+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 LastLast
    2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there any way to spend yellow division tech anymore? I have 999 (max) and that makes it harder to complete the Dark Zone assignment when it happens to be "collect 3 division tech". :3

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Use them to craft other materials and then use those to craft BiS Stam mods with Armor rolled?

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Use them to craft other materials and then use those to craft BiS Stam mods with Armor rolled?
    Interesting, I somehow didn't realize you could convert yellow div tech into other mats.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Anyone play survival? I just got a steam card as a gift and was considering picking up this DLC. I've heard its similar to battle royal in arma and h1z1.

I don't really want to get the season pass because I am not really interested in the underground DLC that they released earlier, and I don't really care about outfits either, I already have my dude looking how I want him for the most part.

Just curious is the DLC is worth the price. Do you get any rewards for your main character while you're playing survival? How do you access that new game mode? From the main menu? Or taking your character to someplace within the city? Just wondering if I can hop in and start playing immediately even though I am no where near finished with the story or close to the cap? Will higher level players have any advantage? Or do you all start on equal footing?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    Anyone play survival? I just got a steam card as a gift and was considering picking up this DLC. I've heard its similar to battle royal in arma and h1z1.

I don't really want to get the season pass because I am not really interested in the underground DLC that they released earlier, and I don't really care about outfits either, I already have my dude looking how I want him for the most part.

Just curious is the DLC is worth the price. Do you get any rewards for your main character while you're playing survival? How do you access that new game mode? From the main menu? Or taking your character to someplace within the city? Just wondering if I can hop in and start playing immediately even though I am no where near finished with the story or close to the cap? Will higher level players have any advantage? Or do you all start on equal footing?
    I thought the Survival DLC was fun. I admittedly haven;t played in a while, but that's because I bought a PS4 and am playing through FFXV. I haven't played BR or H1Z1, but from the streams I have seen it is similar. There are no vehicles, obviously, but you go around looting buildings for equipment and materials, deconstruct old stuff, craft higher gear, and make your way to the DZ to collect your anti-virals, kill Named guys, and extract.

Whether it's worth it or not is up to you and what you want to get out of it. I believe you need to be level 30 to start, but older players don't have an advantage at the start of a game other than they have a better idea of where loot houses are and maybe better aim. Everyone starts with a pistol and crap gear and you have to collect materials and kill enemies to get more gear and clothing. You also need to collect meds to keep your virus under control. Clothing is needed to keep from freezing outside, but as you get closer to the DZ the temperature goes up.

You queue up from in the Terminal, between the BoO and the Underground area. You can choose PvE or PvP. If you're trying to gear up your main, I'd suggest doing PvE. For every Named you kill you get a Survival cache which contains 4 HEs. They can also include the newer Named equipment (Skull MC gloves, Ninjabike backpack, Barrett's chest) as well as weapons. Other enemies in the DZ will also drop Weapon, Gear, and Mod caches. The reason I suggest PvE is because you're more likely to make it out with the caches since people won't be able to kill you.

That said, even when I do PvE, most people die before they ever extract. I think that has to do with people moving over from where they are OP as hell into a scenario where they are usually severely undergeared and can't take on yellows immediately, but don't realize there is such a large difference.

If you're going to play at all, I'd suggest looking at my post a little further up on this page about good gear to get and a couple places of where to find it. You can also rush towards the DZ area and start near there to try to collect more blue materials and purple gear. You'll just have to be more careful since the enemies will be harder than at the outlaying areas.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

started playing survival...its pretty fun, but man it sucks if you dont get weapon parts, especially early

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I never make weapons early on. I just roll with whatever I can get until I get to the DZ. When I get to the DZ I'll make an HE sniper and Rifle.

Haven;t played in a while, though.

Going to check out 1.6 and Last Stand, but honestly didn't even keep up with what the changes are.

If anyone wants to tackle the new raid im down.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Year 2 content announced, Free Anniversary Loot if you log-in before March 16th
    Spoiler: show
    The Year 2 content will consist of two new expansions coming later this year. The first expansion (currently unnamed) will be based “on an event system that drives players to activities that feature modifiers, leaderboards, and unique vanity items that will only be available through these activities. The expansion will also introduce a loadout feature for players to switch between different combinations of items and gear quickly and efficiently, and will also provide a system to mark players’ feats and accomplishments.

The second expansion had less firm details about what it will offer, but Gerighty hinted that it will be “more content-focused,” but won’t necessarily include new story missions or a new campaign. Gerighty explained that “story missions are tricky, but that doesn’t mean we won’t have narrative content.” He also stated that “we can’t really deliver story missions that will fit into the RPG aspects of the game in a simple way. So we’re not going to be doing the classic main mission type of thing, but narrative content is something that we are definitely looking at” – hinting that the expansion will include narrative content in some other capacity than a new story or full-on campaign.
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/...-content-free/
    http://blog.ubi.com/division-celebra...lans-revealed/

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bump.

The Division is free this weekend, so if you were on the fence about trying it, give it a shot. It was pretty bad at launch but it's turned into a pretty good game overall, certainly worth trying out.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I keep forgetting I have this game. Really should at least try to get back into it. I've just been liking the tropical feel of Wildlands.

apologies for the bump..

What is the state of the game currently? Is it worth taking up again? I'm mostly a PVE player, and when the game first came out I enjoyed it (with the exception of the DZ).

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They've changed a lot, but I haven't played in a long time so I can't really say. Sorry

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

They finally added the rest of the map that they had closed off in a free update, but really there isn't much content past a weeks worth of play.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Destiny 2 makes this thread null and void. Srsly your money would be better spent there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

v1.8 (Year 2 Content update) available today - 13.145GB

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisof...ce-patch-notes

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I tried to get back into it, but enemies seem super spongy and require 4-6 headshots to kill.

It probably doesn't help that I picked up R6 Siege recently and every headshot in that game seems like an instant kill. Which is the way I prefer my shooter mechanics, though I get that isn't really practical in an RNG loot based shooter.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content