either a little for free. Aside from that everything is available to you, you just have to build weapons/frames with parts and mats you find. Some can take a pretty lengthy grind but nothing too extreme. The game has been growing very quickly and the devs have rapidly been adding new content, definitely worth checking out, especially if you liked the ME3 multi as it is fairly similar.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You start with only 2 warframe slots, but thanks to starting plat you can easily get 2 more. I also got an extra weapon slot of a weekend event that gave out a free weapon(which is probably the best sniper rifle in the game and you cannot buy it). Anyways, this is a game you very much want to play with friends. I think I've played with randoms maybe once or twice, rest of the time I'm with my friend chatting in skype or soloing. And with the recent changes to Dojo costs, small clans can actually do shit now.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ya it's great with friends.. and while it's not P2W, it is P2GetAhead since people can just buy the frames and shit prebuilt. Still, though.. 95% of everything is readily available to farm/build.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    would I be correct in assuming that this is basically a vastly expanded Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer-esque experience?
    sort of, in a pve multiplayer fps kinda way. units have some powers like ME3(but you can customize them over time) but they are utilized a little differently. played it for a few hours today and i liked it. using real money does give you a hefty boost but nothing you cant make up for over time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So basically I should look forward to this on the PS4, it sounds like fun if you can compare it to ME 3's MP which I love.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Launches for Xbox One

BUMP,

Warframe gotten some prettygood updates since this thread was last visited. The game is largely still the same, but a lot of the systems are more polished, and it results in a more streamlined and enjoyable experience. They expanded the melee combat, which I find a lot of fun now, even though I'm still pretty low level (only one frame maxed out, and a couple of maxed out weapons). It's a fun game to jump on for a couple of hours, especially if you set very small goals for every play session. I'm basically now just unlocking all the missions, so that I can gain access to items to craft new weapons/warframes.

If you used to dick around with this game before, I suggest giving it another try. I got back into it after watching TB's re-review on it recently. He brought up a couple of points that caught my attention, since I really don't game a lot during the weekends, its nice to hop on during weekdays after work and level up some stuff, and hack and slash through mobs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast