1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 8 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

1) Does anyone have any experience recovering their account without the so-called emergency token removal password? Obviously I have to call SE, but can anyone tell me what to expect and/or how screwed I am? My 1.0 token has never been used, perhaps I can call them and say I want to make that my new token?
    I had a similar issue where I could not access my SE account because my security token was not giving the correct code. I called SE and they had me verify the info on the account and removed the token in about 5 minutes.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It was something like "log into your Square Enix account and return to Eorzea!" Went to log in, none of my information worked (the homepage doesn't seem to ask for the security token). Went to do a password recovery, THEN it asked me for my token lol
    Call center is open tomorrow.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    You can also purchase the $20 "CE upgrade" thing and get the CE bonuses.

Oh. How do I do this? And will it give us the early access too?

Edit: I found this:
    * Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade Service

The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.

Source: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/index.html Click Important Notices
    So from I'm understanding, this won't even be available until Aug 27 so we can't get the early access.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

From what I'm seeing. If you want early access + CE items and you have a non-legacy 1.0 account you need to do this:

Pre-order standard edition pc 29.99 (for pre-order bonuses + early access) + do digital upgrade for CE items.

Then you're left with an extra key. I guess you can sell it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

or buy the PS3 CE, if the physical swag interests you.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    From what I'm seeing. If you want early access + CE items and you have a non-legacy 1.0 account you need to do this:

Pre-order standard edition pc 29.99 (for pre-order bonuses + early access) + do digital upgrade for CE items.

Then you're left with an extra key. I guess you can sell it.
    I'll try to post as best as i can

1) You want to get Head Start you have to
    a) Be Legacy Member
    b) Preorder either Standard PS3, Standard PC, CE PS3, CE PC (Digital upgrade won'T work imo because it's not counted as preordering)

2) You Want CE Goodies
    a) You have 1.0 CE then you will get the Digital goodies for free and the PC game for free (still need the monthly subscription)
    b) You have a 1.0 non CE, you have to either upgrade the CE with the digital upgrade or Buy a CE 2.0 (more in question 3)

3) OK but I want the physical CE goodies and the digital goodies
    a) You are a new player? good you need to buy PC or PS3 CE to get digital goodies and physical
    b) you are a 1.0 players (CE or Standard) You cannot apply a 2.0 PC CE Physical code to a 1.0 account, so not to waste this, it's safer to buy the PS3 CE ( or just buy the CE PC and give the game code to a friend or sell it!)

4) Do I have to buy the game?
    a) Do you want to play on PS3 ? Then yes
    b) Do you want to play on PC? (are you a 1.0 member then no you don't have to buy the game), you are a new player? Then yes of course you need to buy the game

5) What about Caith Sit and Moogle cap (You need to preorder any version of the game 2.0) So 1.0 collectors who won't buy the game, won'T get those unless they preorder

6) I want legacy status
    a) We don't care, you had enough chances
    b) Go on the Official forums 20 threads of whiny kids are made per day
    c) Both of the above

7) Legacy Account, vs legacy players vs legacy servers?

A) Legacy account are for those who paid for 90 days straight from January 2012 to september 2012, who gets a special discount, you missed it? see point 6
    B Legacy players are all the 1.0 players who will keep their Chars levels and gear, and a special tatoo!! (urgh i hate tatoos)
    C) Legacy servers are a server, made for awsome players so we don't kill the economy with our awsomeness (Ok maybe not )

What are the difference between LEgacy and non legacy servers

Legacy servers will be filled with lv 50 players and an exising economy while non legacy are mostly for new players

Legacy Players are not able to join a new server, but new players can join a new server or a legacy server.

Phew, hope I didn't forget anything

BG Level

PS don't kill me i know surely bad english and all

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I've seen this floating around. I haven't checked it's validity, but if it's true, it's a very nice visual way of determining what you need:

Square Enix: the company so great you need a fucking flow chart to figure out what version of a game you should buy.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I saw it myself, but it didn't really help me much.
    Yes I have 1.0.
    No, I don't want to play on PS3.
    No, I don't have 1.0 CE.
    No, I don't want the CE digital items (Though I might later. To prevent confusion, let's just go with no).
    Yes, I want the early access.
    No, I'm not legacy.

Problem is I've seen a few threads that state you won't be able to use the keys with an already active SE account and would have to make another. At this point, I'm pretty much just about to say fuck early access. What's a few days to a game I'll probably play for about a year or so.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Put $5 down at Gamestop. Get early access code. Make sure you get it before leaving the store. It should be on your receipt. Go to gamestop like a week after release. Cancel preorder and get your $5 back. Problem solved.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I asked that somewhere else and got a completely different answer. If that's the case, I need to go get dressed.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    I asked that somewhere else and got a completely different answer. If that's the case, I need to go get dressed.
    Please elaborate on where you asked and what ws the different answer

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Beta forums.
    There's like 50 threads over there trying to understand how to get in to early access for players at various stages of the game.

Here's the conversation:
    Me: I'm sorry that this has probably been covered a thousand times, but I'm still lost. I have a friend and myself who are 1.0 accounts and will be playing with two new FFXIV players. What I want to get is the early access. Since we're non-legacy, it doesn't look like there's a plausible way for us to get this?

Reply: PRE-ORDER...
    It was explained in the post right above your man....
    ANY pre-order gets you a few days of extra game...

Me: I don't fully understand. I'm guessing we're just pre-order the PS3 version, input codes on our account for the early access, refund the pre-order after 8/27? (Note: I just wanted clarification that the early start code was provided by the pre-order and not by actually buying the full game)

Reply: I will explain.
    If you PRE-ORDER ANY ARR VERSION, you get early access.
    It does not depend on legacy account.
    It's a PRE-ORDER incentive, there is no other way to get early access then to PRE-ORDER one of the versions of A realm reborn.
    check the offical site of the product to gain insight on the pre-order bonus here
    If you click on the "pre-order bonuses" tab you will see the information in detail.
    You can't enter the code prior to the game's release, you will be notifed of where to enter your contact information so that SE can contact you to let you know where to enter the information necessary to retreive the pre-order bonus.
    This included early access as well as in game items. The official date of the early access is not precise yet.
    You will receive all necessary information and product codes in regards to pre-order bonuses once you complete your order.
    Check with the Beta Purchase thread or costumer support if you have further inquiries about the pre-order bonus!
    I hope this helps!

At this point I just stopped with the thread. Looking at it now to get this, it appears I got my answer like 10 minutes later from another person saying the same as you. Preorder, use code, cancel preorder.

If you want to read the source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...l=1#post863478

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Keep in mind you can't use the codes yet. So don't cancel that preorder too soon. Just wait till after release. That's what I'm doing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I read that later on. Seems like it was what I originally thought, but I was confused because I thought I read somewhere else that those codes are only effective for new SE accounts however I realized it doesn't even matter since I won't be losing money anyway.

BG Level

Yeah no offense but i already have a headache today, not going on the beta forums

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzo1 View Post
    removed the token in about 5 minutes.
    Wow you weren't kidding. I was on hold for 20 minutes, but only 3 minutes talking to a representative. I dont even remember him asking me for my information. I filled out a ticket using my email, I'll assume he just pulled up whatever information was tied to the email. Dude just said hi, told me he suspended that token, and to have a nice day lol

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I wonder when they're going to let us enter the codes. I'm not sure if I'm going to cancel my pre-order yet but if I do it'd be nice to have a week or two long buffer.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So I'm in the beta now, just got home and applied the codes, found an installer on the beta website and clicked buttons. Is it a full open beta yet or do I need to wait for a specific time frame?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast