Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 269 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Delve     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Delve

So with Delve, we first have to obtain a Yggrete Shard which is dropped from enemies within an area (hopefully mob pools and not soul pyres) and reives.

The Yggrete Shard is then turned into Yantric Planchette Key Item. At this point you can enter the fracture and battle 5 NM's, or you can get another Yggrete Shard and draw 3 NM's from the fracture, fight them, get a chance at pieces of loot and Airlixir, and beads which are traded to the fracture with the Yantric KI to prevent 3 NM's from popping in the fracture.

This has a lot of potential especially with the idea that you can buy gear with Mweya plasm.

Info on Delve along with NM's can be found here: http://bg-wiki.net/bg/Category:Delve

Strategies

Morimar Basalt Fields NM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Volatile Matamata (Tier I)

Changes weakness every time a TP moved is charged (will still change modes even if stunned).

Pattern:

- Resistant to Melee, weak to Magic
    - Resistant to Magic, weak to Melee

Below 30% the resistances and weaknesses are enhanced?(needs verification)

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5700245

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perdurable Raptor (Tier II)

Regarded as a fairly easy NM. Can be killed with 6 players. NM uses a move called Whirling Inferno that gives AoE ST20 status for a short period of time.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5700577

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shimmering Tarichuk (Tier III)

Casts Ice line of black magic spells
    TP Tarucktoxin (sp?) inflicts poison aura of 15 hp/tic

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5702805

Tutewehiwehi (Tier IV)

Uses standard Peiste moves. Casts Diaga II-III, Holy I-II, and Thunder line of offensive Black Magic. Starts off with lower tiers and gains higher ones as its HP gets low. Recommended setup of DD/THF with Rangers/Cors
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5702120

Kurma (Tier V)

Takes extra damage from magic attacks during a short window which appears to be from the time it is charging a TP move until a few moments after the TP move goes off
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5703644

Delve Achuka (Mega Boss)

Ceizak Battlegrounds NM

Unfettered Twitherym (Tier I)

Gains massive -DT at around 49% HP and once again below 30%. Use skillchain (and magic burst?) to break the -DT

Supernal Chapuli (Tier II)

Don't WS the NM, just auto attack
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5704877

Transcendent Scorpion (Tier III)

Keeping a debuff on the NM causes all AoE TP moves to do 0 damage. When you see the message "The spring has returned to your step" it means that the debuff has been removed and it needs to be reapplied.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5698388

Mastop (Tier IV)

Keeping enfeebles on the Gnat (preferably Dia - credit Davsa) to prevent/remove -DT. BLU/THF seems to shine here with high spike damage from SA Vanity Dive
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5703594

Tax'et (Tier V)

Starts off with very high -DT which can be removed via forcing it to use Exuviation by placing enfeebles on it. Roughly 20 Exuviations are required to completely remove the -DT
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5703239

Delve Colkhab (Mega Boss)

Foret de Hennetiel

Faded Craklaw (Tier I)

Only takes damage from one or two directions (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW) which changes randomly during the fight
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5703525

Mweya Plasm Farming

Ceizak Fracture

Taken from Zephr's post here http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115...=1#post5702851

Holding party:
    PLDx3
    RDMorSCH
    WHM
    THF

2 DD parties:
    DDx3(one of the 6 was a THF for TH in both camps)
    BRDx2
    SCH

We split the two DD parties, one stays at the first large room you enter (it's a bit in), the other goes to the east and camps in "Scorpion room" (we call it this because the scorp was here on first run). The hallway that is inbetween the camps is used as a holding pad for the PLDs that each take an NM (Twitherym, Scorpion, Chapuli) and just hold it for the 45 minutes basically, with RDMorSCH and WHM for help if needed. First camp BRDs will pull from all west rooms while the Scorpion room BRDs will pull from the east and north (when it opens at around 15 minutes inside - take care of mothra and gnat NM that may spawn in this big room north of camp, though there are lots of mobs). Sushi, Madrigalx2, Marchx2 (extra songs Minuet, but as a pickup I don't count on BRDs even having 3 songs). Have the DDs go nuts, THF Feint every time it's up. SCHs are there for Accession+Perpetuation+RegenV, but WHM worked well on first few runs. 5000~5200 plasm per run.

I know this is going to get laughed at in a few days when we figure out how to make 20k points per run, but this is viable for now.

Observation: In 2 of the runs we had an instance of 100 plasm for one kill. We tried to replicate the killing conditions (Distortion SC damage killed a 100P Beetle, no idea on the other) but to no avail.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

New hard content. Finally!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Soooooo, it sounds to me like the ultimate goal of a Delve is to kill all the NMs and boss but your time is limited both literally and by the fact that the area will open up and send the other NM(s) after you?

And so for your first initial Delves you won't have enough time to finish all 5 NMs and boss but you may get a bead that will grant you time OUTSIDE the timed instance. So gradually as you get the beads from farming Delve you can eventually be able to kill up to 3 NMs outside and have enough time to kill the boss inside.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Delve

Post any info related to the Delve system, items you find to access Delve, etc.

Official Forum info explaining the system: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/32988-Delve

BG-Wiki Delve page (under construction as new info emerges): https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Delve

The person who initiates the Delve (not necessary for everyone in the party) has to have cleared a Naakul fight. The Delve NPC won't even say more than a few lines to you if you haven't cleared a Naakul fight. If the leader has cleared a Naakul before then they must obtain one of the three types of Yggrete Rocks. Trading the Yggrete Rock to the Anomoly Expert NPC will reward you with a Yantric Planchette key-item which is used/consumed when the leader enters the Fracture instance.

The NPC says this in general:
    "You see where I'm going with this, or do I have to carrrve it into your flesh? First the stone. Then the planchette. Then the fracture. Then the treasure. Is that comprehensible enough?≺Prompt≻"

Anomoly Expert mannequin NPC full dialogue:

Spoiler: show
    Code:
    Ah yes, who can forget the smell of Eastern Ulbuka. Fetid jungles, noxious rrrivers, and sulfurous magma. It's enough to bring a tear to the eye.≺Prompt≻

But you know what gets me even more excited? Tiny caves filled with trrreasure dotting the landscape!≺Prompt≻

Gee, you know what would be positively wonderrrful? If some strong pioneer were to go down there and beat up the monsters guarding it! You wouldn't happen to know any, would you?≺Prompt≻

Oh, what's this now? You're a pioneerrr? I had expected someone with a bit more...panache.
    Still, while you're here, mind smashing some skulls?≺Prompt≻

But wait--those arrrms of your are like twigs! <Sigh> Waiting for the right ≺Multiple Choice (Player Gender)≻[man/woman] to come around is such a pain...≺Prompt≻

Why, yes, a specimen such as yourself will do purrfectly! Caught like a mouse, you are!≺Prompt≻

Just let me work a little hocus-pocus and...there! Now you're ready to go delving for trrreasure!
    Right? I'm not going to let you turn back!≺Prompt≻

Ready for some spelunking?
    ≺Selection Dialog≻My gear's as good as on!
    Caves, eew...≺Prompt≻

Wh-what? This is trrreasure we're talking about here! Riches abound! Woo the ≺Multiple Choice (Player Gender)≻[woman/man] of your dreams...or the ≺Multiple Choice (Player Gender)≻[man/woman] of your dreams, if you're into that! Not that I care about you people either way.≺Prompt≻

Wow, you might be dependable after all! There's no need to ink our deal on parchment--I've already collected a hair sample in case I need to curse you for betraying me.
    Here's how it works: I discover the probable location of a treasure, and you go out and find it for me. Wrap your pea brain around that one.≺Prompt≻

You must be brrrimming with questions. I suppose even the simplest of explanations would confound you, but...bah. Just ask away.≺Prompt≻

What will you ask of her?
    ≺Selection Dialog≻Explain the whole shebang.
    Yantric planchette defusion.
    Receive rewards.
    Nothing at this time.≺Prompt≻

“The whole shebang”? <Sigh> I've had to explain this so many times, I had all the answers engrrraved on pieces of leather!≺Prompt≻

The following topics are inscribed on the vellum.≺Prompt≻

Learn about which topic?
    ≺Selection Dialog≻Treasures.
    Fractures.
    Mweya plasm.
    Yantric planchettes.
    Yggrete.
    Yggrete shards.
    Yggzi beads.
    Not interested at the moment.≺Prompt≻

Let me get a look at your...what? You don't have a yantric planchette!? Well, then, get crrracking! Find me some yggrete before I kick your butt back to Jeuno!≺Prompt≻

You've got a yantrrric planchette, but...what's this? It has no yggzi beads? Bah, I didn't think someone could be this useless until I met you.≺Prompt≻

Let's prrroceed!≺Prompt≻

Examine which item?
    ≺Selection Dialog≻≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.
    ≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3a≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.
    ≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3b≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.
    Never mind.≺Prompt≻

≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻. That'll do, adventurerrr. That'll do.≺Prompt≻

And what shall we do with this, hmm?≺Possible Special Code: 00≻

What now?
    ≺Selection Dialog≻Check the ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.
    Remove yggzi beads.
    Do nothing.≺Prompt≻

Let me get a good look. 
    Why, this is just a normal ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻! No yggzi beads, nothing!≺Prompt≻

I've got a cat's eye for this sort of thing. Just let me...≺Prompt≻

≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻ ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻$≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.≺Prompt≻

Yup, that's it. ≺Numeric Parameter 0≻ of 'em, too!≺Prompt≻

Stand back beforrre you get hurt, young cub, and let ≺Speaker Name≻ work her magic!≺Prompt≻

Remove which?
    ≺Selection Dialog≻≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.
    ≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#a≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.
    ≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#b≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.
    ≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#c≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.
    ≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#d≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.
    None.≺Prompt≻

Sure you want to rrremove that ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻? If you back out after I do it...things are going to end badly.≺Possible Special Code: 00≻

Are you sure?
    ≺Selection Dialog≻Positive.
    Wait, I need time to think...≺Prompt≻

Hmph. I'll forrrgive you for wasting my time--just this once.≺Prompt≻

Hah! Easy as pie.≺Possible Special Code: 00≻

≺Speaker Name≻ removed the ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻.≺Possible Special Code: 00≻

Need to make any other adjustments?≺Prompt≻

There's nothing for me to tinkerrr with here.≺Prompt≻

Oh? Looks like your sack is full. Come back once you've emptied it out.≺Multiple Choice (Player Gender)≻[ As much as I'd like to do it for you, I shouldn't touch something so purrrsonal without permission./]≺Prompt≻

Of courrrse, what good is an adventurer without ≺Multiple Choice (Player Gender)≻[his/her] spoils? Too bad for you, sweet cheeks, that you might not be interested in what I'm looking for.≺Prompt≻

You might think me a bit rrrough around the edges, but I assure you that I am an academic of the highest caliber. I would claw someone's eyes out to get ahold of what's down in those caves!≺Prompt≻

...But monsters aren't my forrrte. Here's the deal. You go bash their faces in and bring me back what they're guarding. Anything the monsters have in their possession is yours. I couldn't care less.≺Prompt≻

And if you find anything out of the orrrdinary, you'd better bring it to me or I'll hunt you down. Yes, find a total of ≺Numeric Parameter 0≻ of what I need and I'll throw in something else to sweeten the pot.≺Prompt≻

Have you got lint in your earrrs? A fracture is a fracture! You know, a mystical underground cave. They've got to have them back where you come from--or are you really that oblivious? As to the details...well, these are untamed wilds, after all. Expect the unexpected.≺Prompt≻

That's why I'm licking my lips at the thought of finding arrrcane knowledge! Yes, think of the pow... <Cough, cough> What I mean to say is...≺Prompt≻

Even finding these fractures is a burrrden. You catch a glimpse of rocky entrance, only to see it fade into mist. Yes, the treasures are always a paw ahead. Never more, never less.≺Prompt≻

To be frrrank with you, I don't understand it either. What I do know is that you need a yantric planchette to even have a prayer of finding the real entrance.≺Prompt≻

These yantric planchettes don't make themselves, my pet. They're crrrafted from only the finest yggrete--and no one can fashion them but me.≺Prompt≻

You see where I'm going with this, or do I have to carrrve it into your flesh? First the stone. Then the planchette. Then the fracture. Then the treasure. Is that comprehensible enough?≺Prompt≻

Yes...do this and all the plunderrr will be ripe for the plucking. Hunting fish in a barrel...unless the creatures lurking below get to you first.≺Prompt≻

Mweya plasm is a substance of grrreat power found coating the scales and flesh of fiends within the caves.≺Prompt≻

Its white sheen and and otherworldly lustre...hmm...
    <Cough> Hmph! Either way I have no use for it. Strange as the untamed wilds, it's well sought after by the Inventors' Coalition.≺Prompt≻

I'm usually not one to be concerned about the prrractical implications of such things, but think of the possibilities!
    ≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 36) 2≻I said think, damn you!
    <Sigh> I'm sure those inventors back in Western Adoulin will trade you trinkets for even just a drop of the stuff.≺Prompt≻

I'm more than just sharp claws and a prrretty face--I'm also the only one who can make yantric planchettes! That's why I'm here!≺Prompt≻

You're completely useless unless you trade me yggrrrete so I can make one.≺Prompt≻

Why? <Scowl> Because you can't find the caves' entrrrances and step inside without one!≺Prompt≻

<Sigh>≺Prompt≻

Stop looking at me like that. No, I don't know why it worrrks that way, okay? That's why I've got to study these things!≺Prompt≻

Oh, and another thing, tenderpaws--once you've used a yantric planchette, it crrrumbles into dust and becomes completely useless.≺Prompt≻

Of course, it goes without saying that the yggrete becomes totally useless, too. And before you ask--no, I won't give a damn if you come back to me crrrying and bawling. I'll just laugh in your face.≺Prompt≻

Yggrete are petrified pieces of wood from a tree said to contain mystical powerrrs. But they're hard as rock--just like your head, evidently--so you can think of them as stones.≺Prompt≻

They come in many colors depending on the latent energies within. It's those enerrrgies I need to make a yantric planchette.≺Prompt≻

The color of the yggrete deterrrmines what entrance it leads to. See how nice I am, spending all my time to supply you with this imporrrtant information?≺Prompt≻

“Why are they called yggrete?” Really?
    <Sigh> There's no helping some people. Suffice to say, it's one of nature's grrreatest mysteries.≺Prompt≻

So if you come across any yggrete, just trrrade them to me so I can make you a yantric planchette. With that, you can go bash some brains in to help me find what I need! I trust you can do that much.≺Prompt≻

So, you want to know what yggrete shards are? Someone really needs to slap some sense into you--might as well be me. They're...sharrrds of yggrete.≺Prompt≻

I shouldn't fault you too much, though, because they aren't used in the same way. No, these are used to call monsterrrs to you.≺Prompt≻

They can also be condensed into mweya plasm...if you desirrre.≺Prompt≻

Use them once and they become inert and sterrrile, just like...never mind. Don't be an idiot by using them when you don't mean to.≺Prompt≻

Yggzi beads are another forrrm of yggrete. You know, magic and all.≺Prompt≻

By infusing a yantric planchette with these mystic beads, you can prevent certain monsters from approaching you--now, if only they could stop idiots from apprrroaching me.≺Prompt≻

Each yantric planchette can be infused with up to three yggzi beads. Might as well try them for yourself, no?≺Prompt≻

Having all this talent is tough enough--I don't need to be doing other people's dirrrty work, too.≺Prompt≻

They can also be turned into mweya plasm just like yggrete shards. A plebian like you doesn't need any of that, though.≺Prompt≻

So you brrrought me ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻ ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻$≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻? And I was about to pounce on you for wasting my time. Let me get a good look...≺Prompt≻

Perfect! Easy as unrrraveling a ball of yarn.≺Prompt≻

Here you go--your very own ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻. Purrrfect for finding those fractures.≺Prompt≻

You've already got ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻6≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻? So you were wasting my time! Get out of my sight, and be thankful I'm rrreturning this stone to you at all!≺Possible Special Code: 00≻

What's this now? You want me to attach your≺Possible Special Code: 00≻

- ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺Possible Special Code: 00≻

right? Let me just scratch a couple etchings in here and...≺Prompt≻

Grrraaaaaah!≺Prompt≻

I was grrracious enough to attach the following to your ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻:≺Possible Special Code: 00≻

-≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻#≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺Possible Special Code: 00≻

That should be it for now.≺Prompt≻

What? Do I have some catnip on my face?≺Prompt≻

Anyway, herrre you go.≺Prompt≻

Maybe I shouldn't get so frrrustrated at you for this, but I can't put multiple stones of the same type onto one yantric planchette. The energies would cancel each other out.≺Prompt≻

Have you got brrricks for brains? Only a total of ≺Numeric Parameter 0≻ bead≺Singular/Plural Choice (Parameter 0)≻[/s] can be placed in a yantric planchette!≺Prompt≻

You can't be serious... ≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻6≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻? H-how could a nitwit such as you possibly have...?≺Prompt≻

I must say that you've surrrpassed my expectations. A nicer person might congrrratulate you.≺Prompt≻

You're “worthy” of the moniker “adventurerrr”...or was it “pioneer” now?≺Prompt≻

If you're feeling lucky, you can try your hand at one of the other fractures. If you did it once, then you might even be able to do it again...against all my expectations.≺Prompt≻

(Yes, yes...with such command of the aetherrr, ≺Multiple Choice (Player Gender)≻[he/she]...)≺Prompt≻

H-huh? Those fractures must be wreaking havoc on your ears. I didn't say a damned thing, and I'll rrrake your face if you say otherwise!≺Prompt≻

Look who came crrrawling back in fail... What!? ≺Unknown Parameter (Type: 80) 1≻≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻6≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻!? You did it again!?≺Prompt≻

How could you possibly have accomplished such a feat, what with those chicken bones you call legs?≺Prompt≻

And if that weren't eye-popping enough, those inventorrr folk came barreling over here talking about new items they've discovered in exchange for mweya plasm. Like I care about such things!≺Prompt≻

You must be drrripping with the stuff by now, so pay them a visit before they come back to assault my ears with their meaningless drivel.≺Prompt≻

You've come this far--fancy yourself up to the challenge of explorrring the third cave for me, or are you going to moblin your way out of it?≺Prompt≻

Enough pawing around! Get off your haunches and... Huh? You actually got ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻6≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻!? Unbelievable!≺Prompt≻

I chalked the first two times up to serendipity, but to have done it again... Yes, my rrresearch will advance by leaps and bounds!≺Prompt≻

At first I thought you were so wet behind the earrrs that I could water my plants with your face, but this is something else. You've somehow managed to acquire all three treasures!≺Prompt≻

I suppose I owe you something--a leftoverrr from my machinations. I have no need of it.≺Prompt≻

Did I say “machinations”? No, I don't believe I did, and I'll rrrake your face if you say otherwise!≺Prompt≻

Let's just reach in the bag and see what it is...≺Prompt≻

Yes, isn't this just amazing?≺Prompt≻

You've prrroven far more useful than I imagined. If you bring me three more treasures I'm sure I can find something else to give you. Just be quicker on the uptake next time!≺Prompt≻

Menace Hunt debug menu.
    ≺Selection Dialog≻Leave menu.
    Change progress.≺Prompt≻

Change progress?
    ≺Selection Dialog≻Return to start.
    Prerequisites not met.
    Prerequisites met.
    Never been to fractures.
    Been to fractures.
    Cleared fracture one.
    Cleared fracture two.
    Cleared fracture three.≺Prompt≻

Progress set to ≺Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)≻[Prerequisites not met./Prerequisites met./Never been to fractures./Been to fracture./Cleared fracture one./Cleared fracture two./Cleared fracture three.]≺Prompt≻
    ≺Possible Special Code: 00≻

Basically to get the items to enter a Delve looks like it requires going out and getting drops from regular mobs, or doing Reives.

