1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 163 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Day 1 of a phase 3 beta. If you think things were going to be less laggy then clearly you've never played a game on launch.

Start of each phase had its issues and most of those issues were either fixed or alleviated within a day or two. The real test will come at the end of phase 3 when the servers are left up for more than 3 days. After that then i would say it would be fair to judge the stability of the game's servers because then there won't be thousands trying to login to the same servers.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The game has been running perfectly for me. Download speed was my max speed that I have, no UI lag, no real lag at all. For me, it's equal to WoW.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone found the Spriggan Graverobbers for hunt log thaumaturge 07? It says Central Thanalan - Black Brush, but I can't find them.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, I've been trying to get even to just the download on PS3 for quite literally 6 hours. (2PM to 8PM). Every single time,

"The service is currently unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again at a later time."

I understand beta is beta, but this is ridiculous. I can't be the only one this is happening to, can I?

My name is Not Sure
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Anyone receive Hermes Shoes? I only got Onion Helm and Asuran Armguards.
    Same results as you.

Omg at the stars in the sky in this game. Not quite as intense as Skyrim, but beautiful nonetheless (coming from an amateur astronomer lol)!

Can't wait for August!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I only got onion helm in my mail. bought 1.0 ce and im legacy (surprised me)... what are the armguards from?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I can NOT get through the opening CS. It keeps hanging at random intervals.. I have been trying to play for 30mins and haven't even got to control my character yet lol.

Haha and now every model is divided in half down the middle and are 2 different skin colors..

So beta lasts for how long exactly? Weekend is kinda swamped but wanna get in some play time >_<

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Anyone found the Spriggan Graverobbers for hunt log thaumaturge 07? It says Central Thanalan - Black Brush, but I can't find them.
    Yeah they're at these ruins 17X Y23

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I can't believe there's people sitting waiting for day 1 of a beta (which happens to be the busiest day of a game's life so far) in order to judge the amount of server lag. The real test for me will come later, and not running in a circle. If it starts causing me to die to Ifrit cracks then it's an issue.

More on topic; has anyone figured out how to take the ferry to LL? The guy says I don't have enough money but surely it doesn't cost more than the 3.2k gil I have.

Quick impressions before I have to log off for the next three days:

Very fluid. Very nice. Refreshing to see this kind of change. Menus open quickly. Animations happen fluidly. No gigantic pause when you hit Sprint or other abilities.

I am excited to give this game another chance. The first one was terrible, but this has promise.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I can't believe there's people sitting waiting for day 1 of a beta (which happens to be the busiest day of a game's life so far) in order to judge the amount of server lag.
    Gonna assume you meant me; nice try, smartass. I can't even get to the download screen let alone onto the server to "judge the amount of ... lag."

Also just checked my other email for an unrelated reason...and got a 2nd, separate beta code. 2 codes to use and can't get on using either, so I guess that's my Beta Phase 3 impression. GG, S.E. GG.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Well... that didn't take long, seriously ppl....
    Register to see the NSFW content

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Man I want to keep playing, but I don't want to keep spoiling myself. Guess I'll play around with the character creator until I build the perfect avatar.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    Well... that didn't take long, seriously ppl....
    Register to see the NSFW content
    Guess you missed this a couple pages ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Name in the chat log.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuudo View Post
    Gonna assume you meant me; nice try, smartass. I can't even get to the download screen let alone onto the server to "judge the amount of ... lag."

Also just checked my other email for an unrelated reason...and got a 2nd, separate beta code. 2 codes to use and can't get on using either, so I guess that's my Beta Phase 3 impression. GG, S.E. GG.
    sux2bu

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Only thing i'm annoyed with so far with GLA is that flash is nothing like provoke and you can't use it to pull... matter of fact, I can't seem to have any ability to pull with, period. >.<

(and yes, I'm aware you get provoke at 22... it's way too far.)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Did they remove shield lob?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Did they remove shield lob?
    Shield Bash, lv18.
    I really don't get it haha.

Also, is anyone else playing on the PS3 and figured out a way to move the chat window a bit up? The HUD settings seem to move everything BUT that, so there has to be something I'm missing.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I just had flashbacks from 'Nam when I heard the old Market Wards music in the 2nd PGL quest scene...