1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    You cannot access Vyldbrand (Limsa Lominsa, Marauder & Arcanist Guilds) without an Airship pass afaik, which is Lv15. You could travel between Gridania & Ul'dah fine at 10 probably though. It might be akin to running to Jeuno at Lv20 in FFXI since you can get kapow'd on mounts in XIV.
    The Ferry from Thanalan > Limsa Lominsa should be available at launch. It's only super high priced at the moment because they want you to get your airship pass before you leave during the beta. Not sure why but SE does as SE does.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    The Ferry from Thanalan > Limsa Lominsa should be available at launch. It's only super high priced at the moment because they want you to get your airship pass before you leave during the beta. Not sure why but SE does as SE does.
    Ferries in general are not working. I noticed one in New Gridania too that just doesn't seem to come...ever.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Ferries in general are not working. I noticed one in New Gridania too that just doesn't seem to come...ever.
    You talk to the ferry skipper. I don't think they're going to have actual ferries.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRuzhyo View Post
    Some other questions:
    Can someone give me a brief run-down of Gladiator, Pugilist, and Marauder? How they "function", useful stats, or what their niches are? I played PLD, PUP, WAR, and DRK in XI so I'm hoping for similar vibes.
    Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    You talk to the ferry skipper. I don't think they're going to have actual ferries.
    Well what I mean is that in that specific place I don't think there is even an NPC as of last week... correct me if I'm wrong. I remember trying to zone from there and realized there was no way so I went the other way to a different zone and had to go around.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

New Gridania to East Shroud? There's an NPC and it was there last week.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    New Gridania to East Shroud? There's an NPC and it was there last week.
    I actually took this NPC. I admit I kinda miss like.. Ferry Rides and stuff where you run around on the boat (or run around on the airship) instead of the 'cutscene to next location' thing. Then again.. I wish there was just an option of one way or the other. Haha. I wanna enjoy the scenery in the air!

But yeah, I think it's Old Gridania to East Shroud; it's sort of near the Lancer HQ thinger.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Is there a link to the spot where you upgrade your regular copy to CE?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

The service is not available yet and won't be until the game launches

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Welp

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Speaking of gear, the itemization for class difference does kind of make people want to loot something at random, just because they can but can't really make any or much use out of it comapred to another class.

Lets take for instance the Lv 15ish DPS chest piece with STR, dex, haste stats and determination. A gladiator can roll need on it, does it mean he should? Probably not, but he can.

Lv30 instance, INT earring, everyone and their grandma can roll on it, does it mean they should? no not really, but they can.

This seems fixed however, or "better" by lv 32, as there is a semi rare ring in there, and its basically called Whateverclassname ring, for instance the Marauder ring, only a MRD can roll need on it, or the Lancer ring, etc. It has stats for that class,maybe there will be more gear, mainly for a single class, so there are less problems with loot, and still gives chance for others to get it through greed, if that person already has it.
    So basically, this is saying that you cannot lot on job specific equipment without being on that particular job?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Semi right

The need option is disabled if you are not on the job

But the Greed and pass are available

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    So curious. Still not in the beta test (guess I have to wait until Phase 4 or whatever), but what do I do with the old 1.0 FFXIV install? Uninstall?

Also, I"m a non-legacy 1.0 player (never put down money on the game, only played during the free period) and have the 1.0 CE. So that gets me.. the CE Realm Reborn items, but not early access, correct? This shit truly is confusing.
    Yeah man, the game needs to hurry up and be released so this legacy/non-legacy, CE/non-CE bullshit can pass over.

With that said, there's a weekend sale going on for preorders at Green Man Gaming. Today would be the last:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...ont_forget_to/

25% off on the standard download as well as the CE download. So pretty much a go-to if you want cheaper CE digital items plus early access.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Semi right

The need option is disabled if you are not on the job

But the Greed and pass are available
    So basically the incentive to play a support job to acquire dd gear is gone buh...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The help me I havent paid attention to XIV since '10 and ARR looks cool so ma...

Nah just in pugs mainly. You can greed and if everyone passes you get the gear. Statics will be the best way to make this happen though.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

There was a point they were talking about being able to "need" a fixed number of times per week. I never saw anything official, but that concept seems to be out the window, right?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I remember that, but currently there is no limit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Supposedly that was only for endgame dungeons, so it's not like we'd have seen the system if it was still in place.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I think they said it's 3 Need per week? but yeah mostly for endgame dungeons

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

If they don't have a loot master system for endgame that's gonna be a lot of angry people.