Player compiled info from thread:

- Items Used for the Delve System -
    The various Yggrete Shards, Rocks, and Beads seem to drop from regular mobs as well as Reives located in Ceizak, Foret and Morimar. (unconfirmed exactly which types of those may or may not drop where/how)

- Field NM Spawn locations -
    Ceizak Battlegrounds

NM#1: J-7, spawns Unfettered Twitherym, using Celadon Shard I, drops Inquisitor Bead Necklace
    NM#2: J-9, spawns Supernal Chapuli, using Celadon Shard II
    NM#3: I-10 spawns Transcendent Scorpion, using Celadon Shard III
    NM#4: G-8, spawns Mastop, using Celadon Shard IV
    NM#5: G-10, spawns Tax'et, using Celadon Shard V

Foret de Hennetiel

NM#1: pos???, spawns Faded Craklaw, using Zaffre Shard I
    NM#2: J-7/8, spawns Aberrant Uragnite, using Zaffre Shard II
    NM#3: pos???, spawns Divagating Jagil, using Zaffre Shard III
    NM#4: pos???, spawns Nerrivik, using Zaffre Shard IV
    NM#5: F-9 spawns Krabakarpo, using Zaffre Shard V - drops Mondaha Cudgel

Morimar Basalt Fields

NM#1: J-8, spawns Volatile Matamata, using Alizarin Shard I
    NM#2: H-11, spawns Perdurable Raptor, using Alizarin Shard II - drops Bladeborn Earring
    NM#3: J-11, spawns Shimmering Tarichuk, using Alizarin Shard III - drops Lifestorm Earring
    NM#4: E-7/8 spawns Tutewehiwehi, using Alizarin Shard IV
    NM#5: F-10, spawns Kurma, using Alizarin Shard V

- Fractures -
    The Fractures take place in a timed and instanced event where the NMs you encounter depends upon which NMs you choose to avoid using Delve items.

Ceizak Battlegrounds Fracture entrance (H-8)
    NM list:
    Unfettered Twitherym
    Supernal Chapuli
    Transcendent Scorpion
    Mastop
    Tax'et
    Muyingwa

Foret de Hennetiel Fracture entrance (E-7)
    NM list:
    Faded Craklaw
    Aberrant Uragnite
    Divagating Jagil
    Nerrivik
    Krabakarpo
    Dakuwaqa

Morimar Basalt Fields Fracture entrance (I-5)
    NM list:
    Volatile Matamata
    Perdurable Raptor: drops Bladeborn Earring, Manibozho Beret
    Shimmering Tarichuk
    Tutewehiwehi
    Kurma
    Tojil

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

yay finally a delve thread, quoting myself from dat discussion thread...

Quote Originally Posted by arthars
    shards are actual drop from mobs

Alizarin Yggrete rock dorped. actual drop as well

both from morimar starting mobs near frontier station

edit: both ID got rock and shard in like 4 pulls

nowhere near skirmish parts rarity O_O

shard is used to lure NM out of a fraction

the rock is used to trade to npc to get KI to enter a fraction via a veil

running to npc to confirm now
    wasnt even main or sj thf btw

http://mectradegroup.org/FFXI/rock.jpg

she did some synthesis action btw... so im not sure if she can actually fail to make the KI.......

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Trading an Alizarin Yggrete Shard III to Anomaly Expert does jack squat. Gonna see if Inventor's Coalition will take it since she says it can be condense into plasm too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Trading an Alizarin Yggrete Shard III to Anomaly Expert does jack squat. Gonna see if Inventor's Coalition will take it since she says it can be condense into plasm too.
    Rock = obtain planchette to enter a Fracture
    Shard = pop NM out in the field
    Bead = obtain from popped NM in the field to combine with planchette to force NM to not appear in Fracture

They're just for popping NMs in the field, not really sure why any NPC would do anything with it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

those shards are a direct trade to the ???s thingy around the region(in respect to your shard) to lure a NM out of fraction. to get the KI to actually enter a fraction, you need the rock, also from the usual mobs in the region

someone shouting to sell a rock for 5M in town -_-

shard NPCs for 160G if anyone cares :X

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

So, you want to know what yggrete shards are? Someone really needs to slap some sense into you--might as well be me. They're...sharrrds of yggrete.≺Prompt≻

I shouldn't fault you too much, though, because they aren't used in the same way. No, these are used to call monsterrrs to you.≺Prompt≻

They can also be condensed into mweya plasm...if you desirrre.≺Prompt≻
    Bolded is what I was looking for.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Bolded is what I was looking for.
    Ah. Guessing you need participate in the event first, maybe? I can't imagine the NPC giving you much plasm for that relative to whatever things cost or it would kinda subvert the whole system.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Forr Porri the npc that is going to eventually trade equipment doesn't list any rewards yet. And the official info states the rewards he's gonna offer gradually open up as more people keep defeating Delve NMs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Forr Porri the npc that is going to eventually trade equipment doesn't list any rewards yet. And the official info states the rewards he's gonna offer gradually open up as more people keep defeating Delve NMs.
    It's not other people, it's just you. They said this on the official site I think, and it was mentioned elsewhere too (maybe by Matsui). Sounded basically like you can't buy drops from him until you personally beat the NM that drops the item you want to buy.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Did 4 colonization reives in Foret 3 boxing.

First reive one char got Zaffre yggrete shard I, another got shard V and final char got nothing.

Got nothing from the subsequent 3 reives on any character.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Friend just got Celadon Yggrete Shard I in Ceizak as a reward from a Reive

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We got a Kupo group of 10 and we're popping NM's now.

We found the first 4 locations: (Morimar)
    T1: K-8
    T2: H-11
    T3: J-11
    T4: F-10
    T5: ???

All are on the edge of the map, T1 is in the little dimple of the path.
    T1 is the Matamata.

Wouldn't be surprised if the pictures are in order by Tier.
    2 is raptor, 5 is the big turtle guy?

So.. The Matamata is extremely evasive...

Like... REALLY evasive. (Bravura, Aggressor, HQ Sushi was under 40% accuracy)
    And hard...
    Literally, we're changing jobs to try and kill this hard.
    Appears to take the extra magic damage, so we're about to try that.

Atonements are doing 2500 damage, we've been fighting for 5 minutes, and it's at 95% HP...
    A LOT of Hp.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Shards seem to be common as fuck. Myself and someone in my LS already have a full set of tier 1 ones

Old Merits
    BG Level

Used Alizarin yggrete shard III on myself and got 100 corpuscles of menace plasm. Got 3x shard III and 1 Rock to drop near the frontier station in about 10mins of killing stuff.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So with the 5 different NM's that you can find, did the previous notes state that you can only use 3 stones to prevent 3 NM's from popping within the fracture? I guess this means you could kind of pick 2 NM's out of the 5 that are the most troublesome.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Cambion View Post
    We got a Kupo group of 10 and we're popping NM's now.

We found the first 4 locations: (Morimar)
    T1: K-8
    T2: H-11
    T3: J-11
    T4: F-10
    T5: ???

All are on the edge of the map, T1 is in the little dimple of the path.
    T1 is the Matamata.

Wouldn't be surprised if the pictures are in order by Tier.
    2 is raptor, 5 is the big turtle guy?

So.. The Matamata is extremely evasive...

Like... REALLY evasive.
    And hard...
    Literally, we're changing jobs to try and kill this hard.
    Appears to take the extra magic damage, so we're about to try that.

Atonements are doing 2500 damage, we've been fighting for 5 minutes, and it's at 95% HP...
    A LOT of Hp.
    What's the NM's name and what spawn item type did it ask for? I'm guessing Morimar uses the blue color Zaffre items?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yes you can only trade a maximum of 3 of the items the NMs presumably drop (when fought in field) to prevent them from appearing within the fracture.