+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Amazon Prime     submit to reddit submit to twitter

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I hope they have a decent warrenty and you keep all information on that 3TB HDD backed up because Seagates 1-3TB HDDs are very unreliable but the 6TB are pretty stable and this is likely due to the flood at their factory that damaged a lot of their supply but they still used and shipped out defective drives because it's Seagate.

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/best-hard-drive/

best of luck with that 26.65% failure rate. -- assuming you're still going with the ST3000DM001.
    I went with it. Thanks for the heads up on the failure rate. I'm gonna be using it for as a data storage back up in tandem with another WD 1TB drive I have already -- but mayhap not anymore. I've had no problems with Seagate, but I'd rather not deal with a drive that has a high failure rate like that. I'll test the drive this weekend and see what's up. Looks like a lot of the drive failures are coming from people spinning down the drives.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Amazon today announced it sold more units on Prime Day than the biggest Black Friday ever and had more new members try Prime worldwide than any single day in Amazon history. Customers ordered 34.4 million items across Prime-eligible countries, breaking all Black Friday records with 398 items ordered per second......

Customers worldwide ordered an astonishing 398 items per second and saved millions on Prime Day deals. Worldwide order growth increased 266% over the same day last year and 18% more than Black Friday 2014 – all in an event exclusively available to Prime members

Prime Day highlights from the US:
    Members ordered tens of thousands of Fire TV Sticks in one hour, making it the fastest-selling deal on an Amazon device ever
    Fire tablet sales on Amazon exceeded sales on Black Friday last year
    Members ordered thousands of e-readers and thousands of Echos in just 15 minutes
    56,000 Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy sets
    47,000 Televisions sold, which was 1300% year-over-year growth
    51,000 Bose Headphones, compared to 8 the previous Wednesday
    28,000 Rubbermaid 42-Piece Easy Find Lid Food Storage Sets, compared to 428 the previous Wednesday
    24,000 Instant Pot 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cookers, compared to 182 the previous Wednesday
    14,000 iRobot Roomba 595 Pet Vacuum Cleaning Robots, compared to 1 the previous Wednesday
    12,000 Fifty Shades of Grey Unrated Edition on Blu-ray, compared to 121 the previous Wednesday
    10,000 Meguiar's X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels, compared to 244 the previous Wednesday
    The Bose headphones.....wtf at least they weren't Beatz I suppose.

edit: If my math is right, that 398/second works out to like 23,000 items a minute. Earlier in the thread I mentioned we were getting 7,000 orders a minute. I didn't think about the fact that orders could be multiple items.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bose headphones have their place in the world because the sound cancelling is still second to none.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Plus weren't they like half off? They might actually be worth the price for half.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i almost bought the bose headphones, seemed like a decent deal

bought this instead: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

still have no idea if it was a good deal or not, they had it for $599, i know nothing about TVs other than carried over knowledge from monitors.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

it's a good brand, 120hz, and 4K.

SmartTVs are kinda gimmicky to me but whatever. I'd say good deal.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

awesome, thanks

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Bumping because there are apparently 7 Days Remaining until Prime Day returns at the time of this post

Looking for a 1440p/144hz monitor myself

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Prime Day was total shit last year. :/ ( UK )

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Prime day is on my birthday this means something but I'm in Europe fml.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Deals looking lackluster again. News sites are reporting the site has been crashing from all the traffic.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I did pick up the Borderlands Collection and Final Fantasy Explorers. There is some jewelry for the girlfriend going up in an hour I might pick up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Picked up one of the logitech ergonomic mice for $20 since they're usually about $40 and the one my wife's been using is basically 5 years old and really worn out.

Nothing big has caught my attention. I've been following deals.kinja.com for big sales.

Had a $300 chefs knife for $32... missed it

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Sorry to necro this but in case you haven't heard Amazon Prime membership price is going up.

Amazon Prime price increase coming: Here's how to lock in the old rate
    The online purveyor of everything from self-help books to kitchen gadgets announced that in February 2022, the cost of an annual Prime membership will increase from $119 to $139. Amazon Prime members who pay monthly will see fees boosted from $12.99 a month to $14.99 a month. New Amazon Prime members will be charged the inflated price starting Feb. 18. Current members will see the higher price reflected around March 25, or whenever their membership renews.
    How to lock in the old Amazon Prime rate

You can't renew an existing annual Amazon Prime membership early. But you can buy yourself a gift subscription to Amazon Prime for $119 and then activate it once your current membership expires.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/essentials/a...lock-old-rate/

You must disable auto renew after you buy the gift subscription. It will only last for one more year though.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

honestly another 20 bucks aint shit for how much I use amazon