Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A lot of the people freaking out were doing so before Slycer translated. Before that it was only mentioned as walls no longer falling, not just the Naakual wall only. Plus coupled with what someone said about NQ mobs giving too many points (don't think a source was given though)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Dev note says they wont adjust bead drop rate, because "we’d appreciate if you would keep in mind that we designed this system to give [players who are under geared and dont have delve equipment] an opportunity".
    Such an easy answer, though: make the bead drop rate 100% when someone without the clear KI gets it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Except this new content is pretty much "perfect fight or bust" for an excellent group of 18 people. They're requesting groups to gimp people through, when theres no leeway in the fights, and if you want to fight the Naakual's in fracture, you have to fight the outside mobs over and over for their 5% bead drop rate.
    That's not true, have you even tried mob after gimmick were found ? I'm sure any group with 3 competent dd, brd(2song) cor and a decent enough whm+12 "subpar" player can down all NM gimmick have been found.

Was in the same run as Jim on the bee. Melee accuracy was 25-40% with two soul voiced madrigals from 99 ghorn bards, hunter's roll, and sushi. One of our 6 DD's disconnected, and another got cold-cocked by not utilizing PDT within the first 60 seconds of the fight, so essentially 3-4 hyperbuffed DD got it down to 78% in ~9 minutes of active fighting.

We killed the butterflies/wamoura before engaging (didn't use any beads ofc), and we are quite curious as to if certain NM's still being alive in the zone potentially gives the boss a unique buff. i.e. chapuli still being alive gives the bee a large evasion boost (which would fall in line with the chapuli's evasion bonus gimmick). Because honestly, having only 25-40% melee accuracy rating given double soul voiced madrigals, hunter's roll, sushi, and accuracy gear sets means one of three things in my mind:

1) The bee is simply supposed to have this level of melee evasion to discourage a full melee approach.
    2) Having any NM's alive in the zone while fighting the mega-boss will give the boss a buff based upon which NM(s) is/are still alive.
    3) There is some further gimmick to the bee itself to reduce its evasion.

We didn't have a full group of 18, but one of our members had the good sense to suggest going at some dry runs since we won't be able to freely access the bee after tomorrow.

If the level of evasion we observed is just innate, and isn't dispelled by the rest of the NM's in the zone being dead (or negated by using beads) or some gimmick, then the only other options seem to be adding the evasion down from geomancer, a two-thief feint rotation, and quick step ---- or just abandoning a full melee approach.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Don't know if its been mentioned, but Jagil in Foret takes extra damage to the element opposite of what it casts, and he goes in order. Has access to meteor, jas, ga 4s, etc.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Today dev note say that the boss are in "hyper mode" till all NM are killed or something like that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Man, I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get a clear lately (aside the fact that I don't contribute as much with some NMs due to their nature -- exuv, emetic, etc).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    Today dev note say that the boss are in "hyper mode" till all NM are killed or something like that.
    The whole note was poorly worded. The way I read that part was that waiting for the walls to fall lets the bosses rage. Like, there's a rage timer that starts as soon as the event begins and if you take too long to get at the boss then you've screwed yourself into fighting a rage boss.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    no it doesnt
    With that said, the NMs that appear inside Delve each have their own special traits. The concept of Delve is to think of a party setup that will make it easier to fight multiple NMs and the boss, and there is a good margin for strategy from person to person depending on how you would like to fight and what NMs you chose to avoid and defeat. This is also why we have the element of having at least three consecutive battles inside even if you use the maximum amount of Yggzi Beads.

Reason 2
    The second reason is that it's difficult to convey the method in which to take on a fracture with the objective of defeating the boss. Currently the boss room will open after a set amount of time has passed or if all of the NMs have been defeated. Unlocking the boss room after a set amount of time is similar to having the field NMs go into hyper mode, and this is causing the battle to become stagnant as you wait. Due to this, you are left with only a minimal amount of time to defeat the boss. We feel that having it so the boss would spawn after a set amount of time was making it difficult to convey the advantages of quickly eliminating the NMs along the way.

although, trying to find the above, i noticed something equally lulzy
    Preparation (Equipment)

The content level of Delve is set in stages:

Highest stage: Boss monster. The boss monsters are balanced for utilizing all available equipment aside from those dropped by the boss monsters.

Middle stage: IV and V shard NMs. These are balanced for utilizing augmented equipment obtained from shards I~III.

Lowest stage: I~III shard NMs. These are balanced for not requiring Delve equipment.
    So in order to successfully tackle IV/V shard NM's, I need gear from I/II/III shard NM's. Because my drg replacing http://wiki.bluegartr.com/images/thu...escription.png with http://wiki.bluegartr.com/images/thu...escription.png is supposed to start turning the tide from getting my shit pushed in to being able to beat this content.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm sure they meant with augments.

Doesnt make it any less retarded, i agree.

Question of my own:

First try at raptor went terribly, wiped at like 7% after raging it. What kind of setup did ppl have? we talking ghorn/daur brds and such?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also I've fought bee without touching the rest and yeah I was blocking it for 0 dmg so doubt it was hyper moded.

Also even full augmented, which would be rediculoous to actually get a whole set fully augmented especially just to get good enough to get NQ weapons and then repeat the process, doesn't add that much. I mean yeah it's nice but another 15 acc 10att/dex aint gunna all of a sudden make your 18 man allaince be able to kill something you couldn't

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

no it doesnt

although, trying to find the above, i noticed something equally lulzy

So in order to successfully tackle IV/V shard NM's, I need gear from I/II/III shard NM's. Because my drg replacing http://wiki.bluegartr.com/images/thu...escription.png with http://wiki.bluegartr.com/images/thu...escription.png is supposed to start turning the tide from getting my shit pushed in to being able to beat this content.
    Even with augments, you'd still need to upgrade a ton just to get the max for one item. Even then there isn't a huge gap such as a body piece having +100 att/acc so this thinking on their part is rather asinine.

