1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaope View Post
    3. Is there any proper bg wiki like for ff14?
    This one was heavily used for quests and such. There are numerous items databases around as well.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I still have a FFXI account and I didn't get any hermes boots making new characters. Did have the CE and FFXIII bonus items in the delivery box though.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Hermes Sandals weren't included in the beta for some reason. I haven't heard any details on what's going to happen to them or what.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

For those of you still missing beta keys with a 1.0 purchase:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ir-Beta-Invite
    To better help the version 1.0 users that did not receive their Beta Test email, we've created a special flow to get assistance from our Support Center. Visit the FFXIV: ARR Support Center Site.

Then fill out the fields using the following information:
    • Contact Category: Accounts/ID
    • Contact Sub Category: Registration Code
    • Contact Details: Blocked Phase 3 Beta Test Invite

Click "Next" (you will need to log into your Square Enix account) to proceed to "Email Support". In the Detailed Condition field, simply provide the following information:

• Registered Email Address (if different than what was entered in Contact Email Address field)
    • Square Enix ID

The Support Center agents will then review your ticket and Square Enix account information and if you are confirmed a beta recipient, we will reply with your Beta Test key and instructions on how to register it.

Thank you once again for your patience and we hope to get everyone into the Beta as soon as can.
    SE finally created a "streamlined" method for you to contact them to obtain a beta key.

I got my key from the phone support number about 30 min before this was posted, so cannot vouch for this method.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I have a friend that bought the collectors edition of 14 when it launched. He was wondering if he has to buy FF14 again to play ARR.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I have a friend that bought the collectors edition of 14 when it launched. He was wondering if he has to buy FF14 again to play ARR.
    No

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Hermes Sandals weren't included in the beta for some reason. I haven't heard any details on what's going to happen to them or what.
    Well they were only obtainable by having a FFXI sub going while playing FFXIV at the same time. Unless they are keeping that incentive they will only exist on characters already possessing them.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

They specifically stopped and have stated that there will be NO further promotions having to do with having both accounts.

Unfortunately, this means only your original characters will have them (not that they weren't fugly and useless past like level 5). This also means that there will not be any further "sub to both" discounts. I for one was hoping to see this return. I was looking for an excuse to check out Andoulin, but alas... no reason now.

A question... I still have a "friend code" from my 1.0 CE that I never used. Will it still work?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Info here http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...7f335bd8e176d9

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Thanks for the quick answers and links guys. He'll be pretty happy about this.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    They specifically stopped and have stated that there will be NO further promotions having to do with having both accounts.

Unfortunately, this means only your original characters will have them (not that they weren't fugly and useless past like level 5). This also means that there will not be any further "sub to both" discounts. I for one was hoping to see this return. I was looking for an excuse to check out Andoulin, but alas... no reason now.

A question... I still have a "friend code" from my 1.0 CE that I never used. Will it still work?
    I'm curious about this too. I still have my stuff from my CE in 1.0, but never actually used it, and only actually played my account when the game went free to play, lol.

I've never spent a red cent on it. :< Also how much monthly is this going to be? I haven't followed super close.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I'm curious about this too. I still have my stuff from my CE in 1.0, but never actually used it, and only actually played my account when the game went free to play, lol.

I've never spent a red cent on it. :< Also how much monthly is this going to be? I haven't followed super close.
    They've said in the past that they would honor all past friend codes. Doesn't mean they won't go back on their word, but I'm kinda banking on it, since I'm handing mine out to a couple of friends.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I read the beta roadmap and I don't understand something ( aka since I'm stupid)

They said character creation will carry from phase 4 to release which means that if I level example marauder in p4 it won't carry in release right?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Everything you do in phase 4 (except gaining PVP points) will carry over to the final release, barring game-breaking bugs that would force them to do a wipe.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Everything you do in phase 4 (except gaining PVP points) will carry over to the final release, barring game-breaking bugs that would force them to do a wipe.
    Cool so p4 is a beta head start nice

I'm confused about jobs and classes. What benefits are there to leveling, say conjurer to 50, instead of a white mage? They get the same skills aside from the white mage exclusive ones, right?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbabwe Justice View Post
    I'm confused about jobs and classes. What benefits are there to leveling, say conjurer to 50, instead of a white mage? They get the same skills aside from the white mage exclusive ones, right?
    A White Mage will also have higher base stats (roughly +20 to all at lv50). However, Conjurer has the benefit of equipping more cross-class skills and not be as limited as White Mage is.

I cba to look now, but I think White Mage is locked out of Gladiator abilities now, and maybe they'd want Sentinel for soloing.

A better example might be, on Thaumaturge, solo, I might want to be the class instead of the job (Black Mage) so I can set Cure/Protect/Stoneskin. Black Mage only has access to Archer + Arcanist abilities, so my surviability increases if I forego the stat bonuses and unique abilities.

BG Level

Class and jobs share the level

So lving CNJ to 50 will put your WHM to 50 and vise versa

Class advantage, You can equip skills from almost any class (up to 10)
    Class disadventage not getting Jobs skills or AF (yet)

Job well you get up to 2 class of skills you can equip as a 'SJ' but can set 5 skills max (depending on your LV)

Also SE said that Class are mostly for solo play while jobs were better for partying du to some stats difference

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

While jobs will always perform the best at their respective roles (paladin as tank, white mage as healer, etc.), classes have the "benefit" of versatility by using skills from other classes. Create your own class so to speak. Jack of all trades, master of none.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    While jobs will always perform the best at their respective roles (paladin as tank, white mage as healer, etc.), classes have the "benefit" of versatility by using skills from other classes. Create your own class so to speak. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Good we don,t need RDM then

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast