1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    If it's anything like the 1.0 CE, the items code is inside the physical product.
    I mean for the preorder code.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Shinso View Post
    I mean for the preorder code.
    I can only guess, but I would say yes, they probably apply the items as well.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If I bought 1.0 and played that, but haven't received any emails about the beta this weekend or a key, is there anyway I can contact someone to find out wtf is going on?

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So I was a 1.0 player, albeit limited, and had the CE (._.), but I don't have a beta key e-mailed me or whatever. Is there something specifically I should do? I reapped for the Beta just in case because I figure..it's a beta and free, so why not.

I know i keep the "CE" items from ARR since I have the 1.0 CE, but yeah. All this shit is kindasorda confusing, though I've hardly followed so it's to be expected.

So any answers would be appreciated. Thanks :>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    So I was a 1.0 player, albeit limited, and had the CE (._.), but I don't have a beta key e-mailed me or whatever. Is there something specifically I should do? I reapped for the Beta just in case because I figure..it's a beta and free, so why not.

I know i keep the "CE" items from ARR since I have the 1.0 CE, but yeah. All this shit is kindasorda confusing, though I've hardly followed so it's to be expected.

So any answers would be appreciated. Thanks :>
    I'm in the same boat. 1.0 CE non-legacy, no beta key email yet. I also reapplied for the beta, but still nothing. This is almost as frustrating as trying to play at 1.0 release. From what I can tell reading reddit/r/ffxiv and the official forums, we're not alone in this. It appears that there are quite a few 1.0 players that haven't received a beta key email (not quite sure why they didn't just add access directly to the SE Account instead of an email).

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm not worried about 'hurrying to the beta' as I'm probably not playing retail, but was just mostly curious. I'm sure they'll come when they come.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Finally an Official SE update on the beta email.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1003001

Greetings,

We've been investigating the issue throughout the day, so I apologize for the delay in getting a response for you.

There are a few things I'd like you to confirm (even though some are obvious) just to be sure:
    • Check your email spam filter to ensure it wasn't caught there
    • Confirm that the email address registered on your Square Enix account "E-mail address 1" is up to date as this is where we delivered the notification. If this is out of date, you will need to contact the Support Center.

The email is being sent from [email protected] if you can search for that in your email as well.

If you were unable to locate the email, we request that you contact the Support Center so that they can assist you personally. I'm extremely sorry that this may impact your ability to play during this weekend's test and we're continuing to investigate the issue and will report back as soon as we have more details to share.
    It's BS, but at least they finally responded.

Edit: Albeit, AFTER their support center closed for the day and will not reopen until Monday.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

lol, yeah I haven't sent in a ticket. I'm gonna give it a couple days and wait and see.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Hi, so yea, i'm an EU Legacy member, but i've no idea how to get into this beta, i no longer have the client etc since i reformatted, i go to the apply to beta page and it tells me my e-mail has been used to apply before, which i did back during beta 1, the last e-mail i received was june 12th, and it said information on how to access the beta would be sent at a later date, but it hasn't been, anyone have any idea's?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

If you're legacy, then you should've got an email to get into the beta waaaaaaaaaay back in Phase 1. As a legacy person myself, they didn't send out beta codes to us for phase 3, because we should've already had access. If you can't find that email, then you need to contact SE support.

Getting the client is as simple as logging onto the beta forums and downloading it ("Getting Started" -> "Test Client Download"), once your account is allowed into the forums.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Hm. I don't think I was a legacy member, actually. I only came back to 14 the first time.. during the 'free' period they were offering due to the game being junk, :< I never actually paid them a cent, so I guess I'm in the 'regular' Beta app. Ah well. :> I do still have the CE, though.. so bleh.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

So I hear there are "legacy servers" which are going to be filled with people already at end-game. I am assuming these servers will be marked as such. I am thinking it is a good idea to start on one of these servers instead of on one where everybody is level 1. Only thing is I think I can expect AH(or whatever it is called) prices to be far higher on these servers than on the brand new ones yeah? So maybe it wouldn't be such a great idea after all?

Unless you have friends already playing on legacy servers, I would rather join a brand new one tbh. Everyone is on a level playing field, rather than catching up.

On the new servers you can expect to find mostly barren markets with a handful of people trying to level up crafts as fast as possible in order to corner markets and exploit them for as long as they can. Unless you're one of the people rushing DoL/DoH I wouldn't expect the economic conditions on the new servers to be doing you any favors.

On legacy servers you'll probably find a much more stable economy since there are already a bunch of people capable of crafting/gathering everything. People will have lots of money but that shouldn't really inflate prices much until you're looking at mid-level gear at least. Gil and resources will be plentiful as opposed to the new servers where you can expect both to be in short supply for a while. As valuable as your gil may be, if there's a lack of resources it's gonna cost you just as much if not more to get something that only a few people can make.

Also worth noting that the sheer number of high level people around will make getting help a lot easier, people like me with all 50s are gonna want to test out all our spiffy new skills and re-learn how to play all of our jobs. Likewise people with all crafts (like me) will be around to make and meld stuff for new players as well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Also worth noting that the sheer number of high level people around will make getting help a lot easier, people like me with all 50s are gonna want to test out all our spiffy new skills and re-learn how to play all of our jobs. Likewise people with all crafts (like me) will be around to make and meld stuff for new players as well.
    This is one thing new players dont understand yet. We arent WoW players. We auctually help people

I don't really buy into the FFXI/XIV community supremacist shtick, if the WoW community looks retarded to me it's only because I've never played WoW and therefore am only likely to hear the most ridiculous shit about it.

If there's any reason crafters would be more willing to help out in XIV it's because crafts are much less expensive and exclusive relative to XI. You don't need to spend exorbitant amounts of time and money to level a craft which means people are less likely to feel entitled to charge exorbitant amounts for misc. stuff. Aside from that the simple number of capable crafters around drives down prices and demand.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

I will probably go with one of the legacy servers then, thanks. I thought that was the best way to go anyway.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I don't really buy into the FFXI/XIV community supremacist shtick, if the WoW community looks retarded to me it's only because I've never played WoW and therefore am only likely to hear the most ridiculous shit about it.
    The FF community isn't really anything amazing, it just seems that way because the WoW community is so damn toxic when doing anything outside of your friend circle.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I have some questions about crafting. Specifically, which ones look to have been the most useful [cooking?], which look the most profitable endgame [goldsmithing?], and which have the most steady income [woodcrafting?].

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa View Post
    I have some questions about crafting. Specifically, which ones look to have been the most useful [cooking?], which look the most profitable endgame [goldsmithing?], and which have the most steady income [woodcrafting?].
    That's a really hard question to answer since we can only give conjecture based on .dat mined information. The beta economies are next to non-existant, the level cap is 35, and everyone is focusing on other content because the servers aren't up 24/7.

You can peruse said .dat mined info here: http://xivdb.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast