FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    HQ message just now. Not a single +2.
    Yeah but did you get the "tense pressure" message on Tojil? When you get the "mumbling" message when you enter, one of the NMs always gives the "tense pressure" message. I've never seen it be Tojil. It always seems to make an extra +1 drop (7 total Airlixirs instead of 6), and according to Dotsu it also makes the weapons or visible drop on the lower tier NMs, rather than the accessories.

@Helel - are you saying you got a tense pressure message on Tojil specifically when you aggroed/engaged him? I've only ever seen that on lower tier NMs, but I'd have thought it would guarantee an extra +2 on Tojil. If that's what you saw, did he drop four total Airlixirs instead of three (full pool of 10 items)?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

id personally like 3rngs 3mnks but after the 1st beaded f up. they dont think it will work. ideas?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Bored View Post
    So heres the situation we are. we are gonna get a t2,t4,t3 bead. with those and 25mins on bee can 4mnks rng mura sam push pass the brickwall or should we just rng it?
    OurLS mnks are good. we do 5min tojil, so ppl wanna stick to doing the mnk way. No rngs. i just dont ever see mnks pushing past the pdt wall.
    You will be able to kill the bee nearly guaranteed with a MNK setup and T4 bead alone. Mastop is the lone douche of the bunch when you go in with a full melee setup - Muyingwa just requires an extra couple of minutes to get through the last 25% with the crazy DT. The other NMs should each die in less than five minutes (including the scorpion), leaving you at least 20 for the boss, which should die in less than 10. Just do a dry run or two with your setup to make sure you're downing the other NMs fast enough so you don't waste a bead. Mastop can take 10 minutes if he decides to be a jerk - I still don't know what the hell is going on with his DT half the time even with all the information that's been posted. Ultimately, you'd probably be able to do a full clear anyway, so if you don't already have the bead, you may just want to try it.

Edit: If you're going for a non-RNG full clear including Mastop, you're probably going to want at least one Mura/Tsuru SAM in there, and you're going to want your CORs to be WSing Last Stand to expedite (they can do that on the boss as well).

Old Merits
    BG Level

For bee ideally just bring 2drg 2sam 2mnk but DDs are flexible (the best time saver is 2 sam with mura on mastop). Bee is easy now regardless of whether or not you hit DT at every 25% or not.

Kill scorp first, if you have multiple deaths and it takes over 6mins, just exit and reset the rdms chainspell and try again. Don't waste another 35mins inside if you fuck it up.

On boss, last 25% is slow but considering how much faster it dies now stuns won't be an issue so you can just power through. Sams become pretty useless below 50% so if you don't have 2 mura/tsu sam have the other come MNK or DRG.

Mastop really isn't worth beading out if you have 2 mura on it though, rather than waste an evening farming the bead you can make 2-3 attempts at 5NM

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

SAMs with Apex arrow will flat out rape the bee. Also are your sch's stun locking the last 50% of scorp? We have a RDM chain spell the 1st 50, then 2 sch's can near chain spell stun it the last 50%

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yes SAM can probably make decent use of Apex Arrow now that plasm bow has acc on it, will likely still want at least 1 1hr'd prelude instead of minuet2/3 to make it worthwhile.

There is no reason to stun lock the first 50% of scorp since it can only use wild rage and its single target attacks, just put up scherzo and it won't kill anyone with death scissors. After 50% wild rage is replaced with earthbreaker so you should have your RDM CS at 52%ish to prevent any going off as it drops below.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

That sounds like the setup we be familiar with more. 3mnk 3sam. The 2 sams with mura would have delve bows. And the other sam would have yoichi/ delve bow r15 A, but no mura. Will the sams just tp then Apex it or does mura completely bypass its DT? guessing apex it or you wouldnt have suggested sam with apex?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Tsu+Plasm bow, Yoichi is miles behind it. Mura on Mastop only.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

We just ended up using muras on bee. Whats the ws set for AA on sam for bee, I can't really see anything that hits high enough acc numbers for it.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Tsu/Duplus/Bow/Ammo
    Yaoyotl/Gorget/Agi earrings
    Mikinaak/AF3+2/RingsDependonAcc
    Thall/Elebelt/Mikinaak/Whirlpool

Lowballing that at 720acc before counting rings. Our Sam would be eating sushi anyway for mura on mastop so 820~ accuracy with acc rings + food but not counting any other buffs or accuracy bonus Apex might have.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sakura Ephemera
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Yeah but did you get the "tense pressure" message on Tojil? When you get the "mumbling" message when you enter, one of the NMs always gives the "tense pressure" message. I've never seen it be Tojil. It always seems to make an extra +1 drop (7 total Airlixirs instead of 6), and according to Dotsu it also makes the weapons or visible drop on the lower tier NMs, rather than the accessories.

@Helel - are you saying you got a tense pressure message on Tojil specifically when you aggroed/engaged him? I've only ever seen that on lower tier NMs, but I'd have thought it would guarantee an extra +2 on Tojil. If that's what you saw, did he drop four total Airlixirs instead of three (full pool of 10 items)?
    Yes. Gotten the tense pressure message on the bosses many times. They always drop 4 airlixirs. One is always a +2. I'm always the PLD on Tojil so I'm the one who sees it.

-----

Too bad people can't play RNG correctly. Went with only 2 yesterday and still killed bee ~4m with just 5 DDs. Shouldn't have any trouble with 3 RNG. Much easier to cap pDIF @3 now post-update on the NQ NMs. Mastop was unusually slow for us, though. Ranged damage was all over the place. He actually went down faster pre-update.

The best part about the update is your accuracy is capped even when the evasion messages pop up, except for wamoura/mastop.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Tsu/Duplus/Bow/Ammo
    Yaoyotl/Gorget/Agi earrings
    Mikinaak/AF3+2/RingsDependonAcc
    Thall/Elebelt/Mikinaak/Whirlpool

Lowballing that at 720acc before counting rings. Our Sam would be eating sushi anyway for mura on mastop so 820~ accuracy with acc rings + food but not counting any other buffs or accuracy bonus Apex might have.
    With all that acc and perhaps a little more wouldn't sidewinder be an option? It should do more dmg if you can actually hit with it

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    With all that acc and perhaps a little more wouldn't sidewinder be an option? It should do more dmg if you can actually hit with it
    That forces you to /rng where using apex allows you to stay /war.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh yeah forgot about that lameness

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Two BLUs decimate Ceizak. Requiescat isn't subject to Muyingwa or Mastop's DT., and blue magic is quite consistent on the chapuli(~1800-2200/cast) with all of the DEF down we use now

We use MNK MNK BLU BLU DRG DRG, for reference

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Two BLUs decimate Ceizak. Requiescat isn't subject to Muyingwa or Mastop's DT., and blue magic is quite consistent on the chapuli(~1800-2200/cast) with all of the DEF down we use now

We use MNK MNK BLU BLU DRG DRG, for reference
    this. went blu yesterday and its very good for that zone. 6k quad cont on chapuli with chain aff. absolute terror works very good on scorp, use below 50%. and requiescat is consistenly good on all NMs. parsed 1. on bee which is no wonder due to the damage taken thingy it has.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

What would be the gear requirement for cor on a boss run?

I always see "veteran cor" in the shout for jobs. Does that mean Empy? or just -DT sets or something else?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    this. went blu yesterday and its very good for that zone. 6k quad cont on chapuli with chain aff. absolute terror works very good on scorp, use below 50%. and requiescat is consistenly good on all NMs. parsed 1. on bee which is no wonder due to the damage taken thingy it has.
    Yeah, you can get some really impressive numbers with JA'd spells, and terror has a lot of applications. Winds of Promy. is pretty nifty, too

BLU is also pretty incredible in Foret, too. Krab dies remarkably fast with Req

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So I was looking at bg wiki delve rewards page and noticed Speleogen Bow's evasion path lists accuracy (not ranged acc) as a 2nd trait, thought that might be interesting for SAM use with Mura, got the bow and took it to rank 2, it is not acc on that path, it's ranged acc.

I imagine doing evasion path on a melee weapon would probably give melee acc, maybe wiki should update that path to say "ranged acc on ranged weapons"?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    So I was looking at bg wiki delve rewards page and noticed Speleogen Bow's evasion path lists accuracy (not ranged acc) as a 2nd trait, thought that might be interesting for SAM use with Mura, got the bow and took it to rank 2, it is not acc on that path, it's ranged acc.

I imagine doing evasion path on a melee weapon would probably give melee acc, maybe wiki should update that path to say "ranged acc on ranged weapons"?
    Yeah, we always had the verification flag on that evasion path because we were never sure about it. Now we know, so I'll update (thanks for checking and reporting!).