Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not even in 2016??!?! I mean, I understand no hope for 2015... but don't crush my little glimmers of hope for 2016 ;_;

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Not even in 2016??!?! I mean, I understand no hope for 2015... but don't crush my little glimmers of hope for 2016 ;_;
    Until FF15 is out, there is no hope.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

But expecting XV this year is not that silly I think?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I wouldn't be surprised to see a global release of 15 towards the holiday season... then again this is SE and the game has been in production for a decade now, so who knows...

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    But expecting XV this year is not that silly I think?
    Nah it's feasible, but then again its FF15. But I don't expect to see KH3 a year after FF15 if it comes out this year.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

They have till june to announce it if they want it this year.

Usually big titles are announced minimum 6 months before release

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

E3 or bust basically.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I figured it wasn't going to be out until next year, which would give me a year or so to get the PS4 to play this on. (Seriously doubt it'll end up on pc, tho I have a good rig to play that on)

But let's hope we can see some info; I'd like to see what the new outfit's going to be like at least!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but a lot of the KH staff are working on FF15 right? But the BBS team from Osaka is working on KH3 with Nomura now too? And KH3 isn't getting forced onto that Luminous engine but instead they're using Unreal which should help speed up the process too right?

I don't think the game has a chance to come out before FF15, but rather, I like to hope that it won't be too long after 15 comes out that KH3 will follow.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

There was never any indication of it coming out in 2015. Nomura said himself that announcing that it was even in development was rush and that they didn't like it because it wasn't going to be seen again for a while, he wanted to announce it in 2015 after XVs release.

I thought XV was slated for a Summer 2015 time slot?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

At this point, no one thinks KH3 will come in 2015. There's also no word about even a general idea for when FFXV will come out. Heck, there's even some debate as to whether the demo will be ready in time for Type-O's release

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

It's imo unrealistic for SE to release 2 big franchise and (long awaited games) in the same year so even if XV is in 2016 KH would be 2017 imo

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

2018 would be more realistic as we have nothing for KH3 other than what they have thought up as idea and concept.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    It's imo unrealistic for SE to release 2 big franchise and (long awaited games) in the same year so even if XV is in 2016 KH would be 2017 imo
    These days, for sure. Back in the day it wasn't odd to see Square(soft) release games on almost a yearly bases, with sometimes 2-3 big name games coming out like iirc, Romancing SaGa and FFV came out in the same year, while RS was unknown out west largely, it was a big title in Japan.

Just seems like their fascination with FFXIV truly threw things out of whack..or the fact they're too busy dodging a FFVII remake (not that I don't mind, I hate FFVII) but the many ports and spinoffs and such seem to be taking dev time away from actual projects. SquareEnix is the only company that's afraid of money.

Well games do take a lot longer to make these days (especially at the quality people expect from AAA) so it's less reasonable to expect 2+ major titles in a year. Considering AAA 20+ years ago was sprites and 16 bit graphics leading into the first 3D games which are so low poly it only takes a little longer than sprites I am not surprised it has slowed down.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I sometimes wouldn't mind a regression of graphical fidelity and go back to 16-32bit era of gaming but I know that a vast majority of people would consider it an eyesore and would rule it out as being crap because something else looks better.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I sometimes wouldn't mind a regression of graphical fidelity and go back to 16-32bit era of gaming but I know that a vast majority of people would consider it an eyesore and would rule it out as being crap because something else looks better.
    In general we do see this to some degree, indie games and simpler graphics are appearing all over

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    In general we do see this to some degree, indie games and simpler graphics are appearing all over
    And doing far better and getting far more recognition. Some exceptions like Last of Us and such, but when you look around..the simplier/less graphically 'awesome' games are indie games getting the accolades, not the "oh so real I can feel it in my nether regions" graphically games from AAA studios.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Couple of points to throw out here:

FFXV is 55% done after two years.
    Since KH2, Disney has acquired Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars and Frozen has become number one.

To me, XV is easily 2+ years out. I'm thinking Winter 2016 - Summer 2017. KH3 is possibly not even scripted since Star Wars and Frozen are awfully recent. And, I would think, Disney would want them in, but who knows?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

TAKE THAT NAYSAYERS HERE'S IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE OF A 2015 RELEASE
    http://abload.de/img/kh3rkuxd.jpg
    checkmate