Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha (PC/XB1)

Available exclusively for Xbox One, “Dead Rising 3” is the third installment in the celebrated franchise and introduces a blockbuster open-world action game that will define a new generation of zombie-slaying mayhem. With intense action and an unmatched level of weapon and character customization, “Dead Rising 3” delivers a heart-pounding experience unlike any other as you fight for survival in a massive open world teeming with thousands of undead.

Set 10 years after the events of “Dead Rising 2,” “Dead Rising 3” takes place in the vast city of Los Perdidos amid a nationwide zombie outbreak that’s on the brink of decimating mankind. The story follows Nick Ramos, a young mechanic with a strange tattoo and a mysterious past who must find a way to escape a city full of thousands of bloodthirsty zombies before an impending military strike wipes the city and everyone in it off the map. But Nick can’t do it alone — he must join up with other survivors to stay alive and fight their way out before it’s too late.

The “Dead Rising” series is one of the most popular zombie game franchises ever, with more than 5.4 million units sold worldwide to date.2

Features

A darker story of survival in a massive open world - “Dead Rising 3” takes the celebrated series in a new direction by introducing a cinematic storyline with darker humor and more personable characters fighting to survive in the new city of Los Perdidos.

Featuring a massive and dynamic world bigger than the first two titles combined, “Dead Rising 3” represents a new benchmark for open-world gameplay. Powered by Xbox One, “Dead Rising 3” allows you to explore the vast city of Los Perdidos seamlessly with fast load times, keeping you immersed in the action and stunning next-generation visuals. Overwhelming zombie hordes with intelligent AI and shared awareness will challenge you like never before, forcing you to employ all your cunning, combat skills and creativity to stay alive.

The ultimate zombie sandbox - In “Dead Rising 3,” anything and everything is a weapon. You can create your own tools of zombie destruction with the virtually limitless variety of combo weapons — anytime, anywhere. A regular sledgehammer or a table saw might not be enough to hold off the zombie horde, but fuse them together and you’ll do massive damage with the fearsome Sledge Saw — just one of hundreds of potential weapon combinations.

“Dead Rising 3” also places new emphasis on vehicles that are critical to survival. But watch out — zombies cling to cars, affecting the steering physics, and attack you while driving!

Easy to play, hard to master - “Dead Rising 3” features a gameplay experience that’s both deep and immediately accessible to anyone who loves open-world action games. With the ability to explore the game at your own pace without time constraints, a new streamlined save system and other improvements, “Dead Rising 3” is the most accessible and intuitive title in the series yet.

At the same time, hardcore players will face tough-as-nails zombies in Nightmare Mode with classic “Dead Rising” rules, where time is the enemy and the countdown clock never stops running. The city of Los Perdidos offers near-limitless zombie encounters and missions in a multitude of settings, and as you progress, weapon combinations become more deadly.

Unlimited co-op action - “Dead Rising 3” lets you team up with a buddy for endless zombie-killing mayhem through online co-op over Xbox Live, with asynchronous matchmaking that allows you to jump in or out of the game at any time.3 Not only will you help your friend advance, you’ll also contribute to your own story progression and earn experience points that will carry back into your own game.

Immersive Xbox SmartGlass and Kinect integration - “Dead Rising 3” introduces pioneering Xbox SmartGlass features that will expand the dual-screen experience and reimagine couch co-op gaming on Xbox One. “Dead Rising 3” and Xbox SmartGlass transform your compatible tablet or phone into a Zombie Defense and Control PDA. Swamped by the zombie horde from all sides? You or your buddy on the couch next to you can call in an airstrike to bail you out. Ready to start a new mission? Incoming in-game calls and text messages deliver “live” briefings through your Xbox SmartGlass-enabled phone or tablet.

Xbox SmartGlass also allows you to keep track of your progress with a mission checklist and a map that helps locate hidden items and locations, and even features a news ticker of real-time updates on the zombie outbreak in Los Perdidos.

In addition, with Kinect, the zombie horde can hear beyond the screen and respond to noises inside your living room for a more immersive experience. Use motion controls to fight your way out of grapples and use voice commands to control your survivor posse and even taunt your enemies!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Game looks like it went through a 2edgy focus group and threw out what made the previous games entertaining.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

xbone exclusive?

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I'm not sure if I like the grittiness, while it's awesome for something like The Last of Us, Dead Rising was fun because of the campiness. Not that this looks like a bad game by any means, just seems kind of antithesis to the DR franchise. XB1 exclusivity hurts, I really want to play this but not enough to pick up the whole console on one game's merit.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I'm not sure if I like the grittiness, while it's awesome for something like The Last of Us, Dead Rising was fun because of the campiness. Not that this looks like a bad game by any means, just seems kind of antithesis to the DR franchise. XB1 exclusivity hurts, I really want to play this but not enough to pick up the whole console on one game's merit.
    Pretty much exactly what I said when I saw it. Running around in a stupid outfit with a servbot head on and fighting batshit insane (but comical) bosses was what made DR stand out. This looks like a bad direction for the series, but need to see more.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

It feels like if they made this exact game and called it a different name I'd be excited as fuck for it, lol. Not that that's 100% fair to the devs, but it reminds me of Halloween 3, where if they made that exact same movie but didn't try to tie it to the Halloween name to sell tickets it would have been a really solid stand-alone horror movie.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

via joystiq
    Traversing Dead Rising 3's reportedly massive open world won't be a race against the clock, or an all-out search for a bathroom like previous entries in the series – that is, unless you want it to be. The game's new direction, as well as its opt-in old direction, was explained to us by Capcom during a closed-door demonstration of the game at E3.

"We're trying to have our cake and eat it too, in terms of how the game world works," a Capcom representative told us during the demonstration. "In previous Dead Rising games, time was ticking. You have to rush through the game, you don't get a chance to explore, you don't get a chance to experiment, you can only save in certain locations ... and some people loved that, but some people hated it and it totally turned them off from Dead Rising."

To wit, Capcom's goal has been to make zombies the main threat in the game, rather than time pressure, and its doing so by removing the timer and adding auto-saves. The company does seem aware, however, that this is against the grain of the series' history, and as such a "Nightmare" mode will be available for those that want something a little more classic.

"No auto-saves; clock is ticking; we'll fail your ass if you don't make it to the next mission in time. It works just like old Dead Risings – so if you're a Dead Rising fan and you want a sadistic experience, you can totally do that."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I love the fact that both functions are available, finally someone listens to the fans.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"we want the call of duty audience"

Same fucking thing ruined Dragon Age 2.

You just want the numbers from sales of cod, not the actual audience. Plus that would explain why there's a fucking artillery strike in fucking DEAD RISING 3.

Eat shit capcom

No way will this be exclusive forever. Also not worth supporting shitty anti-consumer business practices just for one game. Games has potential, no idea if it it will actually be good, but even if it's godly, not worth picking up a xbox done for.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Bosses Detailed
    Siliconera exclusively revealed details about Dead Rising 3 a year and a half before Microsoft unveiled the game as an Xbox One exclusive. We posted concept art of the main character, revealed he was a mechanic, and that the game takes place in Los Perdidos. We have a lot more to tell you about Dead Rising 3 from documents we received from an inside source.

Dead Rising 3 will have psychopaths to fight and most of these boss-like battles are with humans that went insane during the zombie outbreak.

• One of the psychopaths is an Asian immigrant who moved to Los Perdidos dreaming of a better life. "Shifu" - that’s his codename - has been working a low paying job for a family that doesn’t respect him and his only refuge is a Zen garden that he grooms everyday. During the zombie outbreak, Shifu continues to maintain his garden and kills anyone that steps inside the temple. Of course, Nick stumbles inside and sees Shifu holding a staff and meditating over a mound of corpses. He leaves Nick alone until Nick trips on one of the garden’s rocks and knocks it out of place. Shifu fights Rick using something that looks like a Guan Dao.

• Another psychopath is a female professional wrestler and bodybuilder. Nick runs into Jerry at a gym who is lifting weights and upset that her competition was canceled due to the zombie outbreak. Jerry looks more masculine than feminine and Nick thinks she is a he which ticks Jerry off. She throws weights at Nick and uses various grappling moves in battle.

• Players will also fight a motorcycle gang leader. Unlike the other psychopaths, the motorcycle leader welcomes the zombie outbreak because this brought the anarchy he has always dreamed of. The biker leader has a custom motorcycle with a steamroller front wheel and various human remains attached as a war trophies.

• The most interesting psychopath that we know about is a spoiled adult living off a trust fund who plays video games all day. Trent has been hiding out in his mansion completely oblivious to reality when Nick comes in to rescue him. Trent who is lying in a pool of empty chip bags and mountain dew tells Nick to blow off because he needs to finish a level first. Nick tries to reason with Trent, but he’s so deluded he talks about headshots in the game and whines about how a pizza delivery man hasn’t arrived.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/24...y-video-games/
    http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/08...auto-mechanic/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Dead Rising 3 brings back Isabela Keyes from DR1 And Chuck Greene from DR2
    Dead Rising 3 will tie up loose ends from the other two Dead Rising games, a source tells Siliconera. This is the same source that provided us with information to reveal details about Dead Rising 3 back in 2011, a year before Microsoft unveiled the game at E3.

Isabela Keyes a survivor from Dead Rising will return in Dead Rising 3. We briefly saw Isabela in Dead Rising 2: Case West where she has been working on a zombie cure inside Phenotrans. Isabela has been trapped inside a lab for years and she is finally freed when a zombie outbreak spreads to Los Perdidos. Isabela escapes and is searching for a missing element to the cure, blood from patient zero.

Chuck Greene from Dead Rising 2 will also make an appearance in Dead Rising 3. But, don’t expect the story to be about Chuck. Nick Ramos, a mechanic, is the main character. Diego is one of Nick’s close friends. The two characters grew up together and later Diego joined the army. However, Diego struggled during his service mainly due to something from Dead Rising 1…
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/05...-chuck-greene/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Whenever my parents would drag me to a Home Depot as a child, I had to use my imagination in order to stave off death-by-boredom. My fantasy of choice always seemed to revolve around how I would react if the massive warehouse were to be suddenly overrun by zombies. What aisle would I choose to fortify? What makeshift weaponry would I add to my arsenal? Which of my fellow shoppers would make a strong addition to my newfound crew?

Yeah, I was a weird kid, but that’s not the point. The point is, my imagination was entrenched in a survival horror sandbox game long before those words the video game vernacular. Lo and behold, Dead Rising 3 looks like it’s shaping up to be a fantastic realization of my childhood daydreams. I got a chance to sit in on a 30 minute demo of Capcom’s Xbox One launch title, and to be perfectly honest, I kind of fell in love. Here are the three reasons why.

A lot of Dead Rising fans were a bit worried after seeing the demo Microsoft showcased back at E3, and rightfully so. Our first look at DR3 pointed towards a game that shrugged off all of the madcap, zany elements that gave the series its unique voice in favor of a more gritty and “realistic” approach to survival horror. Well, I can safely put those fears to rest: Dead Rising 3 looks to be every bit as silly and over the top as its predecessors, but only if you choose for it to be.

You can also choose to play through the story in a no-pressure sandbox mode, or go back to the nerve-wracking schedule of Dead Rrising 1 in Nightmare Mode. If you want a somber horror experience free from wacky hijinks, you can have that. You can play the game as the straight hero, and honestly, it seems like that route could provide an interesting addition to “serious” zombie games like The Walking Dead and Resident Evil. But thankfully, that’s not the only option. During the demo, our new hero Nick put on a full-bodied shark mascot costume, plopped some traffic cones on the heads of a few unfortunate zombies, and then proceeded to hack them to bits using a newly-crafted flaming sword. If that doesn’t sound like Dead Rising, I don’t know what does.

Anyone who watched the E3 demo saw the climax where the player used a smartphone to call in an airstrike and completely eviscerate a shambling mass of zombies. But what Microsoft and Capcom didn’t highlight was the fact that the second screen functionality of DR3 actually exists within the world of the game, and is capable of delivering experiences far more interesting than death from above. Early on in the game, Nick finds a fancy government phone on the body of a dead agent. At this point, the player can link his or her actual phone to the game, meaning that when Nick gets a call, your phone will ring and you can actually listen to the incoming message. Kids, we have officially entered the future.

Of course, there are also standard features like map integration, but even these have some really cool twists. At any point, you can scroll through the app on your phone and tap on what you need at that given moment. Want to find the closest weapon depot? Click the icon, and a marker will appear in the game that points you in the right direction. In desperate need of health? Tap the icon, and suddenly the in-game world will glow with various sources of sustenance. I’m still not entirely sold on the general concept of "the second screen experience," but interesting implementations like this are starting to get me hyped.

Yep, you read that correctly. All. Of. The. Graphics. Well, not all of them, but damn does Dead Rising 3 look good. The amount of zombies on screen at any given time is insane and driving a speeding hearse through the crowd without so much as a hiccup makes me almost excited to empty my bank account come this fall. It’s one of those things that immediately jumps out and shows the sort of gameplay experiences that are going to capable on this new generation of hardware.

Aside from the shockingly high number of zombies on screen, the other impressive technical aspect of DR3 is the fact that once you’re in the game, you won’t see a loading screen. At no point throughout your traversal of Los Perididos will you have to put down your controller and wait. You can pop in and out of buildings, go scurrying through the sewers, and drive from downtown to the ritzy sunset hills without ever being pulled out of the game. The fact that I can tackle all of Dead Rising 3's Psychopaths - yep, they're back - without a load screen sounds wonderful to me. If only that bored, imaginative kid wandering around Home Depot knew what he’d be getting into some 15 years later.
    <<link removed due to copyright problems>>

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So it does what the WiiU does, but better. My only gripe is the exclusivity >_<

Surprised by the demonstration video from Comic Con, and that it actually looks fun. A bit better than the presentation at E3. Levels and attribute points are a welcome sight.

Smart glass stuff still seems pretty shoehorned in though. Not enough to make me think about getting an Xbone though.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

at least they're not completely stripping it of all the goofy shit after all

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

[link deleted]

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That just might be the best trailer ever, not just for DR 3.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries