+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Sinister Skies FFXI Private Server

~{ Sinister Skies Private Server }~

Under new management! (March 2013)
    Players from Azure Sky still have their accounts!

We have a helpful & active Team constantly adding new features and to help make your experience on our server as enjoyable as we can!

The IP Address updates frequently, if your client supports DNS, set the IP address as: sinisterskies.no-ip.org
    If not, you can get the IP Address from here:
    baremetal.com/cgi-bin/dnsip?target=sinisterskies.no-ip.org

Server Website:
    freeffxiprivateserver.freeforums.org/index.php

Server Status:

Dedicated Server

Experience rate: 5x (as well as working EXP Rings)

Starting gil: 500k

All maps unlocked by default

Teamspeak: Available, check our forums for TS info

Regular updates with lots of added custom content.

Run Speed: 80

Level Cap: 75

Gil drops of ALL mobs(anything from 2k ~ 15k for regular mobs not including HNMs)

Custom HNM fights

Custom NPCs as well as(partially) working Rune Fencer, Level Sync and PvP with WoTG and SoA zones being worked on.

Global Shop command
    means you can buy custom food and items wherever you are!

New Boss fights constantly being added as well as lots of HNM runs and a friendly and helpful player base

Need an Account?
    PM Game_Accounts on our forums and we'll have you're account up within 48 hours.
    While waiting for your account, please check through our forums to see what currently works and what doesn't work

Server is up 24/7 with auto-reboot in case of crash

Hope to see you in game soon!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

New Boss fight: Shinryu!
    Check our forums for more info

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Accounts CANNOT be created through launcher, PM Game_Accounts on our forums for an account.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

used to be a great server.
    Sadly New management are all children who powertrip
    and ban people for personal frustration.

i just withdrew myself after seeing one of there mods breakdown and ban like 10people for not praising him.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

If Twiz is still involved at all stay away from the server. He is a cancer to any community he's a part of. Sinister Skies is one of many private servers so there are choices.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Game_Accounts user does not exist?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If you're trying to PM a user by that name on this forum, you're in the wrong place.

If it's on their forum, you should probably be asking about it there instead of here.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Your initial post should also include information about level cap, scripting & AI status, how much of content //up to// retail is integrated. Can you edit your initial post, or answer in-reply?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Does anyone play on these private servers? IIRC the monster scripting was all server-side so it needs to be replicated on private servers, is it any good or does it just feel generic? Best private server?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    Does anyone play on these private servers? IIRC the monster scripting was all server-side so it needs to be replicated on private servers, is it any good or does it just feel generic? Best private server?
    After Twiz ruined Sinister Skies I went to Ifrit Fun Server. It was cool for a very casual I want to exp and have the best gear etc feel. Some JA and mob JA didn't work but mostly it was no biggie. Probably the biggest issue was somehow enmity got all jacked up and they were having a real hard time fixing it. I haven't played in 4 months or so so I'm not sure if they ever fixed it.

Dark Star Project has a list of private servers and doing a google search for say ffxi private, ffxi free, etc will pull numerous results as well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Any decent private server that puts you at max level? I really wanna log in and look around a bit, bring back the feels, but don't really want to play. Wish I could log into my account but I never transferred my account to the new system and I hear they delete accounts after a while ;/

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

SE stated that they never delete accounts.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Still don't know where my JP CD Keys are

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    Any decent private server that puts you at max level? I really wanna log in and look around a bit, bring back the feels, but don't really want to play. Wish I could log into my account but I never transferred my account to the new system and I hear they delete accounts after a while ;/
    Max level as in 75(99)? There are some servers out there that give you one job @75 when you register. Otherwise, depending on the server and their exp rate, it can take as little as a day to get to 75 solo.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Don't even bother with this server unless you don't mind getting banned just for talking to someone who has exploited a bug that /they/ could easily prevent but are just too damn lazy.

Also, don't donate to the owner Twiz, even if he plays his typical card and says he's a single father. That's his problem if he can't hold a spouse in his life.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Twiz is a fuckin' tard, always has been. He banned me from their forums for telling him something was stupid, don't even remember what it was anymore. Kinda quit this server once Twiz took over.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I more or less got bored after realizing I needed to do the limit breaks even though I had 75's. Mostly due to the Azure Sky>Sinister Skies transition. It kinda killed my mood and interest for some reason.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sinister was fun for a time when it had more people, I left because I lost interest with my favorite jobs being unplayable and with XIV on the horizon.

I've also heard of bad things about twiz and him banning people because of them just saying they don't like him.

So how do you join a private server if you have never done so?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lebzile View Post
    Twiz is a fuckin' tard, always has been. He banned me from their forums for telling him something was stupid, don't even remember what it was anymore. Kinda quit this server once Twiz took over.
    Quit ......this is why you got banned because you're an idiot in the same sentence of you say you got banned and you quit......I have no patience for morons and you clearly fit in that category you were banned you didn't quit and you were banned for violating the rules not my fault you either can't or didn't read them sucks to be you

User was infracted for this post.