Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Didn't see this thread. Hype train is full speed ahead:

https://soundcloud.com/343ndustries/...ame-soundtrack

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Is that the Gregorian chant I hear!? That's it, I'm all in, someone find me a deal on an xbone bundle!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I hoping for a bundle to come available next week - gotta wait until payday

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Sounds like they finally got the ranking system back to Halo2/3 greatness. ALL-IN!!!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Been listening to the tracks here at work...it's pretty damn epic. Can't wait to see how the story unravels.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

New Hunt the Truth Episode last night:

https://soundcloud.com/huntthetruth/...rd-life-shines

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Spoilers are out and I don't even know if I want to post the pics. All I will say is forerunner with a certain being yadda yadda holyshitwhat 343 moment.

also apparently chief

Spoiler: show
    beats the fuck out of locke at some point in the game

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Hearing Amazon fucked up and people have been getting their collector's editions early.

BG Level

I don't even remember how Halo 4 ended. Someone give me the tldr?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I don't even remember how Halo 4 ended. Someone give me the tldr?
    John jams a Pulse Grenade in the Didact's chest, it explodes and knocks him off the bridge (into the Composer I think?), John primes the nuke, Cortana saves him by wrapping him up in the hard light from the bridge, then Cortana disappears and John is left floating in space as a UNSC ship approaches to retrieve him.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Post Halo 4, Pre-Halo 5 stuff (from the Escalation Comic) about the Didact

Spoiler: show
    http://www.halopedia.org/Ur-Didact (Not to be confused with the Iso-Didact who fired the rings)

Unknown to the UNSC the Didact survived his fall into the slipspace rift. Hurtling through the portal along with a number of his Promethean constructs, he crash-landed on Installation 03 near the Composer's original location, the Composer's Abyss. Shortly after his arrival he was discovered by Spartan Black Team, whom he killed immediately upon regaining consciousness. The Didact was soon confronted by 859 Static Carillon, the monitor of the Composer's Forge and the keeper of the Composers, who had arrived on the Halo to investigate the recent activation of a service portal leading to its installation. The Didact asked the monitor to take him to the Composer's Forge, where he established a base in a deserted Forerunner city. He requested Static Carillon to deliver him a slightly damaged Halo installation, which he planned to repair and use as his final instrument of vengeance against humanity in spite of his earlier opposition to the Halos. In return the Didact told the monitor he would cease his creation of Promethean Knights from composed humans and that he would not bring them to the Composer's Forge, as Static Carillon considered the constructs abominations.

The following day, on July 26, Static Carillon informed the Didact that a Spartan team led by John-117 had arrived at the Composer's Abyss and had crossed the portal. However, the Didact considered the Spartans' actions inconsequential and decided that he would welcome them to "his world". The Didact soon confronted the Spartans, who opened fire; The Didact then summoned a large number of newly created Promethean constructs to his location to engage the Spartans. While Static Carillon fulfilled its end of the bargain, transitioning Installation 03 over the Composer's Forge, it also turned on the Didact as he had violated their agreement by bringing Prometheans to its installation. The Didact departed for the portal, planning to repair the Halo and use it against Earth; he also took one of the Composers from the Forge and transported it to the Halo. The Spartans followed in close pursuit, assisted by the betrayed monitor.
    Back on the surface of Installation 03, the Didact confronted Blue Team once more, intending to finish them off once and for all. However, John-117 managed to stab him in the eye with a combat knife in a surprise attack. Bemoaning his refusal to kill the Spartan when he had the chance, the Didact lifted the Master Chief in the air and crushed the Spartan's helmet. The Promethean quickly halted the other Spartans' efforts at saving their comrade and knocked them all to the ground. Before he could finish them off Static Carillon attacked him from behind and teleported him to the Halo's Control Room.
    John-117 soon arrived in the Control Room with the ring's Activation Index and confronted the Didact; the Spartan explained that because the Didact could not be killed by conventional means a different approach must be taken. The Didact became puzzled when John inserted the Index into the Core; he asked why the Spartan would activate the ring just to destroy him. John informed the Didact that he did not activate the ring's weapon but instead disabled its safety protocols; this allowed the monitor to eject a large section of the ring containing the Control Room toward the Composer's Forge. The monitor rescued the Spartan while the Didact was subjected to the Composers' effects, disintegrating him but storing his essence in digital form; John later told Fleet Admiral Terrence Hood that he believed the Forerunner was merely "contained", not dead.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

this motherfucker think he on a first name basis with the Chief smh

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Hearing Amazon fucked up and people have been getting their collector's editions early.
    Earlier than Tuesday which was the release date on Amazon?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    this motherfucker think he on a first name basis with the Chief smh
    I was about to ask, "who the fuck is John?".

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Yeah, I got mine early. I thought that was the case though? Get it early with key and all, but won't unlock until the 27th. I haven't installed it yet since I've been out of town.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Prior to Destiny, I hadn't played an FPS since vanilla Counterstrike in like 2001. Got hooked on Destiny, but god there are so many things in that game that drive me crazy. Really want to play Halo 5 (would be my first foray into Halo), but buying an Xbone for one game is kind of ridiculous. Am sad.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Don't buy it just for Halo 5 then. Forza, Gears, Tomb Raider, Quantum Break, Crackdown and a lot of other games are available (or will be by this time next year) as well.

Fuck Forza. Fucking arcade racer bull shit.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking of buying an XBone just for Halo 5 (and MCC, Reach, and ODST).. Waiting on Black Friday though, so it's slightly less ridiculous.

It shall be my Halo Box One!