Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 260 of 269 FirstFirst ... 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 ... LastLast

Thread: Delve     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    this. went blu yesterday and its very good for that zone. 6k quad cont on chapuli with chain aff. absolute terror works very good on scorp, use below 50%. and requiescat is consistenly good on all NMs. parsed 1. on bee which is no wonder due to the damage taken thingy it has.
    Scorp seemed to resist terror quite a bit but the rest of the NM its useful for.

Quote Originally Posted by Guym View Post
    What would be the gear requirement for cor on a boss run?

I always see "veteran cor" in the shout for jobs. Does that mean Empy? or just -DT sets or something else?
    We had a guy return to the game after a 3 year break, half geared. People "shouting" for Delve bosses are usually people not winning them, so chances are their requirements also consist of mythic bards and yagrush WHM.

The only thing a COR needs to do in Delve is keep up 5 rolls (ie, understand the concept of party hopping), and perhaps Dia2>Light Shot NMs. If they want to do that naked, more power to them. (I realise COR hopping isn't necessary for a lot of us, nor Dia2>Light Shot - but for new groups, it is).

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Bare minimum for cor is all ja related gear(empy +2, relic+2 augmented, Luzaf)and a QD accuracy set, from there can improve on other things.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Scorp seemed to resist terror quite a bit but the rest of the NM its useful for.
    didnt resist once in both runs yesterday, however i do sport a m.acc set on Blu

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Bare minimum for cor is all ja related gear(empy +2, relic+2 augmented, Luzaf)and a QD accuracy set, from there can improve on other things.
    Also, never bust. Have snake eye so u can reliably lucky, keep ur healer SCH/ SMN rolled. Come /whm to help with -na/erase/haste. Ask/remember roll rotation; i really hate ehen its said 3 times and the other Cor sends me a tell as i enter the pt he just dropped; "i didnt roll what i was sposed to so figure it out on the fly or we both look like noobs," or something to that effect.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Cor needs jack shit really lol. Besides having rolls merits suffice (5/5 pr recast, 5/5 winning streak, 1 fold, 4 snake eye), but if you wanted to get cute af3+2 hands, Af2 head, Af2 body, /whm, a gun, a stack of light cards, and the spell dia are all you really need.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

COR can help speed up Mastop fight by using Last Stand... doesn't miss much with the skill on the weapons, and can do 4-5k+ damage each time depending on where his damage resistance is at. For Foret, they can also help with Requiescat on Krabakarpo. Neither of these is super critical, but doesn't hurt either (and if you're trying to cut to a more low-man setup, you want each person to be as efficient as possible).

Any Sam who's using Apex for Ceizak care to share their build for it? And in what battles you're using it for?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Re: AA sam. I don't see how this blows mura out of the water, it seems to be marginally better at best (2k~ shohas consistant 100 to 0 whereas AA does get a top end of 4-5k but bottoms out pretty low after penalties). Am I missing something here or is this purely for groups that don't have access to muras?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

And both are immensely inferior to BLU. Requiescat averages ~4-5k, spikes in the 6k range, and never gets reduced

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It seems to me like a no-mura alternative

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnoftle View Post
    Re: AA sam. I don't see how this blows mura out of the water, it seems to be marginally better at best (2k~ shohas consistant 100 to 0 whereas AA does get a top end of 4-5k but bottoms out pretty low after penalties). Am I missing something here or is this purely for groups that don't have access to muras?
    What like distance penalties cause I thought you could make up for that with more att/less def. And is that 4-5k counting the huge peircing weakness Muyingwa seems to have from what I've seen on here?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    It seems to me like a no-mura alternative
    Wouldn't it be the other way around? Mura being an expensive/time consuming downgrade for groups that can't be bothered to setup blu?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Wouldn't it be the other way around? Mura being an expensive/time consuming downgrade for groups that can't be bothered to setup blu?
    I'm inclined to believe this is specifically comparing no-mura SAM to apex sam, not no-mura SAM to other applicable jobs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Understandable, but it seems like they're both tremendous wastes of time when BLU needs so little to be a superior alternative

Granted, if you can be assed to skill the job and grab ~22 spells, you bring a fair amount of utility along with Requiescat's benefits

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

seeing people other than myself call BLU useful for something brings a god damn tear to my eye. Glorious.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Understandable, but it seems like they're both tremendous wastes of time when BLU needs so little to be a superior alternative

Granted, if you can be assed to skill the job and grab ~22 spells, you bring a fair amount of utility along with Requiescat's benefits
    I think most groups lack really good blus, the job cant just be abyssea burned, spell gathering takes shitton of time. however there are other jobs that can use requiescat too (but the weapon choice to them is a bit ass), neverthless they should be able to dish out decent requiescats, however none of them can condense so much offensive traits into one package when dualwielding (or single wielding).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I lead quite a lot of parses on my nearly perfect BLU, which should really only put a quick&dirty Abyssea BLU moderately behind your worst DD. They'll still more than fulfill their purpose, you just lose some utility here and there

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

i am one of those ppl. i dont have blu nor the time to lvl and skill it. and no mura so im relying on AA. my set is
    tsu
    tzacab
    spele r15 B
    arrows
    yao
    light gorget
    clearview
    vision
    mikinaak r15 A
    af3+2
    bellona
    hajduk
    terebellum
    light belt
    mikinaak r15 A
    whirlpool.

Puts me at 65racc +95agi +light belt/gorget + ws acc 10.
    With sushi. preludes. and hunters is racc ws going to bean issue?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    I lead quite a lot of parses on my nearly perfect BLU, which should really only put a quick&dirty Abyssea BLU moderately behind your worst DD. They'll still more than fulfill their purpose, you just lose some utility here and there
    i wish we had a decent offhand sword that would be on par with burma