FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Tom Clancy’s The Division (PC/PS4/XB1)

Today at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, Ubisoft announced the development of Tom Clancy’s The Division, a groundbreaking online, open-world RPG, for the Xbox One from Microsoft and the PlayStation 4 from Sony, coming in 2014.

The Division takes place in New York 3 weeks after a lethal virus, released on Black Friday, swept through the city. One by one, basic services have failed. Society has collapsed into chaos. The President invokes Presidential Directive 51, and The Division, a top-secret unit of self-supporting tactical agents, is activated. Leading seemingly ordinary lives among us, Division agents are trained to operate independently of command in this type of emergency situation. When the lights go out, their mission begins.

In a Tom Clancy universe dedicated to realism, explore the once-familiar streets and landmarks of the Big Apple, now decimated by looting and overrun by clans that will do anything to survive. From Central Park to the subway to the Statue of Liberty, nowhere is safe. Discover a persistent, online, open-world New York where exploration, combat, and RPG player-progression are essential.

“Our goal with Tom Clancy’s The Division is nothing short of completely changing the way people play online RPGs,” said Fredrik Rundqvist, executive producer, Ubisoft. “With the power of next-gen consoles behind it, The Division puts players in the middle of breathtaking, persistent multiplayer thriller in which they will explore, fight and work together as modern society collapses around you, all with the authenticity for which Tom Clancy games are renowned.”

Tom Clancy’s The Division is developed by Massive Entertainment, the Sweden-based Ubisoft studio renowned for the World in Conflict series.

The game is the latest title set in the Tom Clancy’s universe, which has sold more than 76 million games worldwide across its different franchises. Other forthcoming Tom Clancy’s-branded experiences from Ubisoft include Splinter Cell: Blacklist, developed by Ubisoft Toronto, which delivers a gripping modern-day special-ops storyline with a new level of technical innovation and quality.

I'm not that big on shooters but this game and destiny are going to force me to play more of them. The attention to detail in that trailer is astounding and I like how the UI looks a lot. I can't wait to play it.

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I never buy shooters and usually the fact it is a shooter tends to turn me off, but damnit if this isn't the first shooter I've wanted to buy since Goldeneye on the N64 <,<

then The crew got me interested in driving games again, haven't bought them since N64 days either (played a few since then, but never owned). Either way I think I'll end up with this and The Crew in my collection :/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If this was on pc too it would be day1 for me. Fuck I may buy a ps4 just for this game.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Looks awesome.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This is pretty impressive. It was quite nice to see a new IP announced that wasn't rumored or expected ahead of time, on top of that wasn't just a cgi trailer. Defiantly gonna keep a close eye on this one.

Took me half the video to realize the chatter wasn't scripted ingame dialogue between npcs.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looks good! real shame about no pc...

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

This game looks amazing

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Not really sure why they wouldn't release it on pc, if the game truly does have an mmo architecture piracy is the last thing they have to worry about.

Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

It's like Red Dead Redemption all over for me again! Keeping my eye on this for the PS4.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

please don't be 2015
    please let my S4 work for the tablet/smart phone part.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I hate Tom Clancy's books, I hate his games, and I hate his convoluted end of the world scenarios.

It's like no one has ever heard of burn out.

Real world conspiracy level tea-party bullshit political agenda in game form. If you are going conspiracy theory, go big or go home.

EDIT: FUCK, the gameplay looks so good. Makes me hate Tom Clancy even more.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

^ shhh shhh just relax and let it happen

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    I hate Tom Clancy's books, I hate his games, and I hate his convoluted end of the world scenarios.

It's like no one has ever heard of burn out.

Real world conspiracy level tea-party bullshit political agenda in game form. If you are going conspiracy theory, go big or go home.

EDIT: FUCK, the gameplay looks so good. Makes me hate Tom Clancy even more.
    sames

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PC version being considered
    The Division was announced for PS4 and Xbox One during Ubisoft’s E3 press conference on Monday, which left many a PC player feeling a bit down in the dumps: well, this PC player at any rate. However, Massive Entertainment hasn’t ruled out the possibility of other platforms. “We are optimizing the experience for next gen consoles,” said the firm on Twitter. “However, we are not ruling out any platforms for the future.”
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/the-...-and-xbox-one/
    https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/...82013430804481

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

fuck yeah, thanks for the link 6souls

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Maybe I missed it, but the term "online open world" confuses me. Is this like Red Dead Redemption where I can play solo and do multiplayer free roam optionally? Or is this living in the cloud only?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

based on what i saw it seems like online only

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Nothing against it and simply for discussion: what is this game doing that State of Decay or DayZ aren't? The Tom Clancy games have really only been mediocre, so why choose this? I really want to play this game, but I fear it's going to get lost amidst others.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 86 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast