Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I think Chero-Machero was just saying whatever will benefit him the most, but I feel Hildebert was saying what he thinks will benefit the nation, he's just too old-fashioned.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

From doing Thirst for the Eons, it's evident that Teodore is immortal since they mention a mysterious man that frequents the Mummer's coalition hundreds of years ago. Could he be Sverhried or something? I didn't do the RUN quests but do they ever show what Sverhried looked like?

Also, usually in expansions packs the protagonists/antagonists have jobs relevant to the new jobs released. So like ToAU, Nashmeira was a PUP, Luzaf was a COR and the brother was a BLU. Lilisette was a DNC. Maybe Arciela's Orthsyne will grow thundercats style into a greatsword for the final fight and she'll be a badass RUN, or maybe Teodore is Sverhried and his staff morphs into a greatsword.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

this might be just me, but adoulines lore/story has some paralels to the bible and jesus (only some). august and his 12 leaders of the order (apostels?), yggdrasil as the holy grail, there is prolly more. wonder if august got betrayed by someone

Campaign
    BG Level

Good hint actually, would make sense! :D

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Good hint actually, would make sense! :D
    hades being a fallen god/angel. dunno the similaritys just struck me this morning somehow.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    this might be just me, but adoulines lore/story has some paralels to the bible and jesus (only some). august and his 12 leaders of the order (apostels?), yggdrasil as the holy grail, there is prolly more. wonder if august got betrayed by someone
    Pretty strong evidence that Xol betrayed him in Ra'kaznar and that's why the invasion attempt failed. If you mean one of the 12 then who knows, the only one we know by name is Morimar so far.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Pretty strong evidence that Xol betrayed him in Ra'kaznar and that's why the invasion attempt failed. If you mean one of the 12 then who knows, the only one we know by name is Morimar so far.
    we actually know almost all names

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pretty strong evidence that Xol betrayed him in Ra'kaznar and that's why the invasion attempt failed.
    Idk, we know that Xol is the 7th Naakual, and that he was given a mission by August, but no knowledge of what that was. Maybe his mission was to stay in liege with Hades, but when the time comes and his appearance is imminent, he's to search out strong people to defeat him, or some such non-sense? Would explain why he set up Skirmishes, and why in the final CS he was really prodding you to go and defeat Hades. Like he wants you to defeat him.

I'm curious about Incursion and how the Velkk/Lilies quest line will tie into it. Wonder if we'll ever get some sort of quest line or lore that further explains Delve, what it is, and why we do it.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah, I also got the impression Xol is like "testing" us, like he's doing whatever he's doin for some other purpose.
    We'll find out soon enough.
    October for next bunch of missions?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Could be. I think he's just bored and likes to create chaos to be entertained. Not necessarily evil but certainly not working towards our/ Adoulin's best interests. He'd totally betray Hades if it made for a good "show."

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Could be. I think he's just bored and likes to create chaos to be entertained. Not necessarily evil but certainly not working towards our/ Adoulin's best interests. He'd totally betray Hades if it made for a good "show."
    i think he is trying to unite the 12 houses, so adouline stands a chance against hades only united. by bringing down the protection wall around adoulin he is basicly forcing them to emerge into the jungle and bring hades down before hades vanquishes adoulin.

OR the deathborn xol is just a "family" name of that demon/specias trybe and balamor is one of the other 2triumphirates meaning we havent met the good one yet as the 7. naakual, that joined august.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Nah, Deathborne Xol is just one of Balamor's names and he's the 7th Naakual. He's one of the Triumvirate, we don't know who the other 2 are yet, but people think Teodor is one of them. I personally think Teodor was just one of Augusts 12 dudes like Morimar and he's still alive for the same unexplained reason.

I kinda doubt Balamor is trying to unite the 12 orders considering how he was pitting the members against themselves, and mostly against Arciela. He certainly removed the protective spell/barrier thing to force their hand, but I think it was more for entertainment than altruism. We'll see if he's just a Hades henchman, a double-er triple agent? or just loves chaos like Odin when the final missions come out. I could see him switching to our side at the last minute for a heroic save or some crap but that'd be really cliche.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I doubt Teodor is evil, he's too much of a red herring. He's dark, ominous, he has scruff and a pimp cane, very laconic. He's like a Severus Snape. He's too stereotypically evil looking to actually be evil(he looks like Vincent Volaju from Cowboy Bebop too). Although he COULD be part of the Triumvirate. Maybe the 7th Naakual was split into 3 entities to limit its power similar to how Sajjaka's scales were removed from him to limit him.

Also I wonder if Siren/Sylph will be revealed soon, maybe as the Avatar-entity of the forest or as Roseletta's 'true form' or maybe the personification of Yggdrasl. Or maybe the sirens/sylphs shown in the artwork are just a mob type in a new zone. Maybe Arciela fuses with the Forest and this is her final form?
    Spoiler: show

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2..._Monster_5.jpg

Most likely Siren by the way since FF8's SIren also had Wing-hair and leaf skirt.
    http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...VIII_Art_2.png

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm re-watching some Adoulin cutscenes.

Is "Adras" supposed to be "King August"? I think it is, because they were his dying words, etc etc.

And when was Adoulin established? "Arciela Appears Again" calls it "a whole century", but it's been like 800 years hasn't it?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Haven't rewatched the cutscenes and have been out of it a while but isn't the founding of the Sacred City of Adoulin different than the founding of Adoulin? The Sacred City only being a hundred years old might make sense?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Adoulin is 2 cities technically. Eastern Adoulin is an island. Western Island is actually on the continent of Ulbulka, right on the edge near the beach and is subject to attack by monsters occasionally(similar to Whitegate and Alzhabi, the 'poor' section is susceptible to attacks and stuff). The 'Sacred City' refers to Eastern Adoulin. It has the Goddess statue, and also the song on the FFXI SoA Soundtrack for Eastern Adoulin is called "Sacred City".

King Adras is likely Arciela/Ygnas' father or some other recent King of Adoulin.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    King Adras is likely Arciela/Ygnas' father or some other recent King of Adoulin.
    I'd have thought so, but they referred to Arciela and Ygnas being descendants, and referring to "King Adras's dying words!" re: don't enter the jungle again.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Iirc and my memory is bad.. Adras is the king whom August appeared to warn against colonization no?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Another snippet of Teodor-related ambiguity in the new quest. Nothing particularly conclusive but

Spoiler: show
    He's a contemporary of August, and antagonistic to him at at least one time. And they're chatting at Ra'kaznar's front door. I'd say it's still pointing in the direction of being a Xol or something similar. I think most/all of the generals were enemies of August to start with, though, so maybe he's one of them that hasn't been seen in any other cutscenes.

In the new CSs we get a look at Ceizak, Jorius, Cirdas, Hennetiel (and his wyvern Izzy), Marjami, Yahse Karieyh, and Rala Renaye. I'm not sure if any of those are new compared with the various rune fencer CSs I haven't seen, but Spira's mining results would indicate not. We also get a brief glimpse of that demon-y caturae-y thing with the big wing... things, that was just added but has been floating around as concept art for a while.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Uh I'm confused...they speak as if he's the leader of the undead/arcana army, that would imply that he is actually Hades x_x mumble mumble mumble...