BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 269 FirstFirst ... 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 ... LastLast

Thread: Delve     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Murder machine with a motor in her nose
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

By any chance does anyone know what was up with the update note about volatile matamata using counter stance? I've never seen him use that. Was it a mistranslation or is there some specific circumstance that causes him to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Doofus View Post
    Our dispellers also had issue, not just a few % different either, it was night and day with same buffs.
    Not to throw too much gas on the speculation fire, but our dispellers were also getting resisted at what seemed like a much higher clip than usual. Would say it added maybe 90 seconds to the fight at the most.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Great... Did it prolong the fight significantly?

Anyway; Tojil attempts again tomorrow. Few things.

1) I might go for selective stunning if our damage is a little bit behind. What can go through? Assuming Surge, most spells, and what else?

2) I'm doing DRG myself. What's the proper procedure for surge jump and angon? Angon first.. Surge after it wears.. Or?

1) We skip surge only

2) Angon, wait 1:25, Call Wyrm, 1hr, Jump, Jump again, Angon. Good groups kill him under 5min so he'll be long dead. For first win senarios hopefully you get your 1hr back from WC and repeat the process a 2nd time. I also try my best to save 2hr for 74% to spike DPS during piercing but if 100-74 is taking too long I'll start it earlier.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ugh our first Tojil run saw him Incinerate Lash off the get go and then right again >< So disappointing. Worse still, our stunner actually stunned him but it still went off. Maybe we will have better luck next time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Ugh our first Tojil run saw him Incinerate Lash off the get go and then right again >< So disappointing. Worse still, our stunner actually stunned him but it still went off. Maybe we will have better luck next time.
    The stun could have been late. Can't always go by the chat log. Similar to when you still see a mobs tp move after its died. Was hyped for that last night too, lol.

During peak hours of fracture even packet stunning loses to latency.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Clearly the solution is to all pitch in and relocate your stunners to japan.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Yubar View Post
    After this update it seems Kurma is more resistant to dispel even with macc and meva down on it.
    I'm gonna echo this. RDM, voidstorm/klimaform/gain-int. I was able to dispel Kurma with pretty much a 100% acc rate before with both +macc and -meva from geos. I've since added about 25macc to my set and started using (supposedly) macc food, but last night, my dispel rate was pretty much floored. Maybe 3 dispels landed out of almost 100 tries.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

inb4 only way to dispel it is to steal it. (thief'sssss!)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Surely you mean steal it with blu

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    This is true.... even if there's essentially no one else in fracture in my experience. Dakuwaka's zone is exceptionally bad.

I went all the way through Legion stunning by hand. I was fine stunning Tojil by hand too (his ready times are very long), but the lag led me to make a packet stun bot basically just so I could take the blame off of my reflexes. Guess what? It still fails on occasion. You either deal with lag and recovery or get stunners with really good connections/living in Japan.
    Is there some kind of spell cast that allows a stunner to stun specific moves of these NMs?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Nope! Spellcast (and Gearswap, which I'm making an only works with an alpha hook/LuaCore) only react to you or your pets' actions. They cannot be used to stun bot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Dark Seal Absorb-Attri!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's very frustrating as a stunner to know that you will sometimes be unable to perform your function purely due to lag reasons, and that "lag" still never sounds like an acceptable reason for missing a stun.
    Been getting bretty butthurt lately, we go in with a buyer and I dualbox stuns- I can't scroll up in chat logs or it freezes but I know one time my ready stun char didn't have baltho in log and it popped up on my other window so obv I missed it, have had lahars not show up at all and like he says everyone gets weakened.. Could they have changed some packet handling/labels? I don't know how it works but I had 0 issues ever before lastweek on

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

No, it's not changes to packet handling. Battlemod prints every action packet that I get and doesn't throw errors like it would if things were really getting strange.

It's likely SE's servers frying because they don't even know what the fuck. I mean, you have to assume that everyone in any Fracture is using the same "layered zone" (SE's terminology for Salvage-like instanced zones) because they're all just wall-variations of Cirdas. It is likely that the server(s) that handle this are also shared with Salvage and Assaults. People were already complaining about lag issues in Salvage v2 even before the patch. It is probably just poor design on their part, but if it makes you feel better the benefit of being JP would be fairly minor in this case.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's very frustrating as a stunner to know that you will sometimes be unable to perform your function purely due to lag reasons, and that "lag" still never sounds like an acceptable reason for missing a stun.
    This is pretty much why I refuse to play SCH/BLM in fracture boss runs now, even though I have an Apamajas and very good builds. The whole thing is just too frustrating, especially now with Lahars missing from log. You only get blame heaped on you by everyone else in the run. This stuff has diminishing returns once you get the KI, that's all I can say.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is it not doing the animation lines/stance anymore either?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

IIRC, those are triggered by the "readies" action packet. If I'm not getting a message with battlemod, it's not showing rays.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Hmmm. I wonder if SE made a stealth change since they stated kind of they didn't like people stunning and wanted it done another way. I wouldn't put it pass them...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seems kinda retarded to make moves that have litterally no sign of happening. You having to eat everything (and support not even knowing you ate something till they get told what happened) just kinda encourages things like PD lol