Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Eleventh Adventurer Appreciation Campaign Arrives in Full Regalia! (05/16/2013)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...92/detail.html

May 16 continues to spark fires in the heart of Vana'dielians across the globe, for today celebrates the eleventh year since FINAL FANTASY XI went live in Japan!

The realm's fate has rested firmly upon the strong and stable shoulders of adventurers like you ever since its inception—and your meritorious efforts in preserving it have not gone unnoticed! Once again, we take great pleasure in announcing the start of the Adventurer Appreciation Campaign—a manifestation of our gratitude for constantly keeping watch over the...

Hm? What could that moogle be doing, waving his teensy little arms like his pom-pom just got pulled off?

Slow down, now! Just what in Tavnazia is this about the "Mog Institute mock exams"?

However, let us first usher in this most auspicious of events with a memorial message from our producer, Mr. Matsui!

Today marks a full eleven years since FINAL FANTASY XI first began service, a grand achievement that I never thought I'd see in even my wildest dreams.

Looking back over the years I've spent working on XI, I'm reminded of the times the team spent running around like cockatrices with their heads chopped off. Through it all, however, we were lucky enough to receive kind—or sometimes necessarily strict—support from all of you adventurers.

I sincerely thank each and every one of you for your invaluable contributions during these past eleven years.

Though the eleventh anniversary may be an awkward one for most games, it carries an incredible amount of weight for FFXI, so let's work together to make this 11th Vana'versary the most memorable year ever—both in- and outside of Vana'diel!

We look forward to working together with all of you for many more years to come.

—FINAL FANTASY XI Producer
    Akihiko Matsui

Illustration : Mitsuhiro Arita

Event Schedule

The Adventurer Appreciation Campaign will run from Thursday, May 16, 2013, at 1:00 a.m. until Thursday, May 30, 2013, at 7:59 a.m. (PDT)

Participating in the Adventurer Appreciation Campaign

This year, we have taken our traditional Anniversary ring and imbued it with a decade's worth of powerful magic...plus one to grow on! Dubbed the Undecennial Ring, it will surely prove to be an invaluable item to any adventurer!

Event Moogle Locations
    Southern San d'Oria (J-9) / Northern San d'Oria (D-8) / Bastok Mines (H-9) / Bastok Markets (G-8) / Windurst Waters (North ) (F-5) / Windurst Woods (K-10)

11th Vana'versary Congratulatory Letters and Moogle Guard!?

While tradition dictates that distinguished individuals across the realm send congratulatory letters, this year there is only a sole communiqué—and it eschews commendations for an explanation of the "Mog Institute mock exams." Written by the institution's infamous and draconian director himself, what sort of academic assessment does this mysterious missive hold for Vana'diel's valiant 'venturers...?

Proctor Moogle Locations:
    Southern San d'Oria (I-8) / Bastok Markets (F-8) / Windurst Waters (North) (F-9)

Mog Tablets Unleashed!

Ordinarily, upon the discovery of all eleven mog tablets, three random Super Kupowers will take effect. For the duration of the Adventurer Appreciation Campaign, however, the full set of eleven powers will be unleashed. So go on, get out there and help your fellow adventurers scour the land in the search effort!

Brush up on details pertaining to areas hosting mog tablets and the list of Super Kupowers.

*The effects of Super Kupowers will remain active for one week (Earth time) following the discovery of all eleven mog tablets.

The 11th Anniversary Vana'diel Census

The results of Vana'diel's Tenth Anniversary census are scheduled to be presented to the public around the middle of August. We will reveal more information regarding the census as time goes on, so stray not far from the bulletin boards.
    New ring, a shield, and this year's adventurer stats!

I suppose it fits best in this thread- how 'bout that Shield designing contest?

You get to have an item of your own design in the game. That's probably the best idea they've ever come up with for a community event.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The image on the shield should be that of someone holding a superior shield like an Aegis.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

For doing the event in Windurst go to Windurst Waters F-9 and talk to the Moogle by the Treasure Coffer. The coffer offers all of the past anniversary suits and the new Moogle Guard, try to take the Moogle Guard/speak to Moogle/take the guard out of the coffer and you will get a cutscene.

Go to a Proctor Moogle with the Moogle Guard equipped to take the exam, a bunch of questions all about FFXI lore and trivia. The Moogle seems to keep track of the amount of people who pass in each city. Talking to the Proctor Moogle without the guard on will transform you into a mog. Proctor locations in Windurst Waters (north) at G-8 on 2nd floor of the building, and J-9 near the MH.

Moogle at F-5 near the exit to Saruta offers statistics of your character and gives you the new anni ring.

At F-10 the Erudite Moogle will appear and disappear transforming anyone who comes within range, and various regular NPCs have also been changed into moogles for the event.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rentwokay Champignon
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm a few years behind on these events. If I take one item out of the casket, do I have to wait a day/hour/whatever before I can retrieve another, or can I take them all out one after the other?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I had one of those moments where I thought I knew what you were going to say before I actually read what you typed and thought it was "all past event items" and got excited that I could finally get my pitchfork .

You can snag all the items listed, but there's a cutscene when you get the Moogle Guard that introduces you to the trivia part of the event.

For my first question, they had me pick the Clothcrafter guy who gives you adv. imagery out of a lineup.

I've stared at that guy through 90+ on one character and 60+ on another, you Moogle motherfucker. He haunts my dreams.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Reposting from FFXIAH:
    Quote Originally Posted by Malothar
    As mentioned above, you get the Moogle Moolah and Chocobo Shield +1 for completing all 3 nations. Not mentioned above however, is the Moogle directs you to an adventurer standing near the MH of that area. Elvaan from Sandy, and I went to the adventurer in Windy as it was the last zone I completed.

NPC said she new me from somewhere, then I was prompted with a list, I forget the other two zones, but I choose Tor. Canal. Afterwards, she said I lent her something she meant to return, then prompted for club, headpiece, or furnishing. I choose headpiece, and she showed me Dandy Spectacles, Red Eyes, then finally gave me a Bronze Cap. XD

Not sure if there's some trick to this or what. The NPC says don't try back again tomorrow because she'll surely remember, but that just sounds like teasing to try back anyways lol. I've tried the other two nations, and both NPCs are unresponsive. Also, I didn't notice this in any of the other areas, but there's an Aspiring Adventurer running around in Bastok Markets. Know he was used in the 2012 event, but I've found no use for him atm.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Doing the quiz in Sandy now, here's what I have so far. Go to the regular Moogle next to the coffer first and try to take out the Moogle Guard, after the Mog prompts you go take it out you get a CS. Keep the Guard equipped on you to take the quizes at the various Proctor Moogles in each city. Each area has several Proctors who each have their own quiz question. It seems like the images/things they show you can be somewhat randomized from a pool of 5 or 6 options, so there isn't a totally static answer.

Proctor Moogle L-6, K-7, K-10, I-10, B-6, E-7, G-9, M-8

Proctor K-10 by the exit to East Ronfaure
    Select a spot.
    Stone nook area with door and stairs to the left - Cathedral reliquary
    Stone nook area with only a door - Cathedral manuscript room
    Door with a few steps outside - Lion Springs Tavern

Proctor I-10 by chocobo stables
    Arrange all the areas that the great Gwynham Ironheart traveled to in order from oldest to newest
    The areas you’re given as options will differ depending on the city and moogle but no matter just pick them in this order from oldest to newest as they are available to you:
    Oldest >> >> Newest
    South Gustaberg (748CE), North Gustaberg (749CE), Konschtat Highlands (750CE), East Ronfaure (751CE), Jugner Forest (755CE), Rolanberry Fields (757CE), Batallia Downs (759CE), West Ronfaure (761CE), Valkurm Dunes (762CE), Pashhow Marshlands (763CE), La Theine Plateau (764CE), Sauromugue Champaign (770CE), Tahrongi Canyon (774CE), East Sarutabaruta (777CE), West Sarutabaruta/Meriphataud Mountains/Buburimu Peninsula (all 3 are 778CE),

SouthSandy Proctor I-10
    1st-NGustaberg 2nd Konschtat 3rd WRonfaure 4th Valkurm 5th Pashhow 6th LaTheine

Proctor G-9 on the arch above overlooking the exit to West Ronfaure
    Select a store.
    ?

Proctor B-6 next to Count’s Manor
    Select a store paired with the person who owns/runs it.
    Taumila (old woman with grey hair)
    Raimbroy (man with reddish brown mage top, ghotee and hair pulled back)
    Rosel (man with gray hair ghotee hair pulled back, scale leggings, and starter gear top)
    Helbort (man with orange hair and blue/purple metal armor)
    Justi (man with gray hair in a pony-tail, wearing cloth mage top)
    Thierride/Rusty Anchor Pub (man with gray hair ghotee hair pulled back, orange and greenish tunic top)

Proctor E-7 in the courtyard with a well
    Select the street shown
    Pikeman’s Way - (wooden stairs on right hand side)
    ? - (shovels and utensils kept against a wall)
    Cavalry Way - (shows the storefront with a clothing armor icon outside)
    Watchdog Alley - (alley with a well to the left side)
    Squire Alley - (wooden stairs to the left and barrels/fountain structure to the right)

Proctor M-8 choose the right locale pictured
    Door with ornate designs and 2 stairs – Rusty Anchor
    Door with round handles on them and lanterns on either side – Air Travel Agency
    Wooden door with 4 horizontal beams – Blacksmiths Guild
    Door with slits for windows in each side – Regina’s Magicmart
    Wooden door with one horizontal beam across middle – Blacksmith’s Guild Shop
    Wide door with knockers divided up into 12 by horizontal/vertical strips. Brugaire Consortium.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Stellar map for reference to some of the questions:
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...tellar_map.png

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

the big mandys are the major stars from what I gathered.

proctor moogle locations windurst waters
    L-6
    J-9
    f-10
    f-12
    j-9
    d-11
    e-5
    g-8

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Here is a lineup of all of the NPC's at the various guilds in San d'Oria for you to compare for the quiz by the fountain:

Tanners Guild=

Woodworkers Guild=

Blacksmith's Guild=

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

bastok markets
    portor moogle locations
    h-5
    e-7
    e-9
    f-11
    h-10
    i-9
    i-8
    l-9

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Event guide page is up on BG Wiki, feel free to add info that you might have:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Adventure...ign_2013/Guide

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Here's the answers for San d'Orias constellation quiz near the shops:

Text guide without needing reference to pic:
    Large white mandy up top = Gordius
    Large white mandy to the left = Vuychap
    Large white mandy with yellow bud = Daemdalus
    Large black mandy with a few small mandys standing within his same stone tile block = Sleipnir
    Large black mandy with no small mandys standing within his same stone tile block = Falbub
    Large pink mandy to the far right = Aeomatra
    Large pink mandy to the far left = Veydal
    Large pink mandy in the middle = Olduum

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Moogle by the chests report the quanity of people who have cleared exams and the star rankings 1 - 5. Right now all my server has 1 star rank in all cities with 190 at the most. Wondering if it will tick over at 200 for every star = 100 passes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Someone on FFXIAH reporting getting Nomad Moogle Rod from the "club" option Oblivious Adventurer offers after all 3 cities get rank 5 stars.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Got my choco shield+1, all nations 5 stars now.

i did Ule Range + Club for the bastok adventurer. he previews the Nomad Moogle Rod, then gave me an Ash Club..

..also i missed last year's event, and the Aspiring Adventurer doesn't seem to do anything. i'm guessing past event +1 items are no longer obtainable.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ash Club here also. Not sure what makes the NPC speak to you. Waited a game day and nothing, and the ones in the other two nations did anything either.

Mule/2box can't interact with them, so I'm wondering if it's tied to doing all the questions or not. If it's JP midnight, well, I need me 8 more days to try all zone options on the 3 NPCs for my damned moogle club.

For what it's worth, on Asura, SanD is 4*, Bastok/WinD 3*. in the event results.

Change this later.
    BG Level

I talked to the taru in Windurst, selected East Sarutabaruta and club, and got the Nomad Moogle Rod. All nations were at five stars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast