1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuudo View Post
    So, I've been trying to get even to just the download on PS3 for quite literally 6 hours. (2PM to 8PM). Every single time,

"The service is currently unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again at a later time."

I understand beta is beta, but this is ridiculous. I can't be the only one this is happening to, can I?
    That was happening to me earlier. I kept trying over and over and kept getting that same error. Finally I just turned off my PS3, turned it back on, went to the game, got the same error, tried one more time, then it finally went through.

Also try reading these links, maybe something will help:
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...67495&ret=main
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...67502&ret=main

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Dat fucking level17 mission holy shit

muh FF

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have them FF feels coming out of every orifice.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Is anyone having issues with in game vsync? I set it to 60 but it keeps it at 50 instead. I've disabled, re enabled, restarted, and tried radeon pro. Nothing works. Curious if just me or if I should report it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm level 11 so far game is very good going to be tough to come