Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New Famitsu article says KHIII will have less Disney areas than KHII.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    New Famitsu article says KHIII will have less Disney areas than KHII.
    But each world will be substantially more involved and bigger

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If we have less Disney areas then I take it we won't be revisiting some of the same worlds. Which makes sense, we've done Aladdin a few times, Halloween Town a few times, Monstro/Pinocchio a couple times, Neverland a few times, Wonderland a few times, Atlantica a few times. As well, having less Disney worlds =/= having less worlds in general. Could have more KH based or even FF based worlds added in too.

So you've got new worlds in Tangled, Big Hero 6, Toy Story. Some obvious places like Radiant Garden, Twilight Town, Traverse Town, Yen Sid's tower, Disney Castle/Town. Olympus obviously too. Wouldn't be surprised if we visited Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure or the Keyblade Graveyard, maybe the World that Never Was or Destiny Island (these ones might be a stretch). And I also wouldn't be surprised if we went into the Realm of Darkness and revived some lost worlds like Enchanted Dominion. Would love a The World Ends with You world, but that's like a modern Tokyo setting so I kind of doubt we will.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Less Disney areas doesn't mean less worlds in general. Given that this is the final chapter of the Xehanort Saga they'll need to bring back most of the original KH worlds in some form.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Less Disney areas could also simply mean more Star Wars and Tron and less Lion King and Aladdin.

I was wholly disappointed when that Sora didn't sock Woody at the very end.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Didn't they previously mention that Olympus is the only old Disney world returning and that the rest are all new?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In an interview with the Daily Mirror 3 days ago, Nomura continued to be a useless prick.

Full text since the site is bloated with ads:
    Spoiler: show
    Ryan: Is there already a plan for what happens after the Xehanort Saga that concludes in Kingdom Hearts III? Are there ideas for what future mainline and non-mainline titles might consist of already?

Nomura: Of course there are different plans that are in my mind and things that I would like to work on or depict in terms of narrative, but it's not like we have anything finalized with Disney as of yet, so I'm not able to introduce it or mention it at this time, but again, I do have different ideas in my head.

Ryan: What did you think of Kingdom Hearts III being announced back in 2013? Were you consulted about the announcement and did you think it was the correct time for it to be announced?

Nomura: I understand some of the voices that are raised state that the announcement timing was a bit too early and I acknowledge that, but I do not like information going out in the form of a leak. Rather than having that leaked out unofficially, I'd rather make an official statement.

Ryan: How far in development is Kingdom Hearts III at the moment, percentage-wise?

Nomura: In terms of percentage of completion, and this is from previously as well, I tend to not describe it in terms of percentage because it's difficult to sort of say it as a straight number. But we do have a plan of development and we have said a period in which the project is being developed. Based on that, we have made our announcement for the release timing. Of course, there are things that are out of the development team and my control which includes company decisions, the decision to change the engine that we're utilizing or having personnel being shifted so that we have more resources to develop; things like that may have contributed to our development period being shifted, but that period itself we feel is still on track. It's not like the development team had any sort of issues or troubles amongst ourselves in terms of the scheduling, but due to things out of our control that period sort of got shifted a little bit, but I feel that we are still working as planned in terms of our development period.

Ryan: With so much action going on in the game, such as Keyblade transformations, situation commands and the attraction flow rides, how have you balanced things so that nothing feels overpowered or so that players don't forget all the different things that they can do?

Nomura: So with these various different actions that are available in the game, each of them are very unique and very different if you compare the different actions that are available. For example, with the attraction flow that you brought up, you see the train and the spinning teacups and a ship was introduced. What's unique about those is that they're not part of a repertoire that you accumulate and choose from. It will depend on what situation you're in, so depending on what enemies you're facing and what world you're in, what attraction will show up is unknown until you've actually activated it. Once you do activate it it's a very flashy move and you can attack your enemies in that way. In terms of the Keyblade transformations, similarly it's very unique because it's not activated until certain conditions align and you are given that opportunity to execute the transformation. Even then, you can also choose to not activate it and continue your melee attacks, but when you do activate it as you continue hitting your enemies and your combos continue to chain, then it will transform yet again. I tried to make it so that it's a freedom that the player has and they can choose; each of them are sort of unique in its own way and you also have your regular attacks as well; your melee attacks, your magic attacks. Depending on what timing you're faced with in your battles or whatever conditions that are involved in your combat kind of depends on your strategy. We're hoping that the conditions to activate these special moves are different enough that it doesn't seem like one is preferred over the other and depending on various situations sometimes you have to accomplish a task and execute in that way. I feel that it'll allow for a wider range of options to choose from for our players depending on what you prefer is easier to use or less comfortable to work with. They're all sort of unique so I'm hoping it will broaden the strategic element of it as well.

Ryan: What are some of your favorite Disney and Pixar movies? I'm not asking hoping for a world reveal!

Nomura: In terms of favorite movies then, I like Lion King. Something more recent would be Alice in Wonderland; it'd be kind of cool to have The White Queen appear in Kingdom Hearts.

Ryan: How many of the worlds and Keyblades will there be and how many of them are going to be new?

Nomura: I can't reveal all of that information! (laughs)

Ryan: Is there a chance of more Final Fantasy characters making an appearance, or other Square-Enix properties like NieR and Dragon Quest?

Nomura: Of course, we do have precedence. There have been characters that have appeared throughout the series, so I don't think it's impossible but I'm not actively seeking to incorporate existing characters, only because we have such a large roster of original characters in there already. If there is a perfect fit, I'm sure the idea might come up, but at the same time I have to consider, is it worth allocating the resources to create the character and give it a role within Kingdom Hearts? Would it merit the effort that's put into it? We're not really actively looking for existing characters.

Ryan: Are there going to be more secret bosses? Will Sephiroth return?

Nomura: I can't say for certain, I hope, hint hint hint. I can't say for certain. In terms of Sephiroth, do you feel like you want to battle Sephiroth again? (laughs)

Ryan: I might cry, but yes, definitely.

Nomura: Even though you fought him twice? (laughs)

Ryan: My mum managed to beat him! She plays the games and she beat him!

Nomura: She's really good!

Ryan: She is! My friends were always impressed by her Kingdom Hearts skills.

Nomura: I don't think I can beat him! (laughs). In terms of the secret boss, we can't say anything at this time, but in terms of Sephiroth specifically, my development team are worried that we've had him come back so many times so they're maybe worried it might be redundant at this point. We're still deliberating on it.

Ryan: Have you ever imagined there being a Kingdom Hearts CGI movie, similar to Advent Children or Kingsglaive?

Nomura: Nothing has been thought about in terms of a cinematic piece, only because it's difficult to put into a narrative that has become as complex as Kingdom Hearts. Of course, we do have a 15 year history so it has come up in discussions about doing some sort of cinematic piece, especially from Disney. They are interested in making a CG movie of sort, but again, it's difficult to make the call on how we want to execute it and how to form it. I still haven't come to a resolution about what would be the most appropriate way in which we depict the narrative, so nothing specific has been formulated.

Ryan: So, zips and belts are prevalent in the character design. Is that just because you like the aesthetic? Does it have meaning behind it? Why does Donald's hat have zips?

Nomura: That was my preference back when I first designed the characters, so 15 years ago. At that time, people teased me about zippers and belts and whatnot and I'm the type of person if somebody eggs me on I'm gonna do it more! Nowadays, I'm not as conscious about adding them in. I'm not the type of person that would shrink down when people tease me about it. I'm gonna fight back! I'm gonna go back at it and do it more. So, if people egg me on saying 'oh, Kingdom Hearts III is delayed' well, I might even delay it further! (laughs)

Ryan: How did Lea obtain his Keyblade?

Nomura: Just out of curiosity, did you go to any of our Kingdom Hearts world orchestras?

Ryan: Yes, I did.

Nomura: In terms of Lea and him obtaining the Keyblade, it's not really depicted specifically that's for sure. During the events of Dream Drop Distance it's conveyed that he is training under Merlin's care and it was just a brief mention. There will be a bit more of a mention in Kingdom Hearts III on how Lea is aiming to become a Keyblade wielder. In the concert, you may remember one of the videos where a girl is narrating. That's actually Kairi writing a letter about her training, so Kingdom Hearts III touches upon that part of the story. Unfortunately, it's not going to be going into details about what happened in the events of Dream Drop Distance, but it will be addressed in some way in Kingdom Hearts III.

Ryan: Have you ever read any Kingdom Hearts fan fiction and did any either inspire or disturb you?

Nomura: I've not read any sort of fan fiction, but if you go on the internet of course you see images. I've seen different drawings and art that was created based on the games, but I haven't read any fan fiction unfortunately.

Ryan: Lastly, will Kingdom Hearts III be playable at any events in the near future? When can people expect to get their hands on it?

Nomura: Perhaps when we're finally able to reveal the month and date of the release.

tl;dr: No Sephiroth. Wtf are we even doing here...

I mean he wasn't in the last 2 games so it doesn't really matter, though you could say it's a main title KH staple since he was a boss in 1 and 2.

They could do better and they definitely can do worse (looking at you Pete) so I'm on the fence.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Inb4 chibi Ardyn and a mind erased Aranea under a pseudonym familiar to Sora or Roxas are the optional fights.

Of course, there are things that are out of the development team and my control which includes company decisions, the decision to change the engine that we're utilizing or having personnel being shifted so that we have more resources to develop; things like that may have contributed to our development period being shifted
    "I was pulled from my other 300 projects because SE finally realized I was doing too much. Also, using 4 or 5 proprietary engines specifically created for KH3 development won't pose any issues for getting the project done in a timely manner or at projected cost. We shit efficiency.

Please be excited for 2019."

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Inb4 chibi Ardyn and a mind erased Aranea under a pseudonym familiar to Sora or Roxas are the optional fights.
    I was thinking Noct honestly. As a friendly fight.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I could see the 4 FFXV bros being in the game, but as kids sort of like Tidus, Wakka and Selphie. I know Sephiroth is supposedly not coming back but if we even visit Radiant Garden (which we will in all likelihood given that's where Merlin is training Kairi and Lea and how that one world has always been kind of pivotal in most all of the games so far), then you already have all those FF characters in it. Could maybe see YRP back in fairy form or whatever it was for them in KH2.

Not to mention they'll probably add Lightning in the game too (and only Lightning lol... Unless Caius is the new optional boss ala Sephie's replacement). Her plot will probably be her searching for Serah/a way back to her world. But she won't name drop Serah and just be very vague about the whole thing... pretty much like how Cloud was in KH2.

~Maybe~ some of the FFXII crew (hi2u Fran+Balthier). In all likelihood won't see any FFXI or XIV characters. And on the very slim off chance that we did, then probably the same ones they used in Dissidia like Shantoto and Y'shtola. Some of the older FF characters had some small cameos like Seifer, Vivi and Setzer in the Struggle tournament so we might get some more of that.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Kingdom Hearts III

Lightning being in this is the safest bet you can make.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I think ffxi would be amazing, but prob see ffxiv more likely if any mmo

there is a 0% chance they will put ffxi characters in this game

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Lightning being in this is the safest bet you can make.
    Time traveling plot armor.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hell yeah! More Pixar worlds!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tangled
    Big Hero 6
    Toy Story
    Monsters Inc (if this isn't fake)

That still leaves Hercules as the only world not from a CGI film.

We've seen Twilight Town, and we have to assume Radiant Garden is present b/c of current plot.

If the rest are all new worlds, I wonder if we're going to see more stuff in the vein of Wreck-it-Ralph & Frozen, or Treasure Planet & Atlantis & Princess and the Frog, etc.

KH4 is gonna be crazy, can't wait to see what Archer, Always Sunny, and Simpsons heartless will look like.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Can't wait for Aliens vs. Predator vs. Donald.