This is starting to feel like CoP again with a small percentage with sea access and everyone else just having to start sucking less I guess lol.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    I'm sure they meant with augments.

Doesnt make it any less retarded, i agree.

Question of my own:

First try at raptor went terribly, wiped at like 7% after raging it. What kind of setup did ppl have? we talking ghorn/daur brds and such?
    I tanked it with Ochain for probably ~40% before our DDs caught up, then it just rotated around hitting people. Think we only had one BRD per party with no swapping, one has Ghorn, the other has a 90 Harp. Went down pretty smoothly. I don't remember there being any trick to it. Had a bunch of DDs (a few Ragnarok Knights) and a few BLMs/SCHs as well.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yeah we had reasonable DDs (were your guys using -DT sets? cause i dont think all of ours did.) I think we just got unlucky with the wipe, but not killing it before it rages was what i was mainly concerned with.

When fully upgraded, the Mikinaak gauntlets actually have STR+10, VIT+7, INT+13, MND+13, Attack+28, Accuracy+10, Haste+4% (on path A), so I guess SE's point would more-so be that you need to actually grind the shit out of delve to get "proper" gear.

Just give it a couple of months at least. The level of QQ/rage when voidwatch came out was pretty similar. It had been so long since anyone had participated in any event as a group that people had forgotten how to do anything aside from push ALT+1.

On this recurring topic of delve difficulty though, we seem to have a bunch of players coming back for the expansion who haven't played at all for at least a year or two, and are outright shit-the-bed shocked that they can't just get right into the new content and steamroll it without things like daurdabla/99 mythics/relics/emps. People complained that abyssea ruined the game and was too easy, and people complain that the new content is too hard with it not even being out for a month because their auction house great sword and full time AF3+2 doesn't quite make the cut -- it's no wonder so many people seem to be so dysfunctional in their real lives when they seem to be able to grasp nothing short of instant gratification in a simple-ass video game.

If you are having serious complications with delve, one contributing factor is that you probably haven't dedicated enough time to older, easier content.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Wardeniii View Post
    When fully upgraded, the Mikinaak gauntlets actually have STR+10, VIT+7, INT+13, MND+13, Attack+28, Accuracy+10, Haste+4% (on path A), so I guess SE's point would more-so be that you need to actually grind the shit out of delve to get "proper" gear.

Just give it a couple of months at least. The level of QQ/rage when voidwatch came out was pretty similar. It had been so long since anyone had participated in any event as a group that people had forgotten how to do anything aside from push ALT+1.

On this recurring topic of delve difficulty though, we seem to have a bunch of players coming back for the expansion who haven't played at all for at least a year or two, and are outright shit-the-bed shocked that they can't just get right into the new content and steamroll it without things like daurdabla/99 mythics/relics/emps. People complained that abyssea ruined the game and was too easy, and people complain that the new content is too hard with it not even being out for a month because their auction house great sword and full time AF3+2 doesn't quite make the cut -- it's no wonder so many people seem to be so dysfunctional in their real lives when they seem to be able to grasp nothing short of instant gratification in a simple-ass video game.

If you are having serious complications with delve, one contributing factor is that you probably haven't dedicated enough time to older, easier content.
    So what you're saying is I should completely stop trying delve -- dedicate what little time I have to strictly making a Mandau (or insert relic for example here), leveling it to 99, soloing NNI (because nobody does that anymore unless they're static w/ friends), doing VW for more gear (which is iffy at best, because not every server bothers doing it still -- Siren doesn't), spamming Salvage II for Skadi (or Usu, or Marduk) +1, so that THEN I can enter delve?

By jove! The man's got it!
    Why didn't I think of that?

That said, I've got what gear I can afford to have EXCEPT for NNI and Salvage, I think I'm at the point I'm supposed to be as a non-R/M/E THF with regular gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Wardeniii View Post
    Or enough of the other 17 people haven't...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    So what you're saying is I should completely stop trying delve -- dedicate what little time I have to strictly making a Mandau (or insert relic for example here), leveling it to 99, soloing NNI (because nobody does that anymore unless they're static w/ friends), doing VW for more gear (which is iffy at best, because not every server bothers doing it still -- Siren doesn't), spamming Salvage II for Skadi (or Usu, or Marduk) +1, so that THEN I can enter delve?

By jove! The man's got it!
    Why didn't I think of that?

That said, I've got what gear I can afford to have EXCEPT for NNI and Salvage, I think I'm at the point I'm supposed to be as a non-R/M/E THF with regular gear.
    I'm with this guy. Getting NNI/Salv2/VW done is almost impossible anymore. Nobody ever does it, or at least on the times that I sign into the game. R/E/Ms are not worth it when there are AHable weapons that can get the job done until you get a Skirmish/Delve drop.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Or enough of the other 17 people haven't...
    That of course is also a contributing factor.

I just think there are quite a few people who think that they can buy a weapon off of the auction house, get full af3+2, and are then capable of taking on anything in thing game.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Like, I'm not against the idea of doing that content -- in fact, I enjoy farming dyna on occasion, but I lack a group for NNI or Salvage II. Would that situation be different, then sure, I would make an effort for them. As it stands however, I don't think I'll be doing that.