+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I see, though I still disagree with you.

Not in a financial sense but when you look at games overall, especially when you narrow the view down to things related to RPGs it still has to be a net positive experience over Persona 5 or Automata or FFXV. Further down FF7R has to be better than those and potentially KH3 too, though I'm being overly optimistic because of P5 and Automata.

I mean if it comes out this year it'll be a pretty easy comparison when looking at games overall for the year.
    Well my argument is the fact that its NOT going to come out this year, can you think of a game it might compete with in 2018? 2019? There's nothing in the forseeable future, so it'll probably do very well for itself because there's just not going to be much it has to compete against because Atlus is going to be patient with Persona 6, and Square Enix owns and publishes Nier anyway.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Maybe we'll get piecemeal episodic releases like 1 world at a time. It's worked with Hitman, we're getting it with FF7RE, so it could happen.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Did it work with Hitman? I hate that shit so please no.

Also Hitman barely had much of a story. Wouldn't work for a game like KH.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Episodic releases are something an RPG should never get. And yeah, I know FF7RE, but that's because SE is way over their heads and I still think this will not end very well.

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    Well my argument is the fact that its NOT going to come out this year, can you think of a game it might compete with in 2018? 2019? There's nothing in the forseeable future, so it'll probably do very well for itself because there's just not going to be much it has to compete against because Atlus is going to be patient with Persona 6, and Square Enix owns and publishes Nier anyway.
    Like I said, I don't disagree with you financially, but the bar for good RPGs (action or otherwise) has been raised since at the very least FFXV so this shit gonna have to be great. Not that FFXV did a whole lot for RPGs in general except for maybe being open world.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

KH may do well with additional worlds opened up later on as DLC, but for the initial game already being somewhat fragmented between multiple storylines feeding into the main one fracturing it again for multiple installments just doesn't seem like the smart thing to do. It *is* still a game aimed at a slightly younger audience after all.

That, and I'm not sure SE is dumb enough (or are they...) to do 2 of their most hyped titles as episodic releases and have it blow up in their face. If anything, KH3 is their hedge for FF7R part 2 and 3 not doing hot.

Also, episodic KH would either make a remaster or X.whatever difficult to not compete, or space out installments so wide that people wouldn't care.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    That seems more then plausible. Game was announced when? Back in 2015?
    2013 and the only time we've ever really gotten any details was out of D23, 2 years ago we got Big Hero 6 will be featured, this year we're hoping for more information as they've been more reliant on showing content then rather during E3 -- the only time this wasn't the case was during the initial announcement.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I really REALLY hope there's no 'additional world' DLCs. The core story of each game progresses through going from world to world. So adding a new world after the main story is over seems really redundant and utterly pointless.

I mean, costume DLC, fancy keyblade (that aren't buy to win) designs, stupid stuff like that makes sense for this series.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

If keyblades have abilities bound to them like KH2, depending on what type of combat the game favors anything with combo master or air combo master will be the best unless something with +50str +50magic is added and even then it would be a very close eh just because scaling of those stats in previous titles is always so minimal even at a Lv.1 play through.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

There's a ton of potential for dlc with KH. Unfortunately, like everyone else, SE has jumped on the dlc train whole hog so there will almost certainly be dlc for KH as well. Considering how much bank the XIV mog shop must make them, I can't say I blame them...

It depends on what mechanics the game is going to use but things like summons, additional treasure chests, keyblades and outfits I could definitely see them offering as dlc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I really REALLY hope there's no 'additional world' DLCs. The core story of each game progresses through going from world to world. So adding a new world after the main story is over seems really redundant and utterly pointless.

I mean, costume DLC, fancy keyblade (that aren't buy to win) designs, stupid stuff like that makes sense for this series.
    I wouldnt mind it. I'd always more content for a game rather than having to wait another 10 years for another mainline game.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Yet every title released is a main line game.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

To Wake Ventus, please buy the DLC Land of Oblivion

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    Bamco's due to announce the 17th Tales game sooner or later. I wonder if they'll change their formula at all to compete with SE's AAA garbage.
    Spoiler: show

(they won't)

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Yet every title released is a main line game.
    Oh. I guess I meant to say main numbered game? Fuck does that count all the decimal releases I dont play either? I don't know how this taxonomy works.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries