Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What if the World Tree was just a Zilart kid's science fair project?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Zilart wizards created everything, the lies about Altana and the primal crystal gods are just mind tricks to divert our attention away from them. Hades is merely the true Zilart king who made Rakaznar to trap the souls of any who would dare oppose absolute ZIlart rule. Odin is also a Zilart. The Xols, Ra'kaznar, and everything therein related were all made as decoys for Hades while he could finish making his super spaceship Rakaznar fly to space so he could colonize and Zilartify new planets.

All the while, not a single apostrophe in his name. What a rebel.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-a0KoL5bF4L...E/s1600/p5.jpg

That's Hades' original appearance. It's an elf. Zilarts aren't elves.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

His ears got caught in a crystal press. Why you gotta be racist?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-a0KoL5bF4L...E/s1600/p5.jpg

That's Hades' original appearance. It's an elf. Zilarts aren't elves.
    "Many hosts", "two hosts", what's the difference

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

sure, if you ignore the fact that the cutscene that the image is from was Tedeor referencing hades before he became hades. let's also ignore that the whole Tedeor/Hades/Rakaznar event string begins long after Zilartian dominance. 0 point trying to shoehorn something where it doesn't belong, Zilarts don't need to be responsible for everything.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    0 point trying to shoehorn something where it doesn't belong, Zilarts don't need to be responsible for everything.
    Yeah, that's Odin's job.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

lol..
    ya Hades was elvaan..

could we then summarize the SoA plotline in its entirety?

-Hades (before being Hades) is a great leader of nation (most likely somewhere on Ulbuka?), wants to achieve greater good, seeks immortality, ends up discovering Tartarus and draws on its power and is corrupted by it.
    -Hades gives Teodor some power and tasks him to venture into Tartarus to find him some minions. Teodor does.
    -2 minions pledge complete servitude to Hades. Together with Teodor, they become the Xol Triumvirate.
    -7 other creatures are subjugated but do not bend entirely to Hades will.. are imprisoned (?).
    -Hades builds RaKaznar - purpose is that it allows one to escape the cycle of death ?
    -meanwhile, Velkk overrun the land.

fast forward to August Adoulin's time.
    -August and generals drive the Velkk deeper into Ulbuka and claim the isle on its coast for his kingdom
    -August ventures deep into Ulbuka to conquer the land
    -at some point August defeats Terrcualn (i forgot this part of the story already), gets it to pledge loyalty to him.
    -at some point August learns of the Cimmerian Adherents who <are threatening to corrupt the land> and tries to stop them.
    -at some point August grafts a branch of the Yggdrasil tree from Rhazowa in an attempt to purify the land
    -at some point August discovers Ra Kaznar
    -at some point August defeats the 6 naakuals and sajjaka. he stations the naakuals to protect the entrances, whereas i can't remember what sajjaka is supposed to do.
    -at some point August learns of Hades and the Xol Triumvirate, who hold his blood sigils.. and attempts to defeat them.
    -half of August's generals die fighting the Triumvirate. Teodor has a change of heart after meeting August.
    -August confronts Hades in Ra'Kaznar. manages to seal him in?

some time in between...
    Yggdrasil is burnt down in Rhazowa. As the world trees are linked, the one in Ulbuka is weakened as well, and its ability to purify the land weakens.

new age of colonization commences.

some time after, Melvien becomes a host for Hades. I suppose he was vulnerable or whatever.

corruption of the land land gets worse.

player comes to ulbuka, meets arciela, becomes a prominent pioneer.
    Ygnas is cursed. they try to lift the curse.
    Adoulin is bickering pro/anti-colonization.. assassination attempt foiled.
    Vortimere/Ingrid wants to get rid of Arciela cos shes meddlesome. plot foiled. Ingrid owes her life to adventurer.
    Arciela uses Otharsyne to summon Sajj'aka.. (out of Ra Kaznar?). They fix his scales.
    They meet Darrcualn and Morimar, and need to stop the spread of corruption or whatever.
    Plant new seed in Ulbuka - stopped by Melvien. Morimar kills Melvien physically.
    someone switches the ward protecting Adoulin from baddies, they fix it.
    Balamor appears and trash talks.. then gets defeated, and passes his blood sigil to Teodor.
    and everything else is chapter 5. i think

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

When was the World Tree burned down? If I'm remembering correctly, Excenmille leads an expedition to Rhazowa to fight orcs at the end of his WotG storyline, so I'm wondering if that's this expansion's "cause" (i.e. Eald'narche fight of RotZ awakens Bahamut starting CoP, research on Omega/Ultima starts ToAU, idk maybe fucking Odin does some shit starting WotG)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Plant new seed in Ulbuka - stopped by Melvien. Morimar kills Melvien physically.
    someone switches the ward protecting Adoulin from baddies, they fix it.
    The planting of the sappling wasn't stopped by Melvien, though he did try. They still succeeded afaik. And the ward within Rala, afaik, they didn't fix it. The Geo Maester informed everyone about what would happen now that it had been switched, then Balamor shows up, curses everyone, and the ward was never mentioned again. :/ Ward still confuses me. It worked back in the day to stop August from meddling with the town, but he cursed Ygnas without issue.

Everything else is right afaik.

I don't know if it was said when exactly it was burnt down, but it was. Pic courtesy of Spira.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gs8lisxeZH...s1600/art6.png

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Adoulin Story and Misc. Lore Thread

somezhing is wrong august knew about hades before he freed sajjaka and the naakuals. they were imprisoned in rakaznar an sajjaks mentioned that august freed them all and thus they pledged loalty to him. sajjaks forth on fought on augusts side against hades.
    in the final battle where they seal hades, sajjaka gets hit be a forcefull blow and looses 3 of his scales that are then sealed away by hades. August most likely died (or become an immortal somethin/ghost).

also when teodor and august met they had a devastating battle, which made Teodor get rid of his blood sigil. it was after this battle that Teodor joined augusts side and becomes the 7. naskual keeping watch over Hades seal. also years later Balamor returns the blood sigil back to Teodor, binding him again to Hades and thus the adventurer has to fight Teodor like august did, to releasr the blood sigil.

fuck phone typing!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

when was it saud that hades was a leader of a nation? Also i dont remember the RUN unlocking quest anymore but could it be that it was Hades back then (before he fount Tartarus/Rakaznar) in search for immortality and found the strange aparatus across vanadiel? The fight against him feels like fighting a Run, his attacks are elemental (lunge type, indi-vex makes him hit for 0 basicly)and he enters phases where he completly negates magic dmg from apecific elements and rotates them? someone go check Run unlocking quest dialogs on apparatus

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Adoulin Story and Misc. Lore Thread

maybe he found rakaznar via the strange aparatus, or found the zilartian technology to at least built rakaznar, omg this would also make sense with the "Gates of Paradise" sentence he threw out. Dud he leran that much from rhe zilart via rhe strange aparatus?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

There's still the artwork of Siren to be addressed, so there should be some post expansion content to be added i.e Limbus/Walk of Echoes/ZNM etc..

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Theres also the Silver Knife 'private auction house' zone that hasn't been used.

need to go back and watch the CS about the burning of the world tree, but its somewhere between august's time and now..

as for the RUN.. its not possible i think. Sverdhried lived in early 400s, and the latest that August coulda lived was about late 400s probably.. also, he's a hume, cos his descendant is a hume.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2..._Monster_5.jpg

Could be a Sylph or Siren, or a non-cannoical NM we'll fight like Morta or Bismarck. The artwork looks a little too detailed for it to be a generic enemy, I was thinking maybe it was the queen of the Heartwings, since Ros is the queen of Leafkins. Also what's the deal with Yggdrasil/Tree of Life? They kinda retconned the story and made Yggradil integral to Vanadiel but previously it wasn't as it never came up with the Apocalypse or Promathia or whatever. Did Altana make it? And how does it fascilitate Vana'diel's existence compared to the crystals? Is it like the Iifa Tree from FF9 where it modulates the flow of souls? Cuz the only thing we knew about previously that keeps Vanadiel alive are the mothercrystals. Now suddenly at least 1 of 2 world trees are needed too?

Too many loose ends in FFXI lore and I feel like the game will end in the next 5-6 years, so they need to start tying up loose ends with cross-expansion content like Apoc Nigh, or publish some lore books.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's Siren. She's in geomancer lore too.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

most likely Siren, cos they've actually mentioned her a couple of times wrt to the GEO backstory.. altho only by reference to book titles. not sure if they'll just decide to add her as a non-main storyline but story relevant character? if they somehow branch out the GEO questline.. its possible. or maybe now that Yggdrasil is recovering its guardian appears? Siren does appear quite naturey.. maybe Rosulatia will have plans for us.
    On a related note.. I wonder if they'll add like.. leafkin quests to Leafallia. its technically a town area after all.

also.. to be fair, the Yggdrasil was mentioned as early as 2008 in the mythic weapons as the origin of the laevateinn staff.. going as far as to say its something people of the north are familiar with, and that it was a gigas (who also live in the north) that plucked it from the tree. The importance of the tree is probably not as big as they make it out to be.. probably catastrophic to Ulbuka only because it needs that life energy to cleanse all the tartarus miasma or whatever.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Kinda pulling at strings but could August have been the original wielder of Excalibur? 12 orders, knights of the round? Or just paying homage to real mythology? Cuz relics were supposedly forged during the crystal war but their ethereal powers seem to indicate something more arcane/ancient. Also unrelated, Claustrum's weapon skill "gates of tartarus", though it could just be a non-canonical coincidence for just cool naming convention purposes.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Camate Wrote:

I’ve returned from my mission to secure lore information! I did my best to get what I could out of the Lore Team...

First, in regards to the question about draketamers. Its seems that each order of the Twelve Orders has some type of an animal-related alias. As it happens, those from the Order of Thurandaut call themselves “draketamers”. The NPC Flaviria is the current heir of the Order of Thurandaut. The team mentioned that there might just be a quest that goes into more detail about the draketamers in the future.

Finally, good ol’ Lehko Habhoka…
    This is a character whose past is heavily shrouded in mystery and he has been around to many places before arriving in Windurst, so there is good possibility he stopped in Adoulin at some point during his travels.
    I would have guessed Thuandaut would be raptors since there's a whole quest about raptors from the Mummer's coalition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast