Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Star Wars: Battlefront (20v20 Combat, Star Wars: Skirmishfront)

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I had a legitimate tear in my eye when this was announced

goddamn that teaser is so much better in 1080p

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Cannot wait. Cannot.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Battlefront 3 scrapped, this is an all new game
    The DICE-developed Star Wars game isn’t a sequel to previous games in the series – it’s something new.

Speaking to Eurogamer, EA Games boss Patrick Söderlund said the new game is DICE’s own take on the series.

“This is DICE’s interpretation of what Battlefront should be. That’s the best description you can have,” he said.

“There are absolutely things in the previous Battlefront games that you’ll recognise and remember, but DICE wants to put its own flavour on it. That’s the only way we can do it.

“Hence it’s called Star Wars: Battlefront, without a 3 at the end. We want to say it’s something new. But again, it’s going to be very Star Wars and very cool.”

That’s just about everything we know so far, except that the executive has promised it won’t be a re-skinned Battlefield.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/star...battlefront-3/
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ront-should-be
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/star...eld-says-dice/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Conquer the galaxy, planet by planet
    Apparently, EA and DICE's Star Wars: Battlefront is out this December. How do I know? The Microsoft Store told me so - it proffers a very obviously not-true release date of 31st December 2013, plus a brief blurb that I will now use as the basis for some very large assumptions.

The blurb suggests that players will get to "relive and participate in all of the classic Star Wars battles like never before". OK, that chimes with the Hoth reference in the debut trailer. You'll also "play as one of a number of different soldier types, jump into any vehicle, man any turret on the battlefront, and conquer the galaxy, planet by planet".

Different soldier classes and vehicles are nothing new, but the mention of turrets gives me pause - were there fixed emplacements in the previous games? And could "conquer the galaxy, planet by planet" refer to an over-arching strategy mechanic of some kind, perhaps tied to the multiplayer? I like over-arching strategy mechanics.
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/67150/dices-sta...net-by-planet/
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ctID.282712400

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Different soldier classes and vehicles are nothing new, but the mention of turrets gives me pause - were there fixed emplacements in the previous games? And could "conquer the galaxy, planet by planet" refer to an over-arching strategy mechanic of some kind, perhaps tied to the multiplayer? I like over-arching strategy mechanics.
    Is this person retarded?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

They must have never played previous battlefronts.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

May release around the time Episode VII releases
    Star Wars Battlefront may not have a release date yet, but if EA could pick the most favorable timeframe, it would be close to the movie’s release.

Speaking during the firm’s investor’s call last night, EVP of EA Studios Patrick Soderlund said even though the game isn’t linked to Star Wars: Episode VII, the firm would “prefer” to release Battlefront during the film’s window.

“What we’re building is more rooted in the traditional Star Wars universe and not so much necessarily linked to the movies being made,” said Soderlund. “And that’s just because we wanted to make a game that celebrated the history of Star Wars.

“Obviously there will be things in there that are somewhat tied to the new movie. I wouldn’t say that we have a particular tie to the movie. Now, obviously we would prefer to be close to the movie, but I wouldn’t say that we’re directly tied to it.”

The JJ Abrams directed film is slated for theatrical release on December 18, 2015, while EA has said we’ll get the first look at Battlefront during spring 2015.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/23/ea-w...s-episode-vii/

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    No idea how I´ve missed this so long but, though I´m very sceptical about basically everything DICE touches, this video gave my inner nerd a raging boner. Please deliver and don´t fuck this up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    May release around the time Episode VII releases

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/23/ea-w...s-episode-vii/

That sounds a lot like EA's motto of "We'll push this out when we want, even if it isn't ready".

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

in fairness they clearly aren't doing that this fall, they pushed Dragon Age by 6 weeks, and BF:Hardline to next year

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Concept art, Gameplay this Spring
    Spoiler: show

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/first-sta...nt-concept-art

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Lots of rumored content from a site that has been spot on about leaks
    • The story of Star Wars: Battlefront’s campaign will span pretty much the entire Star Wars saga.
    • Star Wars Battlefront will feature segments in which you play as both the good guys (Old Republic, Rebellion and Republic) and bad guys (Separatists and the Empire). It was specifically stated that there will be a small portion of prequel trilogy content. You will participate in a couple of battles from the Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and the space battle above Corsucant from the beginning of Revenge of the Sith.
    • The majority of the campaign will take place during the original trilogy era. All of the battles and settings that you would expect to be there will be playable. It was said that the campaign itself is pretty long when compared to other first person shooters.
    • There will be some segments of the campaign which take place between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. There won’t be a lot because in their words “Lucasfilm has a lot of plans for that era.”
    • The last section of the campaign takes place before and during the opening segments of The Force Awakens. Don’t expect anything too revealing, because the game is expected to ship about a month before the movie releases.
    • For both the Republic (that’s what the good guys are being called in the production here) and Empire sections you will be playing characters that actually appear in The Force Awakens.
    • EA/DICE was allowed into Pinewood Studios for a few days to scan and capture props, sets, etc for recreation in the game.
    • At one point either during either the portion between episodes 6 and 7 or the portion from the beginning of The Force Awakens a character with the last name Tarkin appears.
    • The scale of the multiplayer is going to be absolutely massive with up 64 players participating on each side.
    • Space to land battles are absolutely happening, but will only be available in certain game modes.
    • There will be a “hero” system in place, where as you play you accumulate points that you can eventually cash in to play as a “hero” character. These characters are extremely powerful and have abilities that are not available to the normal characters that you play for most of the matches. The system is constantly in flux, but as it is now, pretty much everyone have a chance to play as a hero at least once per match.
    • The Downloadable Content plan for the game is “extremely aggressive”. Expect up to five DLC packs for the game, with the first coming out before the end of 2015. Each pack will be themed, with the first two or three being exclusively based around content from The Force Awakens.
    • The game will ship with several The Force Awakens characters already, but some won’t be added until DLC. Specifically all of the characters in the trailers will be available at launch, as will new versions of the X-wing an TIE fighter.
    • Tons of new ships and vehicles.
    • The contents of each DLC will contain at least three new maps, new hero characters, and new vehicles/ships.
    • I saw a character model for the new Stormtroopers, the model for the new X-wings, and some random models of guns, grenades, and other things like that. However, the most interesting thing was a picture of a screen from one of the employee databases.
    • It was as a checklist that the department heads can go through to see whats been complete, whats been bug tested, etc. It was basically just a black screen with lines and lines of text posts, with comments and suggestions under each post. What was most interesting about this is what was listed. This particular screen I saw was for a listing of maps for the multiplayer mode. There was a lot of stuff that you’d expect to see in a game like this like:
      • Hoth: EP5
      • Endor: EP6
      • Alderaan
      • Corscucant
      • Yavin: EP4
    • Like I said, nothing major. EXCEPT for this listing that I saw
      • Tatooine: EP1
      • Tatooine; EP4
      • Tatooine: EP7
    • Now, I know that’s not concrete evidence that the desert planet from The Force Awakens is Tatooine, but I thought it was interesting because I know there was been some debate about that subject.
    http://makingstarwars.net/2015/02/to...force-awakens/

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Man, I loved these games. I really can't wait for this.

So I'm reading that this is gonna be strictly an FPS now? =/

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wait what? Seriously? Not able to toggle between 3rd person and 1st person?

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Dunno how I havent stumbled upon this yet, but watched the 2.5 minute trailer on their site and I cant spend enough on this

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

+ Reply to Thread