BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

HYPE! Lots of HYPE!!

But I thought they weren't even working on the game until FFXV was done?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Just gonna leave this here.. I take no blame if you need to change your pants after watching this.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It still needs a LOT of work before release but hey nice lightning and fire effects.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

^

Lighting and fire looks great.

Everything else still looks like ps2, with tighter aliasing.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I smell quick-time events.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

KH Rhyse of Rome Edition?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    I smell quick-time events.
    "Press Triangle to Win" in KHII didn't telegraph their presence in III for you?

Ridill
    BG Level

So KH3 is all about Disney Land rides now?

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Everything else still looks like ps2, with tighter aliasing.
    It looked NOTHING like a PS2 game lol. The style is the same as always, but holy shit does it look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    "Press Triangle to Win" in KHII didn't telegraph their presence in III for you?
    You mean calling them reaction commands wasn't enough?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I feel like people overestimate how the last gen looks sometimes. I know I'm always a little bit surprised how bad some ps2 games look when I go back and play something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I feel like people overestimate how the last gen looks sometimes. I know I'm always a little bit surprised how bad some ps2 games look when I go back and play something.
    I even feel this with Ps3 already switching from playing some newer PC games.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

It doesn't look "good" to me, graphics-wise, but that's coming from a PC player. It looks like a PS3 game, which is to say, not very good. It moves, however, extremely fluid, so I give it a lot of credit for that. It'll probably look fantastic within the confines of the game. Just eyeballing it from a trailer, however, leaves me uninpressed.

The music has always been what sucked me into the franchise, even if I don't actually have a love for playing the games. I hungrily anticipate hearing the OST!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    So KH3 is all about Disney Land rides now?
    This was the entire reasoning behind even having Gummi Ships in KH1 in the first place. Nomuma intended the Gummi Ship travel between worlds to feel like a Disney ride, so it doesn't surprise me that they're trying to reintroduce similar themes/ideas for this game.

The trailer definitely looked like a work in progress, that's no question at all. I'm still hyped as fuck. Considering the game is based on a universe that primarily consists of Cartoons, I'm not too upset with the graphics looking not as polished as they could. But again, game is still in development, I'm sure the finished product will have its differences

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    This was the entire reasoning behind even having Gummi Ships in KH1 in the first place. Nomuma intended the Gummi Ship travel between worlds to feel like a Disney ride, so it doesn't surprise me that they're trying to reintroduce similar themes/ideas for this game.

The trailer definitely looked like a work in progress, that's no question at all. I'm still hyped as fuck. Considering the game is based on a universe that primarily consists of Cartoons, I'm not too upset with the graphics looking not as polished as they could. But again, game is still in development, I'm sure the finished product will have its differences

Don't forget they need to lower the graphic to fit on 200000 floppy disk for the XO version

hehe

I'm not sure what people expect when they think of a graphical upgrade for KH. It isn't suddenly going to look realistic or less stylised. Maybe I don't understand what the requirements are for good looking graphics, because the models looked tight and the animation was tight (except for sloppy transitions), in fact the only thing I think that needs improvement is the lighting. I expect a lot of changes along the way, but I'm surprised we're talking about graphics when the game itself looks like it could be amazing.

I hope when people think of next gen games it isn't just a straight graphics upgrade because that's fucking terrible.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It looked like a new stage named "Magic Mountain"...

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I'm not sure what people expect when they think of a graphical upgrade for KH. It isn't suddenly going to look realistic or less stylised. Maybe I don't understand what the requirements are for good looking graphics, because the models looked tight and the animation was tight (except for sloppy transitions), in fact the only thing I think that needs improvement is the lighting. I expect a lot of changes along the way, but I'm surprised we're talking about graphics when the game itself looks like it could be amazing.

I hope when people think of next gen games it isn't just a straight graphics upgrade because that's fucking terrible.
    I think it's mainly how they upgrade the graphics. Making the game look slick and polished and next/current gen doesn't necessarily equate to the game making the leap to realistic graphics. Still plenty of ways they can make the game look better while still keeping that classic KH feel

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    It doesn't look "good" to me, graphics-wise, but that's coming from a PC player. It looks like a PS3 game, which is to say, not very good. It moves, however, extremely fluid, so I give it a lot of credit for that. It'll probably look fantastic within the confines of the game. Just eyeballing it from a trailer, however, leaves me uninpressed.

The music has always been what sucked me into the franchise, even if I don't actually have a love for playing the games. I hungrily anticipate hearing the OST!
    It'll probably look better while you play live and in motion. Most of the FFXIV gameplay trailers (PS3 and PC) look fucking awful, but when you actually play you can see a difference in quality.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Well, considering that it IS on Next Gen Hardware and it supposedly is running off the same Engine or similar to FFXV. I was expecting it to be on par with ffxv's graphics, which also isnt done.

It still looks like the old KH to me. Looks like the HD remake tbh. When they showed the trailer at E3, I thought that it was some old footage with KH3 thrown on top.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

The fuck you guys smoking, looks fucking gorgeous and motherfuckers trying to say it looks like a PS2 game? I don't even...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast