Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Here, I compiled the full liveblog for those too lazy or weren't around.

Courtesy of https://twitter.com/rpgsite

• Here we go!
    • An introductory montage to open, FF14, LR, X, 15 and KH
    • Yosuke Matsuda, President and CEO taking the stage. Thanking us for coming.
    • Exciting announcements last night, he says. Two FF titles this fiscal year, LR and X HD.
    • FF has always been a focus of attention. Variety of fan opinions. Square wants to reassert how wonderful the FF brand is.
    • KH3 - very excited to work again with Disney, and making every effort to measure up to fan expectations.
    • Since last fiscal year and the earnings call and CEO change, Matsuda apologies for causing worries.
    • From now, They plan to stand strong and push forward in a much stronger way.
    Final Fantasy 14
    • FF14 boss Yoshida to take the stage.
    • Slated for worldwide release in Eng, Jp, Fr, Ger later this year, as we already know.
    • A new trailer - The Crystals Call. In game footage, he asks us to remember - even though it is an MMO.
    • The trailer begins with footage of the whole FF music and a mix of the FF14 and 8-bit FF1 prelude.
    • Trailer is a dramatic movie style one with a deep-voiced voice over. Introduces Eorza as a realm torn apart,
    • For an MMO, the footage really does look stunning. Familiar FF beasts all over!
    • Only Garlean rule can bring order to Eorza, says the Gabranth-looking judge!
    • By fire reborn -- airships! Called the Enterprise! And, of course... The pilot is Cid!
    • Rather cute looking Cactuars.
    • More Final Fantasy X HD screenshots http://bit.ly/169ciIX
    • Trailer ends, of course, with the Crystal, and a twisted version of the FF prelude - the tale of the crystal's demise!
    • A tease for what I assume is Odin at the end. PS4 version 2014, PC and PS3 this year.
    • Trailer over. Yoshida believes that while an MMO, 14 contains the heart and soul of the series.
    • They believe the PS3 version is truly special as well as the PC one.
    • They can say with confidence FF14 will be the highest quality MMO on Ps3.
    • 14 PS3 playable on the E3 show floor.
    • They see 14 PS4 as an opportunity to reach even more users across the globe.
    • The PS4 version will be cross platform. Data transfers from PS3 to PS4. Working with Sony for a smooth transition.
    • Why wait for the PS4, Yoshida says - you can start with the PS3.
    Versus
    • On to Versus, first with a rerun of yesterday's trailer. I’ll rest my fingers during this!
    • The screen here is massive and this trailer looks bloody great. is difficult to tell what is cg from visual works and what is real time
    • Also, there will be an interview after this - we can take questions. No promises, but we will try to ask intelligent ones!
    • We supposedly will see more of 15 running than the trailer, by the way.
    • Or so I was told beforehand.
    • Trailer's over. RIP Versus!
    • Shinji Hashimoto, FF brand director and producer of 15, on stage. He also produced FF9, my favourite FF.
    • He thanks us for our support of FF over the years and of the 15 announcement. He was so excited he struggled to sleep last night.
    • He reminds us that they have a huge amount of joy to announce 15.
    • Everyone is talking about hone next gen consoles. 15 is being developed with direct X 11.
    • With dx11, it's possible to port the title to various hard wares.
    • PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!
    FF15 will be ported to Xbox One. Applause.
    • New all in game footage from ther game now. Work n progress.
    • The old versus trailer music as Noctis is battered by a behemoth
    • Gun wielding troops on military transports. The scene where Noctis reflects their bullets, but in real time
    • Looks nice, but very much visibly real time over the trailer, easier to tell.
    • Some minor frame rate troubles, but it really looks stunning.
    • Numbers on screen when you hit enemies, as nomura promised.
    • Really looks like the next evolution f action based KH style combat.
    • I wonder if Square UKs experience working on Arkham Asylum was applied? I can see the inspiration.
    • Almost all of this footage takes place in a ver modern looking city wit Venetian like architecture.
    • Noctis swimming underwater in the leviathan scene.
    • A hint at stealth, possibly!
    • Trailer gets big applause. He thanks us. He says FF15 is continuing to progress into a more powerful and beautiful title.
    Lightning Returns & FFX/FFX-2
    • As we know, they are continuing to make their utmost effort to develop two FFs for this fiscal year - LR & FFX. Here comes Yoshinori Kitase!
    • Fans of the original and newcomers will enjoy the new life breathed into FFX & X2.
    • Lightning Returns has been extremely challenging, Kitase says. A sprawling open world, flexible gameplay, action packed battles...
    • He thinks we will be surprised and as "is this really FF?" Yes, he says, it is. It is the ultimate FF for the current gen.
    • Ali Hillis' silky voice in a new trailer. Sorry, she's still Liara to me.
    • "you gonna fight me?" lightning asks fop haired Noel? Yep, he says.
    • Trailer for FFX. We all know how this goes. Looks lovely, though
    • HUD elements look cleaner than most HD upgrades, I'll note. They're still a tad pixelly, though.
    • The lip sync hasn't aged too well. Now on to FFX-2. 1000 words playing.
    Kingdom Hearts 3
    • Now on to Kingdom Hearts 3. Hashimoto back on stage.
    • Another look at the trailer from yesterday first of all.
    • Matsuda taking the stage once again. Looks serious.
    • Kingdom Hearts 3 is a game he's looking forward to as a fan, and he awaits further news with excitement.
    • A guest from Disney who provided tremendous support for the kh3 announcement.
    • Co president of Disney interactive, John Pleasants joining Matsuda.
    • He's thrilled to have everyone here. Everyone knows what KH is, he says.
    • Sales of more than 19 million copies. An Important franchise for Disney not just in games but for books, games, toys and consumer products.
    • A mature Sora who will go off on new adventures with Mickey, Donald and Goofy. New Disney worlds for the series.
    • Expresses gratitude to Square Enix for their success, passion, energy and creativity. Disney couldn't be more excited.
    • KH3 will keep the tradition of the series, delivering world class story and gameplay to fans around the world.
    • Hashimoto back on stage once more. He's extremely happy KH3 is finally announced.
    KH3 is heading to Xbox One.
    • A first for Microsoft
    • And that's it! We won't live blog the interview and q&a stuff, but we'll have a full report up on the site later.
    • We're also interviewing Kitase-San later today; question suggestions welcome.
    • The Xbox One versions of the games will be released in Japan, they just clarified.
    • The deal where they don't release the Xbox versions of these games in Japan has expired.
    "More information will come" on potential sequels. The 15 universe is large, and there are many stories to tell. Sequels could happen.
    • That's a diplomatic way of saying there will be 15 sequels as with 13, by the way.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Doesn't change much imo. 0.o The one-two punch was already delivered.

Add in stuff like this: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/13...u-for-the-mpaa

Excerpt:

Microsoft has filed for a Kinect-related patent, and it’s a doozy of an application. The abstract describes a camera-based system that would monitor the number of viewers in a room and check to see if the number of occupants exceeded a certain threshold set by the content provider. If there are too many warm bodies present, the device owner would be prompted to purchase a license for a greater number of viewers.

No, really. It’s that blunt. From the abstract: “The users consuming the content on a display device are monitored so that if the number of user-views licensed is exceeded, remedial action may be taken.”
    Who would buy an Xbox at this point?

I will never purchase one now, even if they back off on the Kinect, the DRM, and drop the price. I will never buy an Xbox again. (o.O ) They could put a dark and gritty Megaman X or Megaman Zero action/adventure a la Devil May Cry on XBox and I wouldn't buy it.

...okay that last part is a lie. I'd buy it then. But I'd be really unhappy about it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

DRM that can be circumvented by setting a book in front of the cameras, or simply turning the thing around? lulz.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    DRM that can be circumvented by setting a book in front of the cameras, or simply turning the thing around? lulz.
    Ain't the point. Why purchase a product from such a company?

Why encourage it?

You gonna stuff socks in its ears, too? I am not being sarcastic. What measures need to be taken to ensure that the bloody device is not monitoring you?

This question is applicable to much in the digital age, so we might as well begin balking at it now, rather than later.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I do not own an XBox of any variety, and have no intentions to ever do so; so personally I'm already balking at it. I merely find such an easily-circumvented restriction comical.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleheart View Post
    Doesn't change much imo. 0.o The one-two punch was already delivered.

Add in stuff like this: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/13...u-for-the-mpaa

Excerpt:

Who would buy an Xbox at this point?

I will never purchase one now, even if they back off on the Kinect, the DRM, and drop the price. I will never buy an Xbox again. (o.O ) They could put a dark and gritty Megaman X or Megaman Zero action/adventure a la Devil May Cry on XBox and I wouldn't buy it.

...okay that last part is a lie. I'd buy it then. But I'd be really unhappy about it.
    Just FYI this isn't limited to kinect.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I do not own an XBox of any variety, and have no intentions to ever do so; so personally I'm already balking at it. I merely find such an easily-circumvented restriction comical.
    Roger that. o.O There is an element of humor to it, for sure, but that they are going down this road is a giant red flag to me. I do not understand the XBox folks who are intent upon buying the system anyhow.

Additionally, a friend of mine just suggested that this content designed to be used with the Kinect may well not function at all if it is not permitted to track you as its programming requires. o.o The entire matter is pretty darn murky at this point.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmir Rainteau
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

In before: Can't see any viewers ~~> turns unit off.

Edit: =|

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Judging from that XV pic, I guess XV won't be back in a high-fantasy/medieval setting. Such a shame.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sad, no mention of Type-0 NA Assuming it won't reach us.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    Sad, no mention of Type-0 NA Assuming it won't reach us.
    I have come to grips with this never happening outside the fan translation that was being worked on.... Speaking of haven't checked its progress in awhile.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's going well actually last I heard (about 2 weeks ago). They have the HUD and menus done.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    It's going well actually last I heard (about 2 weeks ago). They have the HUD and menus done.
    Yep just checked on it, can't wait til they finish. Played the partial translation patched version quite a bit but there was just too much stuff missing.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

since XV is being developed (redeveloped?) with DX11 in mind, I wonder if they will do a PC version as well

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    since XV is being developed (redeveloped?) with DX11 in mind, I wonder if they will do a PC version as well
    They said during the Q&A they are looking into PC development but have no plans for any titles other then FF14 atm.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They would be wise to acknowledge the superior gaming platform despite their hometown not giving a shit about it.

Either way, I feel assured that "the future of final fantasy" is promising. I think SE may have saved their sinking ship.

In case anybody hasn't seen this yet...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    In case anybody hasn't seen this yet...

Gabranth?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Stream is live

I hear voices from the stream! But still the same screen.

Edit: Live now!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4