Thread: Delve     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Wardeniii View Post
    When fully upgraded, the Mikinaak gauntlets actually have STR+10, VIT+7, INT+13, MND+13, Attack+28, Accuracy+10, Haste+4% (on path A), so I guess SE's point would more-so be that you need to actually grind the shit out of delve to get "proper" gear.
    So, in SEs partially twisted words, if you cant beat IV/V shard NMs, its cause you have to grind out (presuming youre gettin everything from plasm) close to 15 mil plasm (approx 3 mil per armor piece to buy and max upgrade it), just to be "aptly geared" for the IV/V fights?

Thats a lil ridic...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Wardeniii View Post
    That of course is also a contributing factor.

I just think there are quite a few people who think that they can buy a weapon off of the auction house, get full af3+2, and are then capable of taking on anything in thing game.
    While I agree that full AF3+2 and an AH weapon doesn't cut it, there are sets without Salv2/NNI that do. Here's my MNK TP set for example:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/268970

(Miodio + AF3+2 feet might be marginally better, but fuck spending 4M for margins)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    So, in SEs partially twisted words, if you cant beat IV/V shard NMs, its cause you have to grind out (presuming youre gettin everything from plasm) close to 15 mil plasm (approx 3 mil per armor piece to buy and max upgrade it), just to be "aptly geared" for the IV/V fights?

Thats a lil ridic...
    How else does a limited sized team like they have stall for time for making new content lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nishida View Post
    While I agree that full AF3+2 and an AH weapon doesn't cut it, there are sets without Salv2/NNI that do. Here's my MNK TP set for example:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/268970

(Miodio + AF3+2 feet might be marginally better, but fuck spending 4M for margins)
    And a gear set like that is why people are failing at delve. I know its annoying, but everyone else who has NNI gear tolerated it and I know people who are still managing to get NNI gear even though that content isn't in its prime anymore. The event has even been nerfed such that you can just beat floor 80 five times for a piece of thaumas, along with mob strength being reduced.

This is really doing nothing but prove my point though; not every single piece of content is designed to be available to the entire playerbase, and SE has made this clear about delve in multiple posts. You can either continue to complain about it, or take that time to try and enjoy obtaining some better gear from other events, or just stop stressing over it all and go outdoors.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Salv2/NNI are fun. Getting people to do them is not fun. That is more the point. This has nothing to do with difficulty of the event or disliking doing them. It has everything to do with having too difficult of a time getting people to go with you. At least that's how it is for me. Abyssea killed endgame shells, and now people have to be more reliant on shouts, etc to get anything done. It sucks for a game this old..:\

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Don't know if its been mentioned, but Jagil in Foret takes extra damage to the element opposite of what it casts, and he goes in order. Has access to meteor, jas, ga 4s, etc.
    This leads me to believe that there are several gimmicks to each NM. One to reduce DT(and possibly eva) another to increase the damage dealt. Jagil and Craklaw would be a small example, but they take extra damage by specific means.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Nishida View Post
    Salv2/NNI are fun. Getting people to do them is not fun. That is more the point. This has nothing to do with difficulty of the event or disliking doing them. It has everything to do with having too difficult of a time getting people to go with you. At least that's how it is for me. Abyssea killed endgame shells, and now people have to be more reliant on shouts, etc to get anything done. It sucks for a game this old..:\
    Not necessarily. Endgame shells just needed to adapt. HNM camping is dead, true, but in it's place is/was new content that SE considered difficult. Delve right now is difficult, but I'm fairly sure there's a handful of shells on each server entering Delve fractures on a daily basis, killing multiple NMs and walking away with some choice gear/airlixirs/plasm. As for getting baseline gear to be able to be efficient, such as NNI, there's PLENTY of people still walking around in Perle that I see on a daily basis, that would jump at the chance to grind out Floor 80 wins. Its not hard.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

If there's multiple gimmicks I'm hoping there's a way to safely WS to Chapuli because killing that thing is annoying.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

I think honestly if you are a "dd class" and you aren't the best geared, you should do yourself and everyone around you a favor and just level a support job or a healing job that has less difficulties in getting "acceptable gear".

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Rhealana View Post
    Not necessarily. Endgame shells just needed to adapt. HNM camping is dead, true, but in it's place is/was new content that SE considered difficult. Delve right now is difficult, but I'm fairly sure there's a handful of shells on each server entering Delve fractures on a daily basis, killing multiple NMs and walking away with some choice gear/airlixirs/plasm. As for getting baseline gear to be able to be efficient, such as NNI, there's PLENTY of people still walking around in Perle that I see on a daily basis, that would jump at the chance to grind out Floor 80 wins. Its not hard.
    Playing with Perle players for NNI gear is kind of the problem though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobsonofgod View Post
    I think honestly if you are a "dd class" and you aren't the best geared, you should do yourself and everyone around you a favor and just level a support job or a healing job that has less difficulties in getting "acceptable gear".
    Pretty much. Hasn't this been the structure for the game since...2003? When I started this character in 2008, I knew I'd have to level BRD or something else to do events because my up-and-coming WAR didn't have Byakko's Haidate, Ridill, etc. People leveled new jobs for Abyssea, then again for NNI/Salvage2.

I didn't want to get left behind so I got in on the ground floor with Delve, day 1, and was able to keep up with or outperform terrible R/E/M players in plasm-farming until the point where I could buy the Delve gear. I got the KIs with a lot of help from friends, but NA shouts will only become more common over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Playing with Perle players for NNI gear is kind of the problem though.
    It's definitely a lot of work to form your own NNI group, and if someone wants to be successful s/he can't really just take any random; people have to be held to actual standards.

Campaign
    BG Level

So help me understad, if you've been unlucky and couldn't get the KIs yet.
    To get the T4-5 kills INSIDE a fracture, you can't wait for the wall to open anymore, which means to fight, say, Tax'et you'd need to kill Scorpion + Butterfly + Chapuli?
    Otherwise your other chance is to get a T4-5 pop item and use it on the ??? and kill it within 20 minutes, right? Which is not going to happen with a standard PUG.

Please correct me if I got it wrong.
    Supposing I didn't, I'm "glad" about this new change, sounds like the system will be much better. The only thing that annoys me beyond every possible human describable level is that, as usual, there are a bunch of players who got "lucky", and of course made use of SE's weak points of their system and they already have all KIs, while everybody else is basically now fucked and will be for a long time.
    Same thing for who already managed to farm insane amount of Plasm.
    I hate these "unfair" things toward the player base. In another game you'd get a rollback for stuff like this, and the company would have acted much sooner, like 1-2 days after.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Lucky? Anyone with half a brain could get the KI by forming a proper pickup group. The NMs are not difficult with the known gimmicks. Fairly sure only the boss room is locked off though.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Anyone with half a brain could get the KI
    I ask for your forgiveness sir for being 0/5 on Tax'et and 0/2 on the Gnat.
    And let's not count the amount of fucked up Plasm farming runs I had to go through.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    So help me understad, if you've been unlucky and couldn't get the KIs yet.
    To get the T4-5 kills INSIDE a fracture, you can't wait for the wall to open anymore, which means to fight, say, Tax'et you'd need to kill Scorpion + Butterfly + Chapuli?
    Otherwise your other chance is to get a T4-5 pop item and use it on the ??? and kill it within 20 minutes, right? Which is not going to happen with a standard PUG.

Please correct me if I got it wrong.
    Supposing I didn't, I'm "glad" about this new change, sounds like the system will be much better. The only thing that annoys me beyond every possible human describable level is that, as usual, there are a bunch of players who got "lucky", and of course made use of SE's weak points of their system and they already have all KIs, while everybody else is basically now fucked and will be for a long time.
    Same thing for who already managed to farm insane amount of Plasm.
    I hate these "unfair" things toward the player base. In another game you'd get a rollback for stuff like this, and the company would have acted much sooner, like 1-2 days after.
    I am on Odin and got all KIs with a /shout PUG group, you just have to shout for the right member, the group only invited DDs with good gear r/e/m/delve 99 weapons and I got all my KIs in a /shout group

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

or just ask a good shell to sell you a slot in the ally for KI since that will be the new merc idea soon

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I think the problem is by now plenty of people who really had no business in Delves have been able to reap the rewards. Why do some "bads" (myself included) deserve free D200 weapons just because they zombied the fights last week?

Closing this door now just seems like a bad idea and I think they should've applied the timeouts to the future Delves, not to the existing ones. The pool of players that need the KIs will be a lot smaller after tomorrow, so it feels like people who didn't do this last week are screwed.

That aside, if you frequent these forums and you were playing last week you should have at least 2/3 weapon KIs, or you simply didn't try hard enough. Barring 2-3 people, I play exclusively with returning players (we don't have a single 99 weapon amongst us and although we have NNI/salv+1 gear, our only "notable" weapons are a handful of 90 empyreans and 2 95 relics) and we have the wamoura and peiste KIs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    First try at raptor went terribly, wiped at like 7% after raging it. What kind of setup did ppl have? we talking ghorn/daur brds and such?
    I tried it outside and inside. It dies in slightly more than 10 mn outside with 3 MNK/WAR, in 15 mn inside the fracture with 2 MNK/WAR. Buffs are nothing hyer buffed (marchx2 madx2 sushi). The MNK have the skirmish weapon / nakual weapon though.

Should take no more than3-4 minute with a full alliance. Idk if there is a gimmick, but he does hit like a truck for the first few seconds of the fight (700/hit), but quickly starts hitting normally after some damage has been done. Ididn't notice any special damage reduction.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I ask for your forgiveness sir for being 0/5 on Tax'et and 0/2 on the Gnat.
    And let's not count the amount of fucked up Plasm farming runs I had to go through.
    Seconded.

I did a farming run with Cream Soda the other day and ended up with a dipshit Whm that couldn't cure for shit.

As for KI farming outside, the Tax'et I joined resulted in an 11k exp loss and no KI by the time we gave up. I've heard similar stories from friends as well, so its not like its uncommon.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I got all KIs with my shell, the NMs arent hard if you apply to the gimmick, granted we sometimes wiped the 1. try (hello mayhem lantern) we adjusted properly by getting 2-3 people change to key jobs that were needed for the fight. The fight itself arent pushovers by any mean, follow the gimmick ----> kill. Of course if your frontline sucks on some NMs its bad, but some NMs require also excellent backline support. Ergo stop sucking.
    And if you have to go with a PUG try to fill at least half+ of the ally with friends that know what the fuck they are doing.