+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finished Re: Mind. Did it at critical Lv. 30. Overall, was disappointed. It took about 4-5hrs to complete. I have not done Limit Cut (superbosses) yet. Well, I tried, but Lv. 30 isn't letting me learn the fights at all. I'll spoil the rest below.

Re: Mind
    Spoiler: show

The first 2hrs or so are straight up garbage. It's a bunch of rehashed fights we've already done, and some cutscene changes or expansion. The expansions are great, the rest is not.

You can choose who to play as in some fights (Roxas, Kairi, Aqua, Riku). Some fights force you into that character for a short period. This isn't a big deal, however on critical, your allies are shit and just like in the main game, you're fighting 2 at once. The main issue where this is really present is the following fight: Aqua + Ventus vs Terranort + Vanitas.

Unlike in the other fights, you actually need to deplete one of their HP by about 50% before you can take control of Sora. The devs thought it was a very smart idea to only give 1 Potion, 1 Ether to Aqua. If you die in the fight, you cannot add more items. You're stuck with a very limited character. If you manage to get Vanitas or Terranort 1 v 1, it's not terrible. However, it's 100% always going to be Vanitas and Terranort against you, attacking at the same time, and one of the interrupting your combos on the other (mainly Terranort with his sliding attack). When I did my Lv. 1, this was the hardest fight. The part with Aqua is the hardest in Re: Mind, in my opinion, but only until you get access to Sora.

One very big problem fight is Armored Xehanort, where you're Sora and Kairi. Mechanically, this isn't a bad fight. What makes this a terrible fight is the camera. Xehanort constantly summons fire pillars beneath you. And multiple in succession. With the way this fight plays out, you're mainly in the air. When you're in the air, you cannot see the X on the ground when/where he's doing the pillar. They come out even if he's staggered. So you get ass blasted constantly. Later on in the fight, he starts summoning them from above you, where the camera doesn't appear. It's not a good fight, and I expect the data fight to be the same.

Plot wise, didn't really enjoy it much. To access the true/secret end you have to
    defeat all 14 super bosses.
    Have fun.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How long is it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Finished Re: Mind. Did it at critical Lv. 30. Overall, was disappointed. It took about 4-5hrs to complete. I have not done Limit Cut (superbosses) yet. Well, I tried, but Lv. 30 isn't letting me learn the fights at all. I'll spoil the rest below.

Re: Mind
    [spoiler]

Plot wise, didn't really enjoy it much. To access the true/secret end you have to
    defeat all 14 super bosses.
    Have fun.
    Just going to watch that on youtube.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, this feels like I wasted money, lol. The extended end section should have just been patched in for free, while the limit cut fights feel like they might be out of my league so I will probably just YT the secret ending...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I guess the best thing to come out of the DLC is the photo mode to make memes

https://i.redd.it/u0mdgkphrlc41.jpg

https://i.redd.it/zzpudi3z7lc41.jpg

https://i.redd.it/d7vgqv8p5kc41.jpg

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Having finished the main story, I'll just say this. This thing is a ripoff for $30.

Considering it's really just an extended ending sequence + 14 superbosses. It should've been $10 at most.

Gonna second that, definitely not worth the price. The bosses are nice but not worth that much, the cutscenes aren't exactly umwelcome but was clumsily done (rather than integrate with the main game lol) and very overpriced.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Nomura needs to stop being a spaz and give us Versus XIII already.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think it's SE that won't let him. All this Verum Rex shit just shows that he really wants to do it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I think it's SE that won't let him. All this Verum Rex shit just shows that he really wants to do it.
    I really don't even care if it ends up being Kingdom Hearts 4. I just want the original Versus story told, it being tagged a "Final Fantasy" is irrelevant to me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

SE definitely wouldn't let him, which is a shame. It's the one project I want to really see be brought to fruition. The bits and pieces of info we got from it was so good.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Having finished the main story, I'll just say this. This thing is a ripoff for $30.

Considering it's really just an extended ending sequence + 14 superbosses. It should've been $10 at most.
    Blows my mind that it took nearly a year if that's all it is. Then again, it's SE, so..

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Kind of jumping the gun, but I think I really like the new data org. I'm only 6/14 done on critical so far, but outside of Saix, I think they're all fairly well made.

Dark Riku can go get fucked though.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Considering that the Final Mix editions of KH1 and 2 are more or less the exact same kind of additions to those games as the DLC is to KH3, yeah $30 is a lot for what we get, but it's also way cheaper then just re-buying a KH3FM later on.

Buuuuuuuut knowing SE, we'll get a KH3FM on PS5 >_>

And the premium menus are really nice. EZ codes for people who want... well, an easy experience lol. And the PRO codes for all the annoying fucks who complained the game was too easy with no challenge.

The only reward for completing all the challenges is a trophy for each EZ/PRO. Would have been nice if you got an additional keyblade (on top of Oathkeeper/Oblivion, both of which are very fun) like a new FF Fenrir keyblade or Guardian Soul or etc, etc, for completing each set of challenges too.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

FM at least gives you cause to replay the whole game with enhancements that are prominent throughout the whole thing.

$30 for a longer ending sequence (not integrated into the actual game btw) and superbosses? Gtfo.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What enhancements? Slightly better graphics and framerate? TF are you talking about? FM for both KH 1 and 2 has been critical mode, super bosses and a new secret movie. CM isn't in the base games.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Like, what am I missing here? What do you get out of a FM version of these games that we haven't gotten out of a combination of DLC and free updates for KH3 so far?

And yet, FM versions are better then getting DLC because.... You get to pay full price again? Just a few years later on a different console?

I'm not saying $30 is justifiable but seriously, what the fuck am I missing here that you're going off about Tyrath?

What did we get on top of what I listed above with the DLC? New forms? Yep. More story? Yep. Options to alter how you play the entire game again (both easier and harder)? Yep. And that latter one isn't even available in any other KH game.

And yet, despite being the exact same fucking thing, a FM version of the game is better because.... You pay full price again.

Okay.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Like, what am I missing here? What do you get out of a FM version of these games that we haven't gotten out of a combination of DLC and free updates for KH3 so far?

And yet, FM versions are better then getting DLC because.... You get to pay full price again? Just a few years later on a different console?

I'm not saying $30 is justifiable but seriously, what the fuck am I missing here that you're going off about Tyrath?

What did we get on top of what I listed above with the DLC? New forms? Yep. More story? Yep. Options to alter how you play the entire game again (both easier and harder)? Yep. And that latter one isn't even available in any other KH game.

And yet, despite being the exact same fucking thing, a FM version of the game is better because.... You pay full price again.

Okay.
    It's like the Pokemon DLC all over again

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Playing this now and I have not touched the game since I beat it last year. Trying to do that first boss fight was a learning curve for me to remember that I was going to get juggled more than a tekken match. Lv38 proud mode lmao