Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure if anybody cares, but they're bringing all the previous games to Xbox finally, lol

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Available on PlayStation 4 on January 23, 2020 and Xbox One on February 25, 2020

Leaked early

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A bunch of boss fights and Final Fantasy characters, I'm fucking in!

I gotta get my butt in gear and do crit mode though. Haven't even gotten through Olympus

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Available on PlayStation 4 on January 23, 2020 and Xbox One on February 25, 2020

Leaked early
    ReMIND—the other tale that unfolded during the climax of Kingdom Hearts III. Determined to rescue Kairi, Sora travels to the Keyblade Graveyard a short time before the final battle was to take place. Lacking a corporeal form, he traces the hearts of the seven guardians of light. Through experiencing their personal battles firsthand, Sora is about to discover truths that he has never before imagined.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Liked the trailer a lot. Hope it cuts out a lot of the Disney fluff in it, which I assume it will, so that it can be all KH original stuff.

Kind of weird how Riku is interacting with the FF characters. I don't think they've ever spoken on screen before? Hoping Kairi gets some much needed development. That last attack she does at the end is pretty baller.

Also praying for a balance patch. Guard fix and minimum damage, yadayada. Finished a second Lv. 1 critical playthrough about a month ago, and guard being busted makes it 50/50. Chip damage makes things take way too long as well, even with Ultima.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Watching the trailer again, in a not so long ago era this shit would have been some sort of story essential handheld game on who knows what console (I guess the switch is the only option?), So I'm actually quite happy it's a DLC

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I just bought this game on offer, will see if I like it enough to get the dlc next year.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fucking finally we have Final Form again!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did some testing on the new update.

Guard doesn't seem that much better, it might be a tiny bit.

Main game boss spoilers below to explain guard:

Spoiler: show

Aqua: Her DM still hits you. It's a 50/50. Same with her big ice projectiles. Not as bad as her DM, but you can still get clipped.
    Marluxia: DM Scythe spin still breaks through. Worse when Larxene is still active.

Dark Inferno:
    Guard wasn't ever too bad on this guy. His one problem is his orb attack. It can ignore your guard even when its frames are active. This is most likely because sometimes (randomly) one of the orbs hits you from behind before the others hit the front. So may be more of a move issue than guard.

Played around with both of the new keyblades, they're cool. The real fun stuff is the new abilities. They are very nice, fun and fast.

Now, the issue with them. They don't unlock unless you clear the game OR start NG+ from a completed save file. They aren't from bosses. My non-NG+ critical file has them. My critical file that is at
    Aqua
    does not have them. My Lv. 1 NG+ file has them. A brand new NG+ file gets them right away. Kind of unfortunate that they lock the abilities behind NG+/cleared game save. They really should have spread them out around the bosses of the game.

Didn't try anything on my completed Lv. 1 file, so not sure if damage scaling is better, but Lv. 30 against Dark Inferno didn't seem like damage was any better than usual.

Excited for the actual DLC to drop tonight. Hope the superbosses are great.

EDIT: Forgot to mention some music and cutscenes were altered. Music appears to be orchestral. Some scenes play a little differently. Right before final battle below

In the scene where all the keyblade wielders show up after KH appears. They'd do a short dialogue then Donald/Goofy walk up to Sora and do their whole thing. This was changed. Donald/Goofy arrive first and talk with Sora. The rest of the wielders slowly trickle in.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Watched someone playing the DLC, it's already released in Australia and I honestly wish you could skip straight to limit cut, the story just patches the holes in keyblade graveyard-- holes that shouldn't have been there in the first place but gotta rush out that product!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I can't wait for tonight. I have a proud file for a normal playthrough, plus a critical file that's decked out. Donald/Goofy literally destroy enemies before I can even get to them. (it's a lot of stat boosts, but it's totally worth it)

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Boy I hope you're not looking forward to using donald and goofy in the dlc because I've got some terrible news for you.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Not at all. I know they aren't involved in the dlc (at least that we've seen), but I still find it hilarious that Donald and Goofy can clear pretty much anything with me just standing there.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Not creating a new thread for this..
    Square Enix tonight announced Project Xehanort, the working title for a new game coming this Spring for iOS, Android and Amazon.
    https://kotaku.com/new-kingdom-heart...ile-1841167688

Didn't they say KH3 was the end of Xehanort's story?

Also, what's the verdict on re mind? Is it worth getting, or should I just wait for the inevitable collection on the PS6/7 before KH4?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It might be the end, doesn't stop them from exploiting everything in the middle.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    It might be the end, doesn't stop them from exploiting everything in the middle.
    That is the literal definition of what the KH franchise is.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    That is the literal definition of what the KH franchise is.
    A truer statement in this thread there is not.