+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/12...om-hearts-iii/

Sora Has To Search For Seven Guardians Of Light In Kingdom Hearts III

Both Sora and Riku are fighting to stop Master Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts III. The series’ supervillain wants to start a war against the tyranny of light, which Xehanort believes will restore equilibrium of light and darkness.

Sora, Donald, and Goofy set out to search for the Seven Guardians of Light and the Key to Return Hearts. Meanwhile, Riku and Mickey are on a different quest looking for previous Keyblade wielders.

Square Enix wouldn’t confirm which worlds will be in Kingdom Hearts, but a representative from Disney said the game will feature worlds unseen in the franchise. I asked Shinji Hashimoto if Pixar worlds would be in the game and he said he couldn’t comment on the topic at this time.

That's basically what DDD ended on.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    That's basically what DDD ended on.
    That was the point of the game, after all.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can't even remember most of the KH 1 and 2 story. I suppose I do have a few years to replay them though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I hate how they keep splitting up Riku and Sora. Having Riku in your party at TWTNW was simply awesome.
    Then again, splitting them up means more Riku gameplay action, maybe even Mickey too.

Also, Sora should be the one searching for Ventus and Aqua, not Riku... but whatevs.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    I hate how they keep splitting up Riku and Sora. Having Riku in your party at TWTNW was simply awesome.
    Then again, splitting them up means more Riku gameplay action, maybe even Mickey too.

Also, Sora should be the one searching for Ventus and Aqua, not Riku... but whatevs.
    Riku and Mickey looking for Aqua makes sense considering their time in the realm of darkness after KH1 and Aqua being lost there. But yeah, eventually Sora and Ventus will have to meet up. And while I do agree it does suck that they're split up, when they do play together like in TWTNW and that final boss fight against Xemnas, it just makes it so awesome. That last boss battle was such a fun fight

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Trailer contains no actual gameplay, that was a CS, and the announcement was rushed to appease impatient fans
    Kingdom Hearts III‘s announcement at E3 this week was “a little early,” director Tetsuya Nomura said during an interview with Famitsu at E3.

“I was thinking of all the many fans who have been impatient for it since Kingdom Hearts II and the continued spin-offs, so I revealed it beside Final Fantasy XV,” he said.

Kingdom Hearts III, like previous games, will feature a party of three characters—usually Sora, Donald, and Goofy—but allow NPCs from each Disney world to take part in battle, too. Nomura promises flashy combat and a new aerial fighting style that will keep Sora afloat when attacking in the sky.

The game is being developed on the Luminous engine with over-specifications (likely a PC environment), and is being ported to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It will use a special “Kingdom Shader” to give Sora and company visuals adjusted differently for each world to suit its motif.

Nomura also said the game would include online components and other series firsts.

The end of the announcement trailer shows what appears to be a gameplay segment of Sora running away from, then battling a group of Heartless. Nomura confirmed that this was actually a movie, as they were unable to prepare gameplay in time for the trailer, but that it represents the “visual possibilities that are capable in real-time.”

Spoiler: show
    ― Since the impact of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance and Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix are still reverberating, we were surprised to see the early and unexpected trailer of Kingdom Hearts III being revealed.

Nomura: I was thinking of all the many fans who have been impatient for it since Kingdom Hearts II and the continued spin-offs, so I revealed it beside Final Fantasy XV. Though judging from the development status, I think it was a little early to announce it.

― Nonetheless, it seems that the visual direction is already certain.

Nomura: It’s a visual we’re currently developing called “Kingdom Shader.” While the characters have been these textures before, this is how they’ll be in original worlds. The shader will adjust in each world, so in Disney worlds, the visual will change to suit each world’s motif.

― Like Final Fantasy XV, will Kingdom Hearts III use Luminous Studio for development?

Nomura: Currently we’re using Luminous mainly and are exploring it. Producing it with over-specifications, porting to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be the same. There was a problem with the tools, and real engine footage couldn’t be prepared in time for the battle scene shown in the trailer we premiered. So we went with a movie that shows the sort of visual possibilities that are capable in real-time. Regardless, when you look at the actual real-time movement in comparison, there isn’t much difference.

― Tell us about how action has evolved in Kingdom Hearts III.

Nomura: At the moment there is a demo version where you can move in the real engine, but… it’s a real struggle. (Laughs) “Bold action” will become even better. You’ll have a party of three in Kingdom Hearts III, but each world’s NPCs will take part in battles, too. At any rate, a very flashy style of action will unfold. We’re developing an aerial fighting style that won’t require you to land and allows you to fly into the sky.

― Only Sora would do that. (Laughs)

Nomura: He would. (Laughs) (Editor’s Note: Sora means “sky” in Japanese.)

The enemy AI has become quite elaborate too, and with that, coop actions that incorporate both enemies and allies are able to unfold. For example, there is a vehicular type enemy, I already have it so that Sora can jump on and ride around on it in battle.

― Lastly, a message for the fans.

