+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Didn't realize GT was doing this Timelines series. Based on their retrospectives, seems like it could be pretty cool. That said, sad that it reminded me of my problems with the official Zelda timeline.. stupid 3rd branch......

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Tetsuya Nomura would love to add iconic Star Wars characters to the Kingdom Hearts universe, if only Disney would let him.

Kingdom Hearts lives and dies on the strength of the characters it can attract. Yes, the franchise has spawned original entities, but the real draw of the series has always been in the Disney and Final Fantasy characters it features. Sephiroth throwing down against Donald Duck? Yeah, that's totally a thing in Kingdom Hearts, and this onslaught of beloved properties has made the franchise one of the most beloved among Square Enix properties.

If any one thing could automatically boost Kingdom Hearts' inherent appeal, it would be new iconic characters. Fortunately, Disney recently acquired both Marvel Comics and Lucasfilm. It's a silly question to ask Kingdom Hearts director Tetsuya Nomura if he has interest in Lucasfilm's Star Wars characters (because of course he does), yet a French Final Fantasy fansite called "Finaland" recently did just that.

"... we've been talking about Star Wars itself since it became Disney's content recently," Nomura states.

"When I heard the news I was like 'Wow! Wow!' Obviously it's gonna be great if we could add it, but like I said, there are a lot of restrictions and rules by Disney so we don't know what's gonna happen, but yeah, we'll see," he adds.

Is this a guarantee that Kingdom Hearts IV will star Darth Vader, Han Solo and Boba Fett? Not at all. Far from it. Nomura is interested in the idea, and the premise of Kingdom Hearts could allow for the integration of Star Wars characters, but as was stated above, Disney is very protective of its intellectual property - especially those properties as exceedingly valuable as Star Wars.

Nomura would likely have to present a convincing plan to the heads of Disney that outlines exactly how the Star Wars characters would be included in Kingdom Hearts, and why any of this might be a lucrative concept. Then again, this is Star Wars characters meeting and fighting alongside figures from Disney and Square Enix. If that isn't a recipe for comically huge bags of cash, I don't know what is.

Read more at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...pH4IySEcbiG.99
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ars-Characters

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Zero surprises that they are considering adding Star Wars to KH. Not sure if disney would allow it but I would not be surprised if they went through with it.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Would be awesome if they did allow it. Darth Vader secret boss fight....pleeeeease?!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I said it before, but a Death Star level can be phenomenal.
    On a different note, I wonder how many 13 characters Nomura will bring along... It's pretty obvious he'll throw Light into the mix, I just hope he doesn't make a shitfest out of it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Imperial March KH version

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yoda and Mickey together? Would be super easy/amazing considering how Mickey fought in KH2 when you did play as him was pretty much identical to how Yoda fought in Episode 2 with all those flips and shit.

Reference, Mickey from KH2:

And now Yoda:

Xenmas is already like some Dark Sith, Mickey is already Yoda, Sora is Luke Skywalker.

Seems like a pointless crossover, but whatver, it could be cool. I wouldn't mind fighting Darth Vader, as long as they don't dip into prequel shit it'll be fine. If Jar Jar appears in KH I will flip my shit.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

KH3 is not the final Kingdom Hearts, but it is the final game for the current storyline
    Kingdom Hearts 3 is the long-awaited conclusion to the RPG’s core storyline to date, but it’s not the last story creator Tetsuya Nomura wants to tell in the hybrid Disney and Square Enix universe.

Speaking to the LA Times, Nomura objected to a description of the series to date as a trilogy, and seemed to suggest that he never intended a three-act story.

“There was never a plan. As a core game, this is finally the third, and ten years have passed,” he said.

“In Kingdom Hearts 3, the battles that the characters have been fighting for the past ten years will come to a conclusion. That is the plan. But the series will continue. Only the particular enemy they have been fighting the past ten years will come to an end.”

One other interesting snippet from the interview had Nomura commenting on his working relationship with Disney.

“What world is available for the title is an important question. The counterpart that I’ve been working with at Disney the past ten years is the same person,” he said.

“We have very heated discussions about this franchise, and we’ve done that for the past ten years, but we have a steady relationship.”
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/28/king...of-the-series/
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/games...3-to-progress/

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

It is good to see that there will be a new Arc after Xehanort, but I got a problem with this

This took what 12 years (depending the year KH III gets out) to do Xahanort Arc?)

Please Square don't take 15 more years to do next arc lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    It is good to see that there will be a new Arc after Xehanort, but I got a problem with this

This took what 12 years (depending the year KH III gets out) to do Xahanort Arc?)

Please Square don't take 15 more years to do next arc lol
    haha I agree, but I doubt it'll take that long. The huge gap between 2 and 3 is due to a multitude of reasons such as Versus taking forever and pretty much every single worker at SE being pulled for the ARR project. Without those two things, I think KH3 would've been released years ago.

That being said, this is Square we're talking about, so who knows. I just wish the KH group could dedicate themselves to 1 franchise and not be tossed around doing different projects.

A will they/won't they game between Riku and Kairi on the Wii U.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    haha I agree, but I doubt it'll take that long. The huge gap between 2 and 3 is due to a multitude of reasons such as Versus taking forever and pretty much every single worker at SE being pulled for the ARR project. Without those two things, I think KH3 would've been released years ago.

That being said, this is Square we're talking about, so who knows. I just wish the KH group could dedicate themselves to 1 franchise and not be tossed around doing different projects.
    Don'T forget all the other mini KH games that still goes with the story but yeah

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level

Then XVI and more FFVII remake rumors, so KHIII should be out before 2020

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thank god! FINALLY.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://kh-vids.net/threads/d23-cover...-recap.142348/
    As Krowley posted earlier this morning, D23 confirmed the release of Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix. Along with that big reveal, a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 was shown. Because the event allowed no cameras and had no livestream, we won't have footage until they put up an official version. However, event attendees of course went to Twitter with their thoughts, and you can view translations below!

They're saying that the fight scene in the KH3 trailer has an "attractions" motif, but it reminds me of [parade] floats. (@shiki_13)

The new KH3 trailer shows something like attractions, a train summon like the electrical parade? Also fighting the Rock titan. Movements on screen are really dynamic. Just as beautiful as expected for the PS4. I also noticed a scene where it looked like a Keyblade variation where Sora dual shooting 2 guns.(@usamasuku)

Sora's new attack! Disney attractions! In the new trailer, you see the pirate ship from Peter Pan, but it's lit up like in the Electrical Parade! (@Master_Goof )

Fighting Heartless and the Rock Titan in Traverse Town. Sora is in front of the electrical parade attraction like boat, attacking. The Rock Titan line gradually appears in front of the electric parade coaster. It seems to attack by spinning around the Titan. (@aibo_ac7 )

They already said that KH3 uses an exclusive tool called Kingdom Shader, but seeing it, it's really amazing! Sora's hair sways naturally, his expression is soft and realistic, his caricature is portrayed beautifully. I want this trailer to be released immediately! (@aibo_ac7)

On the scene where Sora wields 2 guns, it seems that the guns are related to an attraction with the little green men. (@MelaXas )

リトルグリーンメン is what the little green men in Toy Story are called officially in Japanese, so maybe we have Toy Story confirmed. Maybe.

I thought it was the greatest to when I heard KH3 was being developed for PS4. It goes without saying that the action is great, but even flames appear really realistic! I can't wait to see what the magic will look like from here on out! (@usamasuku)

The special attraction attack used against Rock Titan is the Electric Parade like roller coaster you can ride! It looks a lot like the Big Thunder Mountain attraction from Disneyland. Donald and Goofy are secured by the safety bar, lol. (@Master_Goof)

Also, there was a scene where the Keyblade transformed into 2 guns. (@deareuphonium)

The KH3 trailer we've been waiting for centered on a battle scene with Sora Donald and Goofy in Traverse Town. It looked like Sora was using Aqua's Magic Wish command style. Lastly, the Keyblade separated and was held in both hands, shooting balls of light. Then the scene changes and we see Sora operating a boat like in an amusement park. Probably Peter Pan. It looks like the night version of the float that Peter Pan rides in the Disneyland Jubilation parade. The next scene looks like Big Thunder Mountain from Disneyland. You attack while riding on top of a shining coaster as the tracks surround Rock Titan, sending him spinning. Finally, Sora and co get off the coaster as it crashes into the Titan. This trailer seems to show practical in game footage judging by the movement conditions. The motif this time was the attractions of Disney. The latest KH3 trailer was only battle scenes that confirm the appearance of Sora and Riku. look forward to Roxas, Ven, and the rest from here on out. (@ohkasaeki)

All translations are thanks to the diligent work of SQEX☆GAL.

We'll of course keep you all updated with further impressions and reports from the event. Here's hoping the trailer is uploaded soon!

What do you all think? Might we see a Toy Story world? Is the trailer so heavily steeped in Disney because it was shown at a Disney event, or does this possibly lend itself to Kingdom Hearts being featured in the Disney parks? Let us know what you think!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server