Cirdas (Shield Sword, most like PLD) male hume:
    Founder Order of Vocane
    Peacekeeprs Coalition Maester
    Security and Defense

Hennetiel (Polearm, DRG) male elvaan:
    Founder Order of Thurandaut
    Mummers' Coaltition Maester
    Entertainment and Intelligence

Marjami (Hagondes, Legendary RUN, usually together with Cirdas and Hennetiel) female hume

Yorcia (2 Daggers most likely THF) female hume
    Founder Order of Haverton
    Scouts Coaltion Maester
    Survey and Research

Jorius (Light magic, Banish Magic, most likely WHM) male hume
    Founder Order of Weatherspoon
    Minister of Justice
    Legal and judiciary

Ceizak (TH Dagger, was with Jorius togethe when Jorius overused his magic most likely RNG or COR) male hume
    Founder Order of Shneddick
    Couriers' Coalition Maester
    Transport and Inspection

Rala Renaye (Geo AF/Relic, Legendary GEO, errected the Geo-magnetic incantation that protected Adoulin from Demons) female mithra:
    Founder Order of Renaye
    Minister of Education
    History and Academia

Morimar (Warrior or Beastmaster, GAX, Still alive, linked to the Golden Tiger somehow) male hume

Yahse Karieyh (GAX, WAR) mithra female:
    Founder Order of Karieyh
    Pioneers Coalition Maester
    Pioneering and Agriculture

there is 2 members missing to fill the order of 12 (king august counts as 1), they are most likely tarus (current leaders of inventors coalition and minister of commerce are taru too, leadershiep seems to be passed down on to the next generation of same family or something like that)

Assigning the mithras to their coaltition was easy because of their last name. The rest were guesses.
    Assigned Cirdas to the peacekeeper coaltiont due to his job (PLD) and his outfit resembling the stuff peacekeepers wear now
    Assigned Ceizak to Couriers due to his outfit and because I think the couriers leader is hume too
    Assigned Hennetiel to mummers because the current leader is an elvaan too (the leader of pioneers and Renaye are still mithras too) + wearing the sem PUP empy gear as hennetiel
    Assigned Jurius to weatherspoon because of all the light magic/banish stuff during Quest mission, would fit in the club of banishers we have today in adoulin led by hildebert + he was hume too
    Assigned Yorcia to scouts coal.

Marjami is most likely: Order of Janniston (Public affairs)
    Morimar was most likely: Order of Woltaris (Finance)

still missing: Kamihr (taru most likely)
    still missing: 1 name (taru most likely) most likely called Xanira (Fontis Xanira in Adoulin, like Jorius Yett in Adoulin, both found under major landmarks)

not sure on Marjami and Morimar (even the rest of the members). If someone remembers stuff better pls do it :X:

it seems some familys have died out, Morimars successor isnt from his own family, same applies to Cirdas, could apply to others too, but usually the trend is the positiont is given down to the next generation of the family (see mithras, see hennetial, see others)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...05/detail.html

Spoiler: show
    the fuck at new quest, either Theodor is Hades or he is the one from the deathborne xol that converted over to August, at this point i doubt that Balamor and Theodor are the same person/being

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm more curious what Hades is now, as the concept art that we assumed was him appears to be the gargoyle-esque floating thing that they attacked in the quest.

Been thinking over how Hades knew how to reverse the Geomancy ward that was placed on the city. Destroy it, sure, but reverse? And as believable as the whole August was haunting the city to scare people into not entering the wilds, I've been wondering why Hades wouldn't have taken that opportunity to attack/do wtfever he's doing now. With the ward down, we've got Xol's curse apparently ravaging the population (pushing us into a confrontation with Hades), what's August got to do with it? Why hasn't he intervened? Has Hades taken control of his spirit at this point and he's powerless to act?

I really don't want this story arc to end just yet, still too many characters/situations left unresolved. Morimar, tiger, dragon, Hades, August, Teodor, Hildebert, etc. Even Rosulatia, the leafkin, heartwings, and the tree, what is their purpose at this point, and why did reviving the World Tree seem to do absolutely nothing beyond create earth quakes and such? It sure hasn't stopped Hades or Balamor.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hopefully Teodor takes us aside early on in the final batch of missions and tells us what his deal is. Probably before or after asking us to fetch him something inconvenient from the Rala Arboretum.

The whole "Hades walks among us and he decided the best use of his time was to be a really good accountant for long enough to have a reputation as a really good accountant" has bugged me since that reveal. I'm hoping for a pretty major twist on his personality/motivation/whatever. The Ghost-of-August stuff sort of falls into that area too, I think. I fear for the coherence and completeness of the overall plot resolution.

On the other side, the cutscenes in that last quest were pretty awesome, and I dearly wish we could get a chance to use the magic memory box again to see more past snippets. A great addition. But alas, it doesn't look very likely.

Also, aren't we missing a non-taru rdm in the list of famous dead people? I was thinking it was Marjami, with the hagondes and the lightweight sword, but apparently the RUN quests place her with them? Or am I just totally misremembering seeing someone in warlock/duelist duds in the fancy cutscene art stills?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Melvien isn't Hades he's just being possessed by him. This presumably happened when he checked out that book from the library that had ink all over the page when we look at it. Since it's noted he was acting weird ever since then. Melvien himself is probably dead at this point since Morimar "killed" him. Assuming he wasn't already dead to begin with.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hm, yeah, that makes a little more sense, though it brings up the question of how/why there's a book around capable of that. Is it a Beetlejuice thing, or what? Odd security hole for a World Tree sealing to have. But since we're still almost completely in the dark on who/what/why/etc Hades even is, there's always a chance it'll come together in the last mission patch.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

He's dead but inb4 "his heart is pure" and the tree of life Yggrasil/altana resurrects him. Death is never permanent for protagonists in this game. The story is a little too PG-13. Having some sacrifice with real consequence would be refreshing for a change. Lion and Nashmeira's brother coming back kind of devalues their deaths and frankly, it's becoming a little to predictable.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The artwork stills show the 12 generals in Artifiact armor. It's probably what they wore when they went on their final mission to Ra'kaznar. Before that, they wore their house's garb. Hennetial is probably the predecessor for the house that is in charge of the Mummer's Coalition, which is why he wears PUP AF3(totally clashes with the whole theme of what a Dragoon actually is, story-wise...). They wear what they wear in the cutscenes from Thirst for Eternity to show that they came from varied backgrounds and stuff. The AF could be them in their final battle or was what they wore in formal, royal meetings. Those artworks were also 'artworks in game; in that they were most likely paintings done of August and his generals, long after they were dead. Much like how Jesus probably did not have long hair and have caucasian features(he probably had tan skin and a more middle eastern appearance according to anthropology/geneology of people living in Nazareth in that time, or like how certain famous figures are show in reinassance art to be wearing garb that's probably anachronistic to their time or something they were unlikely to wear but was stylish/fashionable in the artist's time period(like Angels wearing Togas and Tunics).

Also Yorcia is a RNG and Ceizak is a THF I believe. Yorcia pulls out her dual wield weapons and mentions something about arrows during her CS(I forgot exactly the line but it was like something involving putting an arrow between the eyes of the target). Ceizak is definitely a more THFish.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

gawd i really need to do these CS now

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

They leave a lot to be desired. Like they're cool but they leave wayyyy more questions than answers. I'm trying to not get my hopes up after the catastrophe that was toau. At least wotg had the nation quests which were extremely fulfilling(especially windurst's with the bow of light and the true fenrir raping the yagudo army). I hope they can tie up the loose ends with a bunch of very long and satisfying cutscenes. Also way too many cutscenes take place in town, like a good 70% of mission cutscenes are just going back and forth to different doors and npcs and just watching and less difficult dungeon crawls. Like we a few missions that involve navigating ttheough rakaznar with truesight mobs that move at flee speed and are immune to sleep stun. As much as people hated it, navigating through the gauntlet of garden of ruhmet and the grand palace was actually fun, same with running through castle zvahl at level 60. It's become boring just running through the endgame zone to the boss door like with toau and wotg.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

ok i see what u mean.. but its good to see SOME of the 12 original order heads in cutscenes...
    i suppose they'll all get their order gear at some point?

also... we havent seen this have we

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2..._Monster_5.jpg

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I think Siren got mentioned all of once, I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot about her

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    I think Siren got mentioned all of once, I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot about her
    i wouldnt be surprised if she shows up suddenly, but then again SE just prolly doesnt want to deal with all the whining from SMNs about haveing a Siren Avatar. The bitching about cait sith (and still going after its release) and atomos was unbearable over the years.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm disappointed that TOAU didn't expand more on the Gordius. I believe in some of the quests/lore it was hinted that the Gordeus was one of two artifacts excavated from Alzadaal, the other being Lightbringer, but Lightbringer was given to San'doria many years ago as a gift. They're both similar looking archaic artifacts(the hilt of Lightbringer looks like Alzadaal-design, has like gears/clock shit on it), you never see it unsheathed but you can if you have model viewer. It also brings up the real life lore of the Gordion Knot and Alexander the Great. When presented with a knot which nobody could untangle, he simple cut it with his sword. One could infer the Lightbringer was originally meant to be combined with the Gordius in some way but that plot point was never addressed.

Lightbringer looks like Alzadaal tech:

What would REALLY be cool is if Lightbringer was inhabited by an Avatar but not Alexander. Would be cool if it was inhabited by Ragnarok(esper from FF6), I know Ragnarok exists in FFXI as a relic greatsword, but it's been established that those relic weapons are named after mythological weapons and are not the mythological weapons themselves(the lore behind relics is that they were forged by the best craftsmen during the Crystal War, also Gungnir- the relic weapon is not actually Odin's Gungnir, but likely named after it; they look nothing alike). In FF6 the Ragnarok Sword can be upgraded to Lightbringer, and when Trion wields Lightbringer, he is spoken to by another worldly entity and is filled with providence of a god(could be Alexander but who knows...)

Ragnarok is also the name of the event that occurs when Odin and Alexander battle and the world is destroyed. The main star inside the Alexander constellation is Gordius(heart/core/protocrystal of Alexander?)

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Hi, you're almost completely wrong. There is no way the Lightbringer is Alzadaal tech unless the Alzadaal were actually Zilart, which is incredibly unlikely. I can't remember specifics but the Lightbringer should be a relic from Rhazowa (the northern continent inhabited by Orcs and Elvaan) that was sent to San d'Oria by the Elvaan homeland in Rhazowa. An alternative is that it was given to the San d'Orians by the Zilart brothers, but I specifically remember it being Zilartan origin with the Papsque mentioning he was told to use it during the Crystal War by the Jeunoan brothers. Maybe I'll check the cutscenes later, but your theory, while nice on paper, would require some sort of retcon (not that they're afraid of doing this)

Zilart being related to Olduum however is likely/believable. As I recall the Lightbringer was gifted to the Elvaan along with the Eye of Altana, or perhaps it was gifted to the Quon Elvaan? It's been something like over five years for me I digress.

Banned.

BG Level

I think it's less that they forgot to address it, and more that they didn't have the time to. They did bring in Trion, and then he just left after accomplishing a lot of nothing for what seems like no real reason. It seems like every expansion has grander plans that SE ends up having to cut back on. CoP was probably the worst at this, but ToAU had its moments too.

Rocl's right about the whole path from A->B of getting the Lightbringer to San d'Oria being unclear, but I'd chalk that up to the Olduum never really being explored in detail. It's totally reasonable to suspect they were Zilart or Kuluu though, they're an ancient technologically advanced race which had close dealings with a celestial avatar.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm like 80% sure I remember watching a CS or NPC dialogue in which it was mentioned the Gordius was excavated by an an archaeoligst alongside another artifact and of the two artifacts, one was given to Sand'Oria as a token of friendship or something. It was back in 2007 but I'm convinced I remember it and it wasn't just a figment of my imagination

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

If it makes you feel better I perused some other threads in this forum hoping to find concrete evidence to disprove you and only found you talking about a similar theory 2-3 years ago lol

From the FF wiki (only site I could find that still has the XI world history): http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/H...of_Vana%27diel

Lasting for countless generations, the war between the two sides of San d'Oria raged through their lands. Finally, the leader of the Temple Knights, Ranperre, led a final assault on the capital. Carrying a mystical sword he found deep within the caverns of Davoi and surrounded by his vanguard of Dragoons (which would later grant him the name - The Dragon King) he led his troops into battle. His sword, the Lightbringer, struck fear into the hearts of both his troops and his enemies.
    I don't know where all of the extensive (mostly identical) "official histories" originated from.

Also doesn't really answer the question about where it originally came from.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Having recently redone all the first 4 expansion missions and a bunch of quests:

-Lightbringer and the song that awakens gods (Memoria de La Stona? Lay of the Immortals? I think they're the same thing) were artifacts around in the founding of San d'Oria. They were stolen and replaced by tablets in the Sando and Tavnazian cathedrals. The artifacts were recovered by deciphering the tablets, but the Tavnazian Cathedral refused to tell the San d'Orians what their artifact was, so they had to send spies to learn what it was. (some priest tells Ulmia this in the Three Paths mission)

-The Eye of Altana was found by a random soldier who fell into Bearclaw Pinnacle when the Royal Knights and Tavnazian navy were repelling Orcs in Uleguerand. It was used to put Odin to rest after his clash with Alexander ~884 years ago. (Romaa Mihgo and Gilgamesh's old friend in the Tuning Out quest)

-Aydeewa ruins predate Horutoto (Shantotto in an Aht Urhgan mission), so the Olduum people were probably Zilart and/or Kuluu.

Lightbringer being connected to Alexander and the Gordeus does seem fitting. Maybe unsheathing it in the presence of the Gordeus is a shortcut to summoning Alexander's spirit.

Banned.

BG Level

Maybe (sigh) Odin moved them, then? If the Lightbringer is important to Alexander it makes sense he'd try to move it away from the Gordeus, and if the Eye of Altana was used to weaken him then he'd want it out of others' hands.

Also if I remember, one purpose of the Gordeus was to be the power source for the Alzadaal Undersea Ruins (gigantic Alexander). Maybe the Gordeus is what remains of Alexander's protocrystal?