Nomura: Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III being produced together creates a relationship of rivalry that will bring out the best in each. We did a private showing within the company, Tori (Editor’s Note: Toriyama? He just says Tori) has been working on Kingodm Hearts III among other things, and even though the development degree is low, we felt a real response to it. Kingodm Hearts III will include online components, and we’re looking into other developments that haven’t been in Kingodm Hearts previously, so please look forward to future announcements. This year we’ll have presentations at Tokyo Game Show and at D23 Expo Japan in October domestically, so I think we’ll be able to put out more information around then.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/06/kingdom-h...a-little-early
    http://www.famitsu.com/news/201306/12034847.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New details to be revealed at TGS & D23
    It’s been a few years since the last numbered installment of Kingdom Hearts, but with the announcement of Kingdom Hearts III we want to put any fears fans might have to rest about this sequel. While we can’t follow this release up with anything immediately, we hope to release more information at TGS and D23 Expo Japan. The voice actors of the series will be appearing at D23 Expo Japan, so stay tuned! Fans will be able to talk with the voice actors about the series and we’ll be looking forward to sharing more about the new game.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/06/final-fan...erview-summary
    http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/29791709.html

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Spoiler: show

People can use this video (in the spoiler, the video tab itself is a spoiler) to catch up on entire Kingdom Hearts Saga up to KHIII. This covers the entire story in a quick and hilarious fashion and it's good if you don't have all of the games (aka. only played KHI and KHII) or haven't played at all and just want to know what's going on, or even for those who want a refresher on the entire series. GIGANTOR SPOILERS, DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU. Enjoy, it's a well made video.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fun video, I still think the gametrailers one is better.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Fun video, I still think the gametrailers one is better.

Comparing a business video vs a possible fan made video?

Bad Exo BAD!

There's nothing that implies the fan made video couldn't be better. It just isn't.

BG Level

Yeah but your comparing lemonade made by a 5 year old on the street for 50cents with the limonade you buy at the shop ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Yeah but your comparing lemonade made by a 5 year old on the street for 50cents with the limonade you buy at the shop ...
    No one but you is going that far. It's two videos made by two different people. There's nothing that could stop the fan-made video being better than GTs other than the person who made it not putting in as much effort.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    No one but you is going that far. It's two videos made by two different people. There's nothing that could stop the fan-made video being better than GTs other than the person who made it not putting in as much effort.
    Or not knowing how

It's not even that, even in the parts they both do the same are completely different. The fan guy stutters and jumps back and forth a lot, seemingly just listing stuff off as he remembers, GT guys present the whole thing better. They know what they want to say, they don't fumble while saying it and they planned out what they wanted to show with what we needed to know.

It's not even a matter of quality, since one video uses better quality footage but that's not even the part that makes the GT video better lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I really wasn't comparing them or anything lol just saying that if you want to catch up on the series, GT does an amazing job at doing so and so checking their video out will give you a clearer understanding of what's going on.

That being said, both suck equally at explaining just what the hell happened in 3D.... I watched every cutscene from start to finish and I still have no idea just what happened. How was Sora's dream hijacked? Was Riku just a dream eater in Sora's dream? If so, why does he fall asleep too? Why can't they both be awake and in the same area at the same time?
    It just makes no damn sense! And when Braig tries explaining it to Sora towards the end he does a terrible job at it too, so it still made no sense to me. -_-

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

French website Finaland spoke with Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV director Tetsuya Nomura at Japan Expo this weekend, where he discussed his involvement, potential co-op, character outfits, Stella’s redesign, female playable characters, and more.

As director, Nomura said he is “heavily involved” in the development of Kingdom Hearts III—more so than his other projects.

Disney recently acquired Star Wars creator Lucas Arts, and in 2009 iconic comic company Marvel (Spider-Man, X-Men, Iron Man, The Hulk, etc.) Nomura said “it would be great” if those franchises could be added to Kingdom Hearts III, “but there are lots of rules and restrictions by Disney, so we can’t actually put everything people want.” He promised “some surprises.”

Asked about a potential co-op multiplayer mode, Nomura said the Kingdom Hearts series has always been about Sora as the main character, but considering it’s going to be “the last chapter of the Kingdom Hearts main numbering title series,” a “lot of fans actually want t play as their favorite characters,” so it’s something they will “consider.” Again, Nomura hopes to release “some surprises” in future announcements.

Nomura created a lot characters during his time at Square Enix. But his favorites, he said, are Sora and Noctis.

“I’ve been together with [Sora] for more than ten years now, this is the first time I’ve been with a character for such a long time,” Nomura said. “So he’s very very special for me and he’s been adopted by Disney also, so he’s a very very good boy. More like a good son actually.”

In Japanese, “Sora” means “sky.” And Noctis’ full name (excluding the middle “Lucis”) is “Noctis Caelum,” which in Latin means “night sky.”

“They are kind of complete opposites to each other,” Nomura said. “There is a reason why I named these characters as opposites. Noctis is kind of like my latest boy, or latest son and I expect him to be more clever than Cloud.”
    http://gematsu.com/2013/07/nomura-ta...-at-japan-expo
    http://finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=4865

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast