1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What about paying for this shit?

I see a card registration option, yet it doesn't seem like you can actually do anything as far as direct billing - its Click-and-Buy (which is a nightmare apparently) or UltimatePay only.

Excited as I am about ARR, if the payment options are still annoying... yeah.

You can add a credit card as a payment option, when you go to register new payment options, is that still click and buy? doesn't seem that way, as you can choose either or

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    You can add a credit card as a payment option, when you go to register new payment options, is that still click and buy? doesn't seem that way, as you can choose either or
    Its really very unclear based on the options. My best guess is that maybe the ClickandBuy or UltimatePay options then act as a "processor" or something? I miss just being able to fucking have them bill me directly without a middleman or some external body handling payments and muddling shit up.

I'm not really sure what the point of registering my credit card would be, if you're still required to create a ClickandBuy account too..

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Its really very unclear based on the options. My best guess is that maybe the ClickandBuy or UltimatePay options then act as a "processor" or something? I miss just being able to fucking have them bill me directly without a middleman or some external body handling payments and muddling shit up.
    No no middle man, I just tried it and was able to add a card directly as a payment method without having to go through CB or UP, but yea I agree its a very confusing system atm.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    No no middle man, I just tried it and was able to add a card directly as a payment method without having to go through CB or UP, but yea I agree its a very confusing system atm.
    So, re-reading this, it's automatic billing so long as we actually have an active option/character? It seems kind of silly for them to just not simply state that clearly. At least one need not fuck around with the Crysta stuff now.

So, re-reading this, it's automatic billing so long as we actually have an active option/character? It seems kind of silly for them to just not simply state that clearly. At least one need not fuck around with the Crysta stuff now.
    Not gonna worry too much about that crap for a couple months yet lol.

Where have you people been for the past year?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Yeah, selecting "About payment methods" is specifically for buying Crysta for some reason, so they don't mention direct credit card billing. If you go to "Register/Update Payment Method", you should be able to register a credit card for direct billing.

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Where have you people been for the past year?
    Not playing 14 or 11, I myself have never needed to use any kind of billing tied to SE accounts. But, yea Ive been pretty busy for the past year, thanks for asking, my wife and I moved, visited the Caribbean also.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Any word on discounts for people paying for both 11 and 14?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I vaguely remember them saying they weren't gonna do that after all. But I can't recall and have no proof or links.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I, too, vaguely recall the discontinuation of the dual-sub discount. (I think it was only ever a temporary thing and it ended in early 2011.)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

*This discount is available from January 14, 2012 to May 11, 2012. Please note that once this period has ended, the discount will no longer apply.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/topics/ffxiv/

All I could find atm.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

What is the main way to XP? Questing or Party XP?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    What is the main way to XP? Questing or Party XP?
    There should be enough quests to get 2-3 classes to 50. FATEs, guildleves, dungeon crawls, and a few other mechanics do very well in filling in the blanks. Grinding open-world monsters (party or solo) will probably be the least-effective method of leveling up.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Phases 1 and 2 were not perfect indications of the leveling curve due to obvious gaps, but the standard leveling path should basically be:

1. Pick up all available quests
    2. Plot a route, doing every quest along the way, prioritizing class/job quests; finish an area before moving on to the next
    3. Run dungeons as soon as you meet the entry requirements as long as doing so will not involve sitting around waiting for people; dungeon experience falls off as you match and then outlevel the mobs inside, and gear upgrades will benefit you the most if you level into them
    4. Participate in FATEs when convenient
    5. As hunting log objectives appear, finish them before moving on; usually this will involve killing a few extra of a mob you're already killing for a quest

Once quests are exhausted, you can still level solely off FATEs, dungeons, and the hunting log (progress is on a per-job basis). Until phase 3, we won't know what the most efficient routes are, but in phases 1 and 2, for example, there was a certain period of leveling where the most efficient exp/hr was actually doing a particular cycle of FATEs.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

It was a good idea to party up during quests as well. I had a pick-up and we finished an entire zone for our levels. If you have a hunting quest any mobs killed with the party are counted towards anyone with the quest active. Don't know if it had a range limitation or not. Correct me if I am wrong about that, though.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

So, I bought the collector's edition a long time ago, I dont have to buy FF14 again right for ARR? Also how much this thing cost per month?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    So, I bought the collector's edition a long time ago, I dont have to buy FF14 again right for ARR?
    No, you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    Also how much this thing cost per month?
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/ -> Pricing/Platforms

I don't even remember if I bought CE. Was that the one with the box that had the mug, book, security token and...map...thing?