Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

You trade the 6 Naakual paragons for an item at a Records of Eminence NPC but the message says "Exchange 7 treasures". Is that a glitch/typo with localization or could it have been a gaff for an upcoming bonus Teodor II fight where he gives you an Undying Paragon(though a Sajj'aka fight would be way more badass.)

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

The library entry has said that Thurandaut's insignia was a lizard and that members of the order train in polearm use and the raising of small pets since before we knew anything at all about Hennetiel. I don't understand why so many people think this "draketamer" thing is the biggest plot hole or most important unexplained thing. Canonically, dragoon's wyverns are nigh upon extinct so it's not unreasonable that as Middle Lands dragoons as a kind of knight just die out, an order of Adoulinian government with a tradition of dragooning would instead start training other pets like raptors.

Also, it's said "Seven Treasures" since they added the thing. Who knows.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

uh..
    what do you think the significance of mentioning Lehko in Ulbuka is?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

At the end of the Windurst [S] storyline, the narrator (?) says something about a sapling growing, but "that's a story for another time, when our paths cross again" or something to that effect. Lehko also mentions that he's considering visiting Rhazowa, Aht Urhgan, or the Mithran homeland next.

So maybe some kind of storyline involving present-day Lehko and the World Trees is planned?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

That'd be pretty cool but I wouldn't hold my breath. At most we might get a quest that has us use a memory-watcher-thing (yet another thing lifted from Harry Potter) where we see Lehko 20ish years ago visiting Adoulin.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I asked Camate to look into the drakestamer thing on the official forum and some idiot hiijacked my thread and asked about Lehko.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So maybe some kind of storyline involving present-day Lehko and the World Trees is planned?
    I think "sapling growing" was an allegory for the "seed" he left growing inside of Romaa Mihgo.
    Spoiler: show
    he impregnated Romaa Mihgo before leaving Windurst, as Nanaa Mihgo is hr son of Lehko and Romaa

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I am not sure if Spira can make something out of the CS dialogues of Epeolatry quest. I will get the Idris CSs too. I hope I didnt forget an important one.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's kinda funny, so Marjami isn't even a Run at all, she was just a magical swordsman. Never much paid attention to the dates, the storyline spans so much, it's easy to get confused, but you'd think with her being one of the storied generals of August that Sverdhried wouldn't of gotten all the credit that he did, specially since it sounds like her form of Rune Fencing was superior in a way, being able to harbor all 8 elements at once and all. But it doesn't mention if she used runes or not (though it sounds like not, since Sverdhried introduced that aspect), it may of just been magical in nature, a super buff Rdm with all 8 enspells or something lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    That's kinda funny, so Marjami isn't even a Run at all, she was just a magical swordsman. Never much paid attention to the dates, the storyline spans so much, it's easy to get confused, but you'd think with her being one of the storied generals of August that Sverdhried wouldn't of gotten all the credit that he did, specially since it sounds like her form of Rune Fencing was superior in a way, being able to harbor all 8 elements at once and all. But it doesn't mention if she used runes or not (though it sounds like not, since Sverdhried introduced that aspect), it may of just been magical in nature, a super buff Rdm with all 8 enspells or something lol.
    in the 2. CS in marjami's ravine, she uses "Chainspell" (the animation RDMs have) and casts a spell actually on Hennetiel, you never see any form of Runes in the CS. The fact that she wears rapiers (no GSW) and hagondes, suggests that she might indeed have been a rdm that was excellent in infuseing elemental properties into weapons (Enspells lol). The whole Epeolatry quest is a mocking RDM festival.

My guess is that Svendrisl rune teachings and Marjamis teaching fused together, makeing RUNs what they are now. Basicly all the RUN JAs are Svendril teachings and all the magic casts are Marjamis teachings (her being actually a RDM would also explain why RUNs spelllist is basicly almost identical to RDMs spelllist)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Svendril did incorporate magic into his teachings, though, that were derivative of his travels in Windurst.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    The fact that she wears rapiers (no GSW) and hagondes, suggests that she might indeed have been a rdm that was excellent in infuseing elemental properties into weapons
    or, considering this line:
    Many thought it easier to employ such tactics with sturdier blades rather than brittle epees and rapiers, so they switched their martial allegiance to those weapons.
    She was contemporary with Sverdhried, she was probably just one of the holdouts on one-handed swords.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    She was contemporary with Sverdhried, she was probably just one of the holdouts on one-handed swords.
    if you read the CS text in the 1. picture, Sverdhried came into Adoulin hundreds of years later, when marjami was allready dead. Marjami never met Sverdhried. Rune Fencer werent even born/a thing in Marjamis time. Runes were never a thing in Marjamis time/teachings.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    if you read the CS text in the 1. picture, Sverdhried came into Adoulin hundreds of years later, when marjami was allready dead. Marjami never met Sverdhried. Rune Fencer werent even born/a thing in Marjamis time. Runes were never a thing in Marjamis time/teachings.
    Plot hole, then. From "A Thirst for the Eons", a description of a paper talking about Sverdhried:
    "This record describes Sverdhried's trip back to Adoulin from a continent innumerable malms away. If I had to guess, that'd put this document somewhere in the first half of the fifth century--right smack-dab in the middle of an early colonization initiative."
    0-99 = first century, 100-199 = second, etc. so this NPC is saying somebody wrote about Sverdhried having come to Adoulin and been around during August's attempt at colonization between 400-450 CE.

That quote doesn't even make sense if Sverdhried introduced runes hundreds of years later, because Cirdas calls it runic energy.

Possibly Sverdhried visited Adoulin around August's time and then came back after his tour of the world with a school of rune fencing different from what he'd originally taught Marjami.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That quote doesn't even make sense if Sverdhried introduced runes hundreds of years later, because Cirdas calls it runic energy.

Possibly Sverdhried visited Adoulin around August's time and then came back after his tour of the world with a school of rune fencing different from what he'd originally taught Marjami.
    Maybe we've got another Morimar on our hands since that seems to be the norm on this side of the world.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Plot hole, then. From "A Thirst for the Eons", a description of a paper talking about Sverdhried:
    "This record describes Sverdhried's trip back to Adoulin from a continent innumerable malms away. If I had to guess, that'd put this document somewhere in the first half of the fifth century--right smack-dab in the middle of an early colonization initiative."
    0-99 = first century, 100-199 = second, etc. so this NPC is saying somebody wrote about Sverdhried having come to Adoulin and been around during August's attempt at colonization between 400-450 CE.

quick someone make a plot-kai-no-jutsu pls so everything fits in again!?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

what this says to me is that it definitively establishes August's place in the timeline much more clearly. and it seems we've been mistaken. marjami was a "rune fencer" but she had picked it up well before Sverdhreid developed his school of rune fencing. Augsust is a lot older than we thought. Relying on the CS damane shows, it means that August and his generals existed anywhere before 120years before C.E. (B.C? lol). I'm not sure if they ever gave a way to count the years before crystal era.

I don't think its really a plothole that they call it runic energy because the runic energy did exist well before Sverdhried - the kingdom he visited in Rhazowa had already been using it.. and it exists even without the use of actual runes. Perhaps they know of runes and its energies but didn't know how to manipulate them the way the magisters in the north did.

as for the colonization thing.. Sverdhreid was in Rhazowa in the early 400s. If he came back between 400-450 CE, then that would be in line with the era of the Great Expedition... (the first colonization effort after August's words were forgotten). We know that one ended in 673 but not when it began, but i didn't think it lasted for that long.. i guess it did.

Banned.

BG Level

Looking through shit again:

The Great Expedition ended ~200 years ago. There's an exact date given, I think it's CE 670, whatever.
    In CE 550, the first earthquakes ever were reported in Adoulin.
    The Great Expedition began after the ban on colonization established by August's dying words was lifted in CE 405.
    There was internal conflict and rebellion in Adoulin in CE 350 as the twelve orders fought for dominance in the absence of colonization.
    Sih Renaye is the oldest person recorded in Adoulinian history. Rala Renaye is her descendant, by how many generations isn't said, but since we still don't know of a Moh/Dho/Woh I'd baselessly conjecture it's four generations. So probably 80-120 years before August lived.

There's something said that the 17th Assembly was held in CE 773. No other assembly is given a number and nothing is said about what determined the length of an assembly, but given it has to cover at least 400 years before that point I'd guess it's something like the appointment of a new Grand Chancellor. I think it'd be stretching it to say that August and his generals lived and Adoulin was founded any earlier than CE 250-300.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

thanks for the dates..

it seems odd that Adoulin predates C.E. but Braga herself says Marjami wielded her blade over a millenium ago, and the game is, story-wise, perpetually set in 884 CE ++. Parts of the stories acknowledge the passing of months, but even if 10 years have passed 1000 years ago would put us >100 years before ragnarok.

Its also interesting in the sense that the racial representation seems fairly accurate? if this was before ragnarok it means the galkas hadnt fled Kuzotz for Quon/Mindartia yet.. none of the generals were taru or galkan...

but clearly the west (and east) had civilizations born much earlier than the middle lands.. especially since the kingdom of Adoulin was established much earlier than even San d'oria (CE 381)

Banned.

BG Level

Adoulin is as old or older than the Olduum? That seems a bit ridiculous.

I mean, Adoulin barely lasted 200 years as a mercantile nation after the Great Expedition before they were threatened with starving to death, that'd mean after August's death they went 500 without trading partners.