Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have very high hopes for this. Thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of HR for a few weeks.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    I have very high hopes for this. Thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of HR for a few weeks.
    Same. I can't think of anything I didn't enjoy with HR.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's just a good series altogether. I have no doubt this will be just as good as the other entries into the series.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

what a pleasant surprise

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Kinda curious what the game will be about though

SOME SPOILERS FOLLOW, DONT CLICK IF YOU HAVENT PLAY HUMAN REVOLUTION
    Spoiler: show
    Just looking at what's going in between the time of HR and DX1, it seems like the self destruct ending is the 'true' one so it won't involve Jensen most likely, and also explains why Megan joins Page since it's assumed Sarif was killed in the explosion and you kill Zhao. That plus the fallout of the signal probably led to some mistrust to augs for a bit that led to their downfall, since I don't think either industry gets mentioned in Deus Ex 1.

Due to the title alot of people think it'll have to do with the fall of the Illuminati and the rise of the Majestic 12 since they went through the trouble of getting the same VA for Bob Page, and his voice is the one featured in the d project cutscene + this video.

If they put as much effort into this as they did with Deus Ex 1 or HR then it'll be a great game, it's 1 game I'm not really hoping to see rushed out the door(even though it probably will due to higher up stuff, alot of things were left out of HR apparently).

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Same. I can't think of anything I didn't enjoy with HR.
    The only thing I didn't enjoy was how they took content out of the game to sell as DLC later. Other than that great game.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I still need to finish the last level of HR @_@ More motivation to do it.

This literally made my day! XD HR was freaking awesome!!!

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Just looking at what's going in between the time of HR and DX1, it seems like the self destruct ending is the 'true' one so it won't involve Jensen most likely, and also explains why Megan joins Page since it's assumed Sarif was killed in the explosion and you kill Zhao. That plus the fallout of the signal probably led to some mistrust to augs for a bit that led to their downfall, since I don't think either industry gets mentioned in Deus Ex 1.
    Uh, what? Considering HR came years later, I wouldn't be surprised if Spector and co. didn't have much outlined for the mechanical augmentation period. All that was known was that JC and Paul were the brand new future of nanoaugmentation while Anna and Gunther were dated. It's what's probably gave the HR team an amount of freedom to define their game. It was either that or render Invisible War null and void (not that I wouldn't mind that).

There's still a lot of threads between DE1 and HR that need to be tied. This could either get really ugly or turn out well.

That being said, if they hold true to Icarus Effect and this game is about MJ12 taking over, then that means Gunther will be in this game. Quick, someone sabotage the soda machine!

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If it's more like Deus Ex or HR then it'll be great, as long as we don't get another Invisible War I'm happy

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Uh, what? Considering HR came years later, I wouldn't be surprised if Spector and co. didn't have much outlined for the mechanical augmentation period. All that was known was that JC and Paul were the brand new future of nanoaugmentation while Anna and Gunther were dated. It's what's probably gave the HR team an amount of freedom to define their game. It was either that or render Invisible War null and void (not that I wouldn't mind that).

There's still a lot of threads between DE1 and HR that need to be tied. This could either get really ugly or turn out well.

That being said, if they hold true to Icarus Effect and this game is about MJ12 taking over, then that means Gunther will be in this game. Quick, someone sabotage the soda machine!
    At the bolded part, I'm just trying to piece together would might be an acceptable scenario for both Sarif and TYM to not be involved in the Deus Ex 1 universe since there have been a few ties between both games to establish continuity, and both are absent iirc from DX1.

I really think they learned from the terrible terrible mistake that was Invisible War and are gonna try and make sure everything is set right for the next one. It's a good franchise and HR was very well received, so to fuck it up now would just be ridiculous.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Loved HR, but hopefully your choices outside of the last hour of the game will actually have an effect on the ending. My only gripe with HR.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

My gripe with HR was the outsourced boss battles. Everything else was very enjoyable.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

While that was an issue, I didn't really care about how linear the boss battles were only because you come across so many upgrade kits that it was easy to keep an upgraded lethal weapon even if you were going for a pacifist run. It did suck that you were forced to kill, but ce la vie.

I agree, bosses sucked but everything else was great

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Apparently this is an iOS game...

Source

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

IS THAT A FUCKING JOKE?!?!

http://i.qkme.me/352iio.jpg

IOS.......................lmao. Waste of time and money.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

god fucking damnit