1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    If they don't have a loot master system for endgame that's gonna be a lot of angry people.
    Really hope they add this. Obviously it would be disabled for DF parties, but its a necessity for FC parties.

Whatever happened to the whole gradual progression thing and token systems?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

It's still in as far as we know, considering you can trade materia in phase 4 for darklight tokens.

Did they actually refer to DL "tokens"?

I assumed you would just trade the materia for currency and use the currency to buy whatever, seems strange to make you trade in materia for currency and use the currency to buy tokens to then trade for gear.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Pretty sure he was just extrapolating 'currency' into 'tokens'. I hope there isn't some intermediary step.

Alternative answer: the difference between the meanings of 'tokens' and 'currency' is minimal. After info gets churned through the translation machine, I wouldn't even be surprised if we found official info that used either term.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Can the English client type in JP using IME? Or need to install Japanese client? I have a friend in Japan that has a NA account, but she needs to be able to type in Japanese or English. I'm thinking she needs to purchase a NA code, but use the Japanese client?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
    Can the English client type in JP using IME?
    Yes. Dunno about the rest of your question.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

just press ~ on your keyboard and you should type in JP

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just tell her to do whatever she normally does to type in japanese and it'll work.

E. Body
    BG Level

I'm gonna be a dick and just ask my question w/o reading most of this thread....

Where can I actually DL the beta? I've already registered a beta key, but can't navigate the lodestone or whatever ;x Keep having problems with my password too... Sorry it's early....

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forum.php
    Beta forums.
    Direct link:
    http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...ffxivsetup.exe
    Keep in mind phase 3 ends on the 15th and phase 4/retail will require a new client.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

e: nvm

E. Body
    BG Level

Gah k, Thx Kiarax Perhaps I should wait then.

Finally got it all installed, got my character from 1.0 and geez, after an hour or so this feels like what the 1.0 should have been.

I'm very impressed so far and if there's enough solo content I'll be playing for sure.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a wiki type site (I dont recall seeing on db) that shows all the quests/mssions? How/where to unlock jobs, how to get minions, how to get a mount, etcetc?
    I didnt really get a chance to play beta, so aside from walking out to the fields and killing random things, I never really got to explore.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Is there a wiki type site (I dont recall seeing on db) that shows all the quests/mssions? How/where to unlock jobs, how to get minions, how to get a mount, etcetc?
    I didnt really get a chance to play beta, so aside from walking out to the fields and killing random things, I never really got to explore.

The info is scattered around the FFXIV ARR Beta Forums. There's a very lacking "shop" list thread and NPC thread around. Use the search, it's decent.

You wouldn't download a car
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay, I have a non-legacy 1.0 CE account, I stopped playing before the subscription fees came.
    Despite not being a legacy member, will I still be able to play my original 1.0 character with all gear/progression carried over? If so, will I only be able to play on legacy servers?

Sorry if a similar question to this has been asked before but i'm confused and anxious to know.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Tyramut View Post
    Okay, I have a non-legacy 1.0 CE account, I stopped playing before the subscription fees came.
    Despite not being a legacy member, will I still be able to play my original 1.0 character with all gear/progression carried over? If so, will I only be able to play on legacy servers?

Sorry if a similar question to this has been asked before but i'm confused and anxious to know.
    Yes, and yes.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

you can transfer your character to other server, but the deadline is already past if you havent put in the transfer request already.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    you can transfer your character to other server, but the deadline is already past if you havent put in the transfer request already.
    I was wondering what will happen if you didn't put your application?

Exemple my 1.0 was on Durandal (JP) If i didn't put an application will it have stayed on Durandal or beeing transfered to a random NA/EU Legacy server since my account is NA?