BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Tchakka never resisted Stun when I casted it at any point during the battle (granted my Stun setup is about as good as it can be, but still it was 0 resists). Considering he's water-based and likely least resistant to Thunder, I doubt you have any resists on him aside from some very infrequent random ones.

Was QD spam when I did it also. Colonization was 35% at the time and Thunder V dealt about 650-700 damage as SCH (2900-3000 typical without storm so I think he has some extra MDT- or MDB as well, assuming overall DT is directly aligned with colonization rate). Normal damage should be fine once colonization rates are at or near cap, but you're still gonna want to keep people out of range of this guy most of the time.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Given that these are long fights, how desirable would SMN be for damage?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know if i went, It'd be on SMN... AoE buffs for all dem folks, Hateless/near-so DMG, and safely out of AoE Range >:0.

I'm sure no one would complain, Pet jobs can be quite useful and you run no risk of being murdered unless you're unlucky

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Leveling and gearing COR just for these fights, made the mistake of going RNG to a 33?% colonization rate achuka, felt really good to go through 12 stacks of adaman bullets in one fight.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Undesirable because fffffffffuuuuuuuu avatar lag!

More seriously they'd be decent. Not just for damage but also they could snag adds in a pinch. Plus buffs like Karb said.

Hate free damage is pretty decent for the Shark at least. The frequency that the tanks hit the floor meant I frequently got my face eaten on COR. Partially my own fault for stacking QD's.

Sidenote but I'm personally not touching these again until after the update next week since maybe they will put in the price reduction.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I haven't been online enough to fight one which makes me sad TBH, Will be happy when i can log on again now that I'm @ the proper mission, Luckily Monday they're reducing price with that update based on coaltiion blah blah blah blah, either way, Hopefully can reive all weekend so i can get some more points since i stopped with just enough to afford some of the pieces I wanted.

the only one i'll be willing to go for 100k now is the Bee.
    2/3 from them.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Do the adds for shark/bee pose a problem? When i did achuka, the adds never got close enough to aggro

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

all 3 can be pulled away from adds. aside from the occassional stray you wont have to deal with any that arent pulled

My experience from Shark, due to the amount of ppl in it.
    Mainly, CORs are killing it. The rest of the DDs are more like playing Reives, killing minions for bayds.

I've heard of these fights taking several hours to complete, but with some of the drops that may be worth it. Does everyone need to buy the 100k b. KI? Or only the leader per alliance? Oddly enough I've heard it both ways from people who have claimed to have done it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Its not an alliance event...heard a cap of 64 ppl though. Its like any other reive, you could have everyone solo if you so desired. So all need ki to enter

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

How good would a BLU/THF be in this sort of fight where there's a high chance and high frequency of deaths? Since physical BLU spells are unaffected by weakness, it would seem like good DoT to run in there and SA Benthic/Vanity Dives or try to connect a Disseverment(for the insane 22 DoT) and random multihits.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    How good would a BLU/THF be in this sort of fight where there's a high chance and high frequency of deaths? Since physical BLU spells are unaffected by weakness, it would seem like good DoT to run in there and SA Benthic/Vanity Dives or try to connect a Disseverment(for the insane 22 DoT) and random multihits.
    I could imagine Regurgitation spam would be good too ( not for shark obviously ) but probably they have too much MDB/MDT.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sakura Ephemera
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Leveling and gearing COR just for these fights, made the mistake of going RNG to a 33?% colonization rate achuka, felt really good to go through 12 stacks of adaman bullets in one fight.
    Ouch. Guess I'm going COR then.

edit: Or RNG/COR.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Anyone do the same Naakual more then once?

Wondering if you can force a drop once you have the other drops?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You cannot. People have reported that if you already have the R/Ex drop you are assigned, you will simply receive nothing. It doesn't re-roll instead.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    You cannot. People have reported that if you already have the R/Ex drop you are assigned, you will simply receive nothing. It doesn't re-roll instead.

Thanks, figured as much. Hopeful thinking!

Anyone have some melee damage reports with a colonization % of ~25-35? I am interested in hearing if it is potentially worth it to bring a properly buffed DD party (even with the -70% DT), or just throw everyone on whatever random pet job or cor.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Wardeniii View Post
    Anyone have some melee damage reports with a colonization % of ~25-35? I am interested in hearing if it is potentially worth it to bring a properly buffed DD party (even with the -70% DT), or just throw everyone on whatever random pet job or cor.
    My LS did Achuka at 38% colonization rate and it was pretty horrible. We only brought about 10 people to start it so we certainly weren't ideally buffed but our resolutions were doing 200-400 damage a piece. We ended up just shouting in town for more CORs to join us because it was taking forever.