FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PC/PS4/XB1) {Reboot}

DICE, an award-winning studio of Electronic Arts and developer of the blockbuster Battlefield franchise, today announced that fan-favorite Mirror's Edge is in early stages of development. Mirror's Edge was first introduced in 2008 and fans quickly elevated the game's heroine "Faith" into a videogame icon. Gamers and critics worldwide praised its unique characters, highly stylized world and fresh take on first person action adventure. The new Mirror's Edge reboots the franchise for the next generation with advanced visuals and an all-new origin story for Faith. Powered by DICE's proprietary Frostbite technology, the game will be heading to Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation 4, and PC.

"We introduced Mirror's Edge and Faith to gamers five years ago, and we've waited for the right moment to reunite them," said Sara Jansson, Senior Producer, DICE. "Thanks to the Frostbite engine and a new generation of platforms, we are now able to deliver a richer world that players will be able to explore with a new level of freedom in both movement and action."

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

very excited for this. I loved the first.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Lots of hype; I was hoping for another entry in the series.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I don't know why they felt the need to reboot it, as I found the storyline of the original to be refreshing, and I hope they haven't done away with it in lieu of something more, well, typical. Storytelling atmosphere does matter in a title as stylish as this.

That said, I can't fucking wait. After being dicked around by EA's tossing out underperforming properties (which could have included "Mirror's Edge," since it performed only reasonably domestically), I am dying to play this. I will surely perish if this need goes unsatisfied for too long. It is a requirement for life.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Literally the only thing I actually cared about at E3. I will pay any amount for this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Was a reboot really necessary? Either way I'm happy Mirrors edge is back, I was actually pretty worried EA would let it just fall into obscurity. Is it confirmed that its simply gonna be called "mirror's edge" again? I know they love to call reboots these days by the same title but have 2 games back to back called the exact same thing seems a bit much~

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

The first game was very short, if I had to guess the team probably didn't get to do everything they wanted with the story the first time and are taking another crack at it.

I could care less, I play for the gameplay/music/atmosphere/that tingle when you miss a jump

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I could care less
    I couldn't care less, I honestly can barely remember anything about the story. I was too gobsmacked by the game's striking aesthetic and its parkour to care. Long as the reboot throws more gameplay at you (possibly do story-telling during it to keep the pace of the game up............and elevators removed), I'll be happy.

Probably getting it on PC here, as I did with the first game. Mouse-look really benefit the gameplay for me.

At least the console releases should look great as well this time around. Played the ME1 demo on PS3, and boy was that a jaggy 30fps mess.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

All of my wants. I just hope they don't make me try to shoot things this time around. Keep that gun play away.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    All of my wants. I just hope they don't make me try to shoot things this time around. Keep that gun play away.
    Been awhile since I ran through the first game, but was there a point other than that one sniper rifle section where you were forced to use guns? Outside of disarming an enemy which forces the weapon into your hands (which I then immediately toss), I never recalled using a gun at all.

I came

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Been awhile since I ran through the first game, but was there a point other than that one sniper rifle section where you were forced to use guns?
    No. You can beat the entire game without using lethal force, and you receive an Achievement/Trophy for doing so. That's how I played it the first time—never killing anyone (and never referencing any online guides, for that matter)—and I loved every moment.

I do not see the new title doing away with that possibility, as it was a core selling point for the original.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would hope they'd embrace it and remove the guns entirely. Turns the weapon encounters into a puzzle, at the cost of some trial-and-error.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I didn't mind the gunplay with how it was limited, no reloads and such. They did a good job of spanning the gun parts far enough between that it never felt like a shooter

Jesus, is that indeed ingame footage? Cause thats just beautiful.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The only reason I bring up the gun play aspect is because of the way this whole generation of gaming is going. Everything needs guns. Everything needs multiplayer with a leveling up system. I don't want any of that in my Mirror's Edge. Playing the first game without using any weapons is the only way to play it and I'd hate to see that ruined.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Playing the first game without using any weapons is only one way to play it and I'd hate to see that ruined.
    Gunplay's fine.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-says-ea-exec/
    The recently announced Mirror's Edge reboot has been referred to as an "open-world action adventure game" by EA Labels president Frank Gibeau.

The executive was speaking at the publisher's E3 2013 analyst call, during which he discussed EA's product portfolio for the year ahead.

EA has focused on a "fewer, bigger, better" software release strategy over the past few years, and it currently expects to release 11 HD and 14 mobile games in fiscal 2014, representing a further decline in output.

But Gibeau said EA's release rate will "will increase going forward as gen 4 continues to expand and grow".

"There are probably about five or six new IPs that are fully owned and we haven't announced yet," he added, noting that the publisher may nurture these depending on how the market grows.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

That's kind of cool, in ME1 it did sometimes feel that you were being rushed through areas, being able to explore a bit more will be fun.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Long as they thoughtfully lay out the world so half your gameplay isn't backtracking the same path you took earlier to get to the next hub/objective. Will make for a lot of potential collectables hidden about though.