+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 78 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Wait, will this game not be playable on a regular old PS4? Do I need a pro?
    I think you just got confused by the one person wanting the KHIII edition PS4 Pro. I did a double take too.

EDIT: Ah I see. You're looking a Adajer's post. No, you don't need a pro. But it'll look nicer I'm sure.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anything playable on the Pro should be playable on a regular PS4. Pro just offers 4k/higher FPS/etc options

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh thanks, yeah I was confused by that post lol.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So do I need to pick up one of the many enhanced versions of KH2 and finally play it? When it came out back in the day I was too obsessed with FFXI to play anything else. And now there's all these extra characters I don't recognize from KH1. I'm not even gonna try to wrap my head around the handheld/mobile titles.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    So do I need to pick up one of the many enhanced versions of KH2 and finally play it? When it came out back in the day I was too obsessed with FFXI to play anything else. And now there's all these extra characters I don't recognize from KH1. I'm not even gonna try to wrap my head around the handheld/mobile titles.
    You need to play (at least) Birth by Sleep, KH1, KH2, and Dream Drop Distance.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Kaslo nails it. I'd say those 4 are definite pre-reqs. The other games add story depth but aren't 100% required. Luckily all 4 of those can be played on PS4, with KH1+KH2+BBS being bundled together, and 3D being with KH2.8

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Naaaaah, I'm gonna pass then. Y'all have fun with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Naaaaah, I'm gonna pass then. Y'all have fun with it though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99hSFcl5LK4 - a 20 minute recap that's pretty well done. Come play with us in Jan.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Yeah man, just watch a video or read the story somewhere. I haven't played some of the in-betweens, including BBS, but it'll be fun regardless.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I wouldn't call them 'in-betweens' as they contain quiet a lot of story moving content. I feel bad for those that think they're just going to hop into 3 and figure they'll understand everything that's going on when right off the bat they'll be clueless why Sora's on a journey to learn to waken slumbering hearts.

If people like 3 they're likely to go back and try the others, I don't think you need to deep dive into KH if you just want to play 3. They're good games, KH2FM+ especially with BBS and 3DS being fun and experimental if not abuseable. I recommend playing them but if it's going to put you off it's not the end of the world.

Do some research if you want to get into the story even a bit (it's cheesy but enjoyable) I'm hoping KH3 is also just fun to play as a game. I put a lot of hours into KH2 and BBS after the story was done.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah even though the overall story is pretty much a mess (seriously) the best parts about every KH game is going to the different worlds and completing the "story within a story" of each world. The combat has always been hella fun too. As someone who's in the same position of not having played anything but the mainline games I did watch several videos that explain the overarching plot and I get it now but man is it convoluted.

Buuut... I might still get around to playing Birth By Sleep because it is the most important game lore- and history- wise. It seems to pretty much contain the entire backstory of everything important in KH.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I wouldn't call them 'in-betweens' as they contain quiet a lot of story moving content. I feel bad for those that think they're just going to hop into 3 and figure they'll understand everything that's going on when right off the bat they'll be clueless why Sora's on a journey to learn to waken slumbering hearts.
    I only refer to them as in-betweens because they aren't numbered titles.

I haven't played BBS, but I did play 3D and of course 1 & 2. Again, you can definitely read into the story of the other games so you don't have to spend 100 hours playing. I know I don't have that kind of time anymore.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Deluxe & Collector's Editions announced
    Press Release
    Spoiler: show

In advance of the E3 2018, at the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra - World Tour -, Square Enix and Disney announced that the highly anticipated action RPG, Kingdom Hearts III will launch on January 29, 2019.

“With the release set for next January, I apologize for having to ask for a little more time than what was previously announced” said Director, Tetsuya Nomura. “The entire development team is pouring their love for the franchise into Kingdom Hearts III and is striving to create a game that all players will enjoy. We are currently at the last stages of development but will work tirelessly until the end to deliver the very best Kingdom Hearts game to date.”

Kingdom Hearts III will be available for digital pre-order on Microsoft Store and PlayStation Store. Square Enix also revealed the special editions including:

Deluxe Edition - $79.99

• Exclusive steelbook packaging

• Mini art book with concept artwork by Tetsuya Nomura

• Collectible Kingdom Hearts III pin

Deluxe Edition + Bring Arts Figures ($229.99)

The Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe Edition and Bring Arts Sora, Donald, and Goofy Set bundled separately will be available in limited quantities for $229.99. Fans can now preorder the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 system versions exclusively from the Square Enix Online Store.

“I have been so impressed working with the Kingdom Hearts’ team. Their artistic commitment and attention to detail creating the world of our films is truly extraordinary. It's been a great partnership,” said Roy Conli, Academy Award-winning producer, Walt Disney Animation Studios.

“In Kingdom Hearts III, we are excited that players will have a chance to explore an entirely new adventure set in the world of Frozen,” said Peter Del Vecho, Academy Award-winning producer, Walt Disney Animation Studios. “It has been such a pleasure to work alongside their creative team to painstakingly recreate the look and feel of our world and watch them bring our beloved Frozen characters to life.”

In addition to the Frozen announcement trailer, Square Enix released an additional gameplay video, showcasing new footage from the previously released Toy Story, Hercules and Tangled areas, as well as the Pirates of the Caribbean world trailer.
    PSN - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...NGDOMHEARTSX30
    XBLA - https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/ki...%3aoverviewtab
    SE PS4 - https://store.na.square-enix-games.c...ts-figures-ps4
    SE XB1 - https://store.na.square-enix-games.c...gures-xbox-one

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/tet...ts-3-interview

Nomura confirms Final Fantasy characters will appear, just not many of them. He explained that when they appeared in the first game that it was because Sora was an unknown and needed something to sell the title. He isn't able to speak anymore on the characters until they are introduced.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Wondering if the game isn't going to end with a 'reset' a la Xenogears/Saga 3 when everything returns to what it was before KH1.

Kind of weird for them to include gummy ship for continuity purposes, but then limit FF characters that they have direct control over.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Kind of weird for them to include gummy ship for continuity purposes, but then limit FF characters that they have direct control over.
    Is it? He said they used FF characters to draw people to the game. Gummi ships are part of the actual lore.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Plus, the FF character's storyline is more or less done. KH1 they got kicked out of Radiant Garden (which became Hollow Bastion). KH2 they got Radiant Garden back and are now happy at home again.

Them having a lesser role is fine really. They can be a more supportive role for whatever Organization 13 shenanigans happen in RG, or maybe Noctis and/or Lightning show up in one of the other worlds or YRP are used as summons or something like that. I mean, we don't need a THIRD Sephiroth boss fight do we?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The Sephiroth fight was something I looked forward to in both games; I'd look forward to it in this one too.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Sephiroth fight in the first one was great. I felt the fight in KH2 was boring and easy.

I just picked up 1.5 + 2.5 remix today to play through everything again, plus play CoM and the other in between I didn't play the first time.