BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Good to know. Still has some uses atleast.
    considering how everything basicly got slammed the toilet, I would hesitate spending alot of gil on HQs. We dont even know what the delve armor can be ugpraded to fully. I will go with NQ on some/most pieces.

hexed jacket is on of those candidates since I barely use cor atm

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I guess Alchemy didn't get any new recipes then?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    considering how everything basicly got slammed the toilet, I would hesitate spending alot of gil on HQs. We dont even know what the delve armor can be ugpraded to fully. I will go with NQ on some/most pieces.

hexed jacket is on of those candidates since I barely use cor atm

I totally agree but the NQs still have some use and a bunch can be picked up cheap. I bet I have 30 NQ Hexed Hakamas laying around, the was 0 market for them this morning but might be a small market now. I could see Honors bringing a solid penny for the next few weeks.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I totally agree but the NQs still have some use and a bunch can be picked up cheap. I bet I have 30 NQ Hexed Hakamas laying around, the was 0 market for them this morning but might be a small market now. I could see Honors bringing a solid penny for the next few weeks.
    yeah definitly, I am just hopeing that delve drops scarletite, ormolu ingot etc. like candy, otherwise its gonna be a pain in the ass considering alot of the new weapons have those ingridients too.... Basicly what SE did with Legion was the same as with cursed gear: to revert it to sky/ground abjuration state after abyssea has hit in full force and it was cheap as hell to synth cursed gear. I hope the same applies here with mat supply otherwise it wont work out.

yeah definitly, I am just hopeing that delve drops scarletite, ormolu ingot etc. like candy, otherwise its gonna be a pain in the ass considering alot of the new weapons have those ingridients too.... Basicly what SE did with Legion was the same as with cursed gear: to revert it to sky/ground abjuration state after abyssea has hit in full force and it was cheap as hell to synth cursed gear. I hope the same applies here with mat supply otherwise it wont work out.
    It seems likely that an update which increases demand for high end synthesis materials will also supply them, probably through the new high end battle system they just implemented.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

With you 100%. Scarletite is impossible to get and no reason to do PW at all anymore.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

According to the little chart s/e showed for rewards in relation to Delve, seems crafting mats will only come from the Boss fights in Delve, so hopefully they divide the spoils to be like VW with everyone getting their own personal loot, if not, then it seems unlikely we'll see any huge increase in availability of these mats if they do indeed drop from Delve also.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    According to the little chart s/e showed for rewards in relation to Delve, seems crafting mats will only come from the Boss fights in Delve, so hopefully they divide the spoils to be like VW with everyone getting their own personal loot, if not, then it seems unlikely we'll see any huge increase in availability of these mats if they do indeed drop from Delve also.
    I am hopeing they meant only the boss specific craft items (used for the new weapons) and that scarletiet ormolu and co. drop of the normal NMs from shards or inside too.

Also I guess that we can see a raise in crafting cap in about 6-9 months probably, considering most/all those synths are above lvl 110 and hexed gear might become cheap to make.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Updated first post with info so far, and approx level ranges. We need more people to report with their current level, and what NPCs give what recipes so we can narrow down the caps a bit.

Also need more info on Sharur, Ogapepo Cape and Pya'ekue Belt. Crystal? Which NPC gives the recipe and whats your level?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For Pya'ekue, I got the recipe from the advanced synthesis npc and I am 104 leather.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Funkwortz I answered the cape question in my post I think. At school atm

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislaus View Post
    Determined that this was an HQ1, so it's still possible that HQ2 or HQ3 can get the full 5 WSD augment.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Iirc, Hexed -1s don't get the higher value unless they HQ2 or HQ3 either.

Also, if no one has pointed it out yet:
    * Rockfin Tooth = New Delve Sharky
    * Gabbrath Horn = New Delve Achuka
    * Bztavian Wing = New Delve Colchab (or whatever his name is)

Talking to Jacoudat with cooking 110 and he tell me about those:

Magma steak:

Fire Crystal
    1x popoto
    1x handful of bay leaves
    1x pinch of black pepper
    1x ear of millioncorn
    1x flask of olive oil
    1x chunk of rock salt
    1x San d'Orian carrot
    1x slice of gabbrath meat

Bowl of riverfin soup:

Fire Crystal
    1x ginger root
    1x chicken bone
    1x chunk of rock salt
    1x rockfin fin
    1x flask of distilled water
    1x sprig of cibol
    1x head of isleracea

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Need to know your friends level and which NPC he got those recipes from.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As a RDM Goldsmith, I have to say that looking up the name of my one new synth and seeing that it's the melee whm club leaves me with a sense of... appropriateness.

I'm also amused to see how many new crafts are going to learn the joy of ormolu. Given the rest of the update though, if they turn out to be the "logs" of Delve, I won't be even a little surprised.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So goldsmithing gets 1 item. A club. Yippie fucking skippy.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    So goldsmithing gets 1 item. A club. Yippie fucking skippy.
    Yeah its a damn shame goldsmithers need more items, why are goldsmithing continuously shut out?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Yeah its a damn shame goldsmithers need more items, why are goldsmithing continuously shut out?
    Because it got way overhyped back in the day and everyone fears what it can do even though those days are long gone and weren't that great to begin with. Kinda like rdm

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    A 174 base dmg club useable by pld (compared to 130 base dmg sword). I'm could see pld main handing that club and using realmrazor.