+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    The next version update won't be until October. All DLC's are now being pushed back. For a game that has lost 94% of it's PC player base this is essentially rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
    Less Fallout 4 moar bitching about the shitty DZ and why we thought the season pass was a good idea. Here's hoping in 3-6 months we'll be back to enjoying the game. I've heard the comparison numerous times, but they've got a solid framework with the game. They just haven't done shit with it beyond make people hate the game.

Get Dan drunk and lets set a date, I need more quality entertainment.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This sounds good: https://www.vg247.com/2016/09/15/mas...this-headline/

(We're allowed to link to VG24/7 right? If not, I'm sorry)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    (We're allowed to link to VG24/7 right? If not, I'm sorry)
    Only if you're a SJW.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I tried to be one once, but I don't have enough (any?) triggers so I gave it up.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I tried to be one once, but I don't have enough (any?) triggers so I gave it up.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Public Test Server opens to Elite Task Force players on Thursday Sept 22 at 3am EDT. You will create a new character at level 1 and upon entering the first gate in Brooklyn will be leveled up to 30 and geared with purples. From there you will play as you would a new lv 30 to try out the changes to the missions and drops.

Opens to all PC players the following Monday Sept 26 at 3am EDT. Same rules as above; new character with purples.

Thursday Sept 29 we would get our own characters to try out the changes with our own gear, etc.

Thursday Oct 6 they will open up vendors with all the gear sets and weapons sold for free for people to try out min/maxing with the different sets to try to find all the bugs with gear sets, weapons, and talents.

EDIT: Redid dates. Apparently I misheard the starting date and that fucked up my whole understanding of their schedule.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Get on the Destiny train peeps; trade one deeply flawed game for another deeply flawed game that is a shitload of fun

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Don't have a PS3 or 4. Don't plan on spending the money on one either. Also dislike controllers for shooters in general because I grew up playing CS on PC.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Don't have a PS3 or 4. Don't plan on spending the money on one either. Also dislike controllers for shooters in general because I grew up playing CS on PC.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I'm on the PTS. Just got on like 10-15 minutes ago and was kicked from a Delta error, now waiting in queue at 300ish. For the few minutes I got to play; the world enemies have so far dropped Sentry and Final Measure pieces for me as well as some HE gear. Didn't see any roaming bosses yet, was going to go exploring to see if I can spot them

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I'm gonna post up my reactions as I get to play PTS more.

So after I got back on I decided to do some more wandering to see if there are more Open World PvE bosses that have been added. I wandered from the BoO up to the Northwest corner of the map and did encounters and side quests along the way. I didn't find any open world bosses, so I'm not sure where they spawn or if it's just Bullet King and the other guy from before. Going to see if I can dig up any information on these guys.

The encounters and side quests went the same, with the addition of the chance for the enemies to drop HE and Set gear. The Bounty side quests were especially useful as the named mob at the end dropped 2 pieces of HE gear for me; did this with three different bounties. After about 45 minutes of playing I was able to advance to World Tier 2 and had a gear score of 163.

As far as caches; I like that they have added caches for leveling up as well as the combat assignment and crafting assignment. The Combat cache gives 1 HE pieces and PxCs, the Crafting gives 1 HE and 4-6 of the crafting materials, the Field (for leveling) also gives 2 HE if I remember correctly. I didn't do the DZ assignment since I was trying to find roaming bosses in the PvE zone specifically. I'd hope that the DZ cache also gives from DZ exp or credits. The whole reason I did DZ assignments before was for the 7500 exp that they gave. It was one of the main factors for me to be able to level DZ rank solo. When I stopped playing I was DZ42, trying to get up to 50 for some of the gear patterns and weapons. May be much harder to do solo now.

So far, the World Tier stuff only seems to help if you're starting up fresh from 30. I'm thinking maybe the Seek and Destroy missions may be decent to gear up because they're generally elite mobs so they may have a higher drop rate for HE gear. Going to try that for a bit this evening along with some Underground to see how drop rates are in there.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Got stuck in a long queue so I only got 40 minutes in today. Cleared out an area of encounters and side quests to open up seek and destroy missions. As I expected, they're good for loot so far. I got 4 set pieces and several high ends will also completing Field, Combat, and Crafting cache requirements.

I also ran into a roaming boss here:
    Spoiler: show

It was a big Cleaner dude. I don't remember ever seeing him before, but honestly can't say if he's new. He's in a playground area near a warehouse that is used as a Bounty side quest location as well as a seek and destroy location in that zone.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thx for looking into the PTS. I'm not sure I care enough to do it myself, heh.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I need a break from Overwatch. I'm enjoying the game again so far. Even with the limited play time I'm up to GS169 already with 3 pieces of Sentry's, 1 AlphaBridge, and a Hunter's Faith. Another piece of Sentry and another AlphaBridge would be pretty good to start doing the "end game" stuff.

If the days were correct, I believe we get our own characters on the PTS tomorrow and the free gear sets Monday.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

So far the Underground hasn't given me anything decent other than the Caches for leveling up in there. The bosses drop HEs still and I've gotten some Purples from the randos. Got two pieces of set gear from Caches. Rounded out the night at GS179.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

A lot of people on the forum are losing their shit after the last state of the game. Basically they said the DZ will remain the same and that the rewards outside of the DZ will never fully stack up because they don't want people to play the game without participating in the DZ.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I'm not sure that's true. I've gotten a lot of set gear and various weapons with good talents on them. I have at least 2 or 3 pieces of each set at this point, and a lot of them I have 4 pieces. I even have 3 Banshee pieces, the new DZ set, and I haven't done any DZ. I'm not sure what people are trying to get in the DZ that they can't in the open world portion. Maybe it's just because I've been away from the game too long and don't know whats best.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's more about the fact that despite Massive acknowledging that the DZ sucks, they are still forcing players to participate in it. Clearly somebody high up in the hierarchy is responsible for the DZ and refuses to believe that it is a monumental failure.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How are they forcing people to participate in DZ if everything can be gotten outside the DZ?

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How are they forcing people to participate in DZ if everything can be gotten outside the DZ?
    I'd have to post the vid but essentially they said that all of the non DZ stuff will still not be at the same level as the DZ. They didn't want to make something that was on equal footing as the DZ for fear that players won't go in. So basically a lot of people are pointing out that the roaming bosses outside the DZ will have extremely response times. So while the DZ is around 15 minutes the outside will be a shit ton higher. I'd say go watch the state of the game video but it's over an hour long. It's still worth watching just to see what's said straight from the devs.