1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 18 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 15 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 163 FirstFirst ... 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Done!

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

That's dumb then. Gear from DF should be shitter than it's server made counterpart. That being said, the server made version of any dungeon should be harder.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

That's dumb then. Gear from DF should be shitter than it's server made counterpart. That being said, the server made version of any dungeon should be harder.
    We have no idea about whether the 24man raids can be queued through the Dungeon Finder at all. Also, as far as we know there is no "cross-server counterpart" for raids like WoW started doing recently with LFR (I'm assuming that's what you meant).

Yoshida has mentioned normal modes and hard modes, but technically in 1.0 the normal mode was the story fight (no loot), while the hard mode was the actual endgame encounter (with loot)... so it's not really the same as in Warcraft. I don't know whether these definitions have changed for ARR.

The lack of endgame information is very annoying tbh.

Why should they be shitter? It's exactly the same dungeon. Waiting approximately an hour to gather party members to enter a dungeon doesn't qualify you to obtain better loot than those who waited less than 10 seconds (if you are a healer) to enter the same dungeon.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

tokens
    everything tokens

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I hope this is the end of P3.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

P3 still has the previously promised long phase in store, right?

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

Ultimately this game is what you will make of it. Complaining about having to make more of an effort than one usually would in this game to make friends seems vapid compared to other legitimate issues at hand. If I was interested in collecting casual acquaintances over the internet I'd lurk my Facebook for once.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Why should they be shitter? It's exactly the same dungeon. Waiting approximately an hour to gather party members to enter a dungeon doesn't qualify you to obtain better loot than those who waited less than 10 seconds (if you are a healer) to enter the same dungeon.
    Because everything in the DF right now is easy as balls. I could basically do all of them with my monitors off. If all the endgame is really going to be that easy, then gear is going to be a joke.

You can't increase the difficulty of DF raids because then the general public can't do them, you can't decrease the difficulty of regular raids because then they will be a joke to linkshells doing them. There needs to be separate difficulties for each raid.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

"Separate difficulties intended for different types of players" is very different than "gear quality is based on whether you're doing the dungeon in your server or cross-server".

I knew what you meant because I assumed you were referring to LFR in Warcraft but you can't blame the person that replied to you for his response. What you asked definitely sounded like the latter, even if you meant the former.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    "Separate difficulties intended for different types of players" is very different than "gear quality is based on whether you're doing the dungeon in your server or cross-server".

I knew what you meant because I assumed you were referring to LFR in Warcraft but you can't blame the person that replied to you for his response. What you asked definitely sounded like the latter, even if you meant the former.
    Yeah that's what I'm getting at. There's no way you can make the difficulty of DF raids the same as normal raids, and likewise with the gear.

Because everything in the DF right now is easy as balls. I could basically do all of them with my monitors off. If all the endgame is really going to be that easy, then gear is going to be a joke.

You can't increase the difficulty of DF raids because then the general public can't do them, you can't decrease the difficulty of regular raids because then they will be a joke to linkshells doing them. There needs to be separate difficulties for each raid.
    DF is an automated party creating tool. It has nothing to do with content difficulty or content in general. All the dungeons that are in game as of this phase of beta 3 can be accessed via the DF.

Edit: Just saw your post. There will probably be a difficulty meter similar to the Leve one. Yoshi said that in large dungeons you might have to set priorities to get your desired item. For example, targeting a specific area of the dungeon instead of the whole thing and stuff like that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I'm really curious about what Yoshida is planning to do with endgame in general, we know a bunch of random details but definitely not enough to see the full picture. Hopefully he has kept up with modern trends for this instead of simply copy-pasting what was going on during the Burning Crusade.

I'll be interesting to see his take on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    DF is an automated party creating tool. It has nothing to do with content difficulty or content in general. All the dungeons that are in game as of this phase of beta 3 can be accessed via the DF.
    Let me clarify for him.

World of Warcraft has a raid difficulty mode (called LFR) that's designed to be done cross-server via the automatic party tool. This mode is easier and rewards worse loot than normal modes, which are designed to be done by organized raids in the same server.

That's what he was asking about in his first post.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

delete me

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

So today I had a DF tank tell me I suck at PUG because I lotted some bracelets that are tank bracelets (they had crit up bonus, assumed they were a melee peice although I admit to not knowing the intracasies of this games stats vs XIs). He was quite cross. He really blew up when I used the limit break on a regular mob. Said I "wasted" it. But no one was using it and we were a long ways from the boss. The definition of waste is letting it sit unused.

If you're that pissed off tank and you're reading this, suck my balls. And I'm sorry I took your bracelets.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

A MRD bitched at me for taking a metal helm (with full DPS stats) on LNC claiming it was a "tank piece" when higher def gear exclusive to MRD/WAR/GLA/PLD exists. People are retarded.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Relevant: currently, the only Darklight set that DRG can use is shared with WAR and PLD. The set has DD stats.

Looking forward to endless shitstorms

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Relevant: currently, the only Darklight set that DRG can use is shared with WAR and PLD. The set has DD stats.

Looking forward to endless shitstorms
    Tank one exists:
    http://xivdb.com/?item/3250/Heavy-Darklight-Armor
    If tanks take the DRG one it is pretty dumb on their part. Luckily the DRG one has way less def than shit like PLD/WAR AF, so hopefully it won't be an issue.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hunter gear all over again.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Tank one exists:
    http://xivdb.com/?item/3250/Heavy-Darklight-Armor
    If tanks take the DRG one it is pretty dumb on their part. Luckily the DRG one has way less def than shit like PLD/WAR AF, so hopefully it won't be an issue.
    You know it's going to happen, especially since the tank players can use it on their DRGs. Like I said, looking forward to all the shitstorms.