+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Sora's overall design for KH3 is something I've never been a fan of. This just continues to add to it, kh2/3d sora is best Sora. KH3 Sora in these leaks and teasers just makes me think "if rayman had actual arms and legs".

The design is alright, it's mostly the lighting/shaders that are weirding me out. It's like a plastic toy filter that makes everyone shiny/glossy and weird looking. I'm pretty sure I only like the way Aqua looked in 0.2 cuz everyone else freaked me out. Especially Mickey.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I agree with Elcura. In motion while playing it looks really good. But when you get cut-scenes and close-ups, it's really jarring. The characters all look too smooth and glossy

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I thought Sora looked good in the original e3 reveal. After that I had the same feelings, it just looked weird.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Having re-watched the Toy Story reveal trailer, while toy version Sora still looks too glossy and smooth (as a plastic toy typically would), young Xehanort at the end looks pretty good and actually has some texture to his skin. So perhaps they are gonna tone down and fix up the characters a bit when they're normal.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Kingdom Hearts III

Don’t care I hyped

Fake spoiler : Riku is Noctis

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I'm so lost with KH continuity I don't even know where to fucking start and the fact that they expect you to know what happened in all the handheld non-mainline games is nice for hardcore fans but abjectly terrible for people who only played I and II. I already know the continuity is a twisting labyrinth of fuckery the likes of which no one should be asked to commit to memory for any length of time but honestly this game has been such a long time coming I wonder if even the people who were invested in the handheld games still remember it.

I'm salty I won't be able to experience this game to the fullest unless I do a LOT of backlog gameplay or just watch like 20 hours worth of cutscenes with no gameplay context.

Also that Hikki song is pretty good.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Is it..? It sounds terrible.. like she took influence from country music and failed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I'm so lost with KH continuity I don't even know where to fucking start and the fact that they expect you to know what happened in all the handheld non-mainline games is nice for hardcore fans but abjectly terrible for people who only played I and II. I already know the continuity is a twisting labyrinth of fuckery the likes of which no one should be asked to commit to memory for any length of time but honestly this game has been such a long time coming I wonder if even the people who were invested in the handheld games still remember it.

I'm salty I won't be able to experience this game to the fullest unless I do a LOT of backlog gameplay or just watch like 20 hours worth of cutscenes with no gameplay context.

Also that Hikki song is pretty good.
    That's what the collections were for? Unless you don't wanna play those games at all that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    That's what the collections were for? Unless you don't wanna play those games at all that is.
    Pretty much this. It was awkward as hell to play every title for KH because of retarded platform choices but now they're all in bundles so the only reason to not "understand" the story is to just not play these games.

And for the most part all the games are fun (I would say one of them is absolutely bad, and the other is just not to my taste) so the other reason to not play them is to play the "KH is confusing!" card.

Is the 1.5/2.5 bundle for PS4 all I need to get all the story? Is there a specific order I should play the games?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

OH MY GOD I DID NOT EXPECT THAT ENDING

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Is the 1.5/2.5 bundle for PS4 all I need to get all the story? Is there a specific order I should play the games?
    That and the 2.8 collection. You have all the games included plus some extras (some are only available in video format but trust me, you won't miss out on anything special).

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I have the PS3 versions, does the PS4 version have anything new other than graphics?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I have the PS3 versions, does the PS4 version have anything new other than graphics?
    Nothing new, they just look/run better. 2.8 is PS4 exclusive though.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Much better FPS

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/...ries)/Timeline

Code:
    Kingdom Hearts χ
    Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover runs concurrently with events of Kingdom Hearts χ.
    Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
    Blank Points begins
    Kingdom Hearts
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days begins during events at the end of Kingdom Hearts.
    Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-'s primary story runs concurrently with the events of Kingdom Hearts.
    Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days runs concurrently with events of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days ends
    Kingdom Hearts II
    Kingdom Hearts coded
    Signs of What's Next
    Destiny
    Blank Points ends
    Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
    Another Guardian of Light
    Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -a fragmentary passage- (Beginning and Ending scenes)
    Kingdom Hearts III
    The way I would go through it myself is..

KH-Chi(X) Back Cover
    BBS
    KH1FM
    KH:ReCOM
    KH:368/5
    KH:ReCoded
    KH2FM
    KH:3D

BBS0.2 is a strange game, it has scenes that play out for both KH1 and at the start of KH3, so I would probably hold off on playing this game last in the series.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Meh thats not worth 40-50 bucks

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I wouldn't play it in timeline order. I think that would confuse stuff going from BBS to FM1

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

My girl said if she were to want to run through the story to play through by release order.