+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 269 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Delve     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    What's the NM's name and what spawn item type did it ask for? I'm guessing Morimar uses the blue color Zaffre items?
    Volatile Matamata
    I'll get the PI afterwards, I wasn't the one that traded, was the T1 drop from Morimar Reive.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

can't wait to see the list of items you can purchase after defeating the NM's.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Used Alizarin yggrete shard III on myself and got 100 corpuscles of menace plasm. Got 3x shard III and 1 Rock to drop near the frontier station in about 10mins of killing stuff.
    Tier I rock gave 100 plasm as well, would imagine it's static then.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The shards and rocks show up on AH under Misc.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just popped Transcendent Scorpion southeast Ceizak with shard III.

INSANE stats. Accuracy was floored, or certainly well below 50%, on (very) well-geared DDs without buffs. He used the attack boost thing and I couldn't even dispel it (resisted dispel and every debuff except dia/bio, not the immune message, just flat-out resists with no immunobreak). Took him down 6% in about 5 minutes with a party. Hits very hard, Wild Rage takes everyone into orange or lower HP from full. We were just testing it out, of course, but yeah - these NMs are nothing to scoff at. Suggest bringing a (real) tank and at least one support buffer.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fighting Transcendant Scorpion right now, I-10 Ceizak. Spawned with Stone III. Retarded high HP, PDT, and evasion. Also, whenever it does a TP move other then Wild Rage, we get text saying "The spring has returned to your step." Got it down to 88% with 9 people after about 10 min, getting more to come out.

Wiped at 72%, got too unruley. Seems that the twith's near it link when we get the message about the spring in your step returning. Got 2 more PIs, gonna try again.

Edit: Attempt 2 got it to 46%. Below 50%, its evasion goes through the roof. Had a few DDs in as much acc as they could muster, Madrigals, Thf/Dnc sticking Quickstep, and sushi, and acc still wasn't worth a damn. Also begins using Earth Crusher TP move, at least a 50 yalm range, maybe more. Began using Hell Scissors somewhere between 50% and 75%, as well as Frost and Stasis Breath. Prior to 75%, it just uses Sharp Sting (giving you the spring in your step message) and Wild Rage. Unbuffed DD or with Zerk up eats 1k+ regular hits, Ochain Plds were reporting 600+ crits.

So much for pugging the field NMs lol. XD Unless this is just an outlier in the difficulty of them.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post

INSANE stats. Accuracy was floored, or certainly well below 50%, on (very) well-geared DDs without buffs. He used the attack boost thing and I couldn't even dispel it (resisted dispel and every debuff, not the immune message, just flat-out resists with no immunobreak). Took him down 6% in about 5 minutes with a party. Hits very hard, Wild Rage takes everyone into orange or lower HP from full. We were just testing it out, of course, but yeah - these NMs are nothing to scoff at. Suggest bringing a (real) tank and at least one support buffer.
    Our extremely well geared war, With Bravura, Aggressor, and +1 Sushi is parsing under 40% Accuracy.
    We've been at this Matamata for about 1.5hrs? and It's at 87%, (10 People)

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Turtle seems to shift dmg resistance based on TP move. After scalding breath it took normal physical dmg and reduced magic dmg, and after embalming earth it took reduced phys dmg and normal magic dmg (including Murasamemaru and Requiescat).

On BLU with Sole Sushi I'm not having horrible ACC issues and we have it at 88% after about 10 mins. Maybe we're fighting different ones.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post

INSANE stats. Accuracy was floored, or certainly well below 50%, on (very) well-geared DDs without buffs. He used the attack boost thing and I couldn't even dispel it (resisted dispel and every debuff except dia/bio, not the immune message, just flat-out resists with no immunobreak). Took him down 6% in about 5 minutes with a party. Hits very hard, Wild Rage takes everyone into orange or lower HP from full. We were just testing it out, of course, but yeah - these NMs are nothing to scoff at. Suggest bringing a (real) tank and at least one support buffer.
    Did this drop anything after you killed it?

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Are we back to pre-adjustment Sky fights now? Absurd outgoing damage and long fights?

Part of me is excited and the rest of me is disgusted

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If melee hit rate is shit and AoE attacks suck, use Black Mages, Rangers, and Paladins?

I have no intention of re-forming an 18-man LS to kill pop NMs though.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Either these rage or there's a fulcrum to evasions too. At about 77% its EVA skyrocketed and no one can hit it anymore. Theories:

Physical and Magical damage resistances change when it readies a TP move. It doesn't seem to be TP move dependent and it happens as soon as the charging begins, not when the TP move goes off.

Physical and Magical evasions change depending on some factor. Perhaps doing too much physical damage increases its physical evasion and doing magic damage switches it back. We had no issue attacking it whatsoever, and all of a sudden it floored our accuracy. The damage that it was doing was very tame and now it's increased substantially, almost 1500 per attack when it was doing under 300 before.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

matamata NM in morrimar (yiggrit shard I).

Takes damage varying w/r to position. damage on mnk vary from 50 to 1500 per hit (formless strikes).

Brought to 80% in 20 min.

Raged at 80% HP , it juste got impossoble to touch (floored hit rate) with 2x madrigal ( had capped accuracy up to that point), TP move back to back for 1k etc, mages got hate and wipe.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Either these rage or there's a fulcrum to evasions too. At about 77% its EVA skyrocketed and no one can hit it anymore. Theories:

Physical and Magical damage resistances change when it readies a TP move. It doesn't seem to be TP move dependent and it happens as soon as the charging begins, not when the TP move goes off.

Physical and Magical evasions change depending on some factor. Perhaps doing too much physical damage increases its physical evasion and doing magic damage switches it back. We had no issue attacking it whatsoever, and all of a sudden it floored our accuracy. The damage that it was doing was very tame and now it's increased substantially, almost 1500 per attack when it was doing under 300 before.
    Good to know, we are actually on the same NM, lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Alizarin yggrete shard IV gives 150 corposucle of menace plasm.

My guess: you got to eat dozen of those to "weaken" the NMs?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

3 Man Meteor... 99,999 Damage...
    6% Hp drop -.-

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Rofl

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dbheinec View Post
    Did this drop anything after you killed it?
    Came nowhere near killing it, died and HPed at that point. Our setup was stupid initially, so we're about to try it again with a much better one.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Shimmering Tarichuk - J-11 - Morimar - Shard III - Eft mob

Has high evasion, casts bindga, paralyga, blizzard V, blizzaga IV. Regular eft tp moves except toxic spit is replaced by something else which isn't really any worse except it does like 300-500 dmg plus poison.

Was an absolute joke until 64% at which point my main crashed and I spent 10mins trying to log back in due to congestion. By time I had logged back in it either raged or its stats had gone up, I had floored accuracy (on WS too) and was hitting for a less. Damage taken went from 200-300 to 400-600 after I logged back in and it wasn't reset by wiping to it re-engaging.

3boxing it DD SCH BRD

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Murasamemaru OP, it changes between taking extra physical damage, and extra magic damage, its evasion eventually shot up and became impossible to hit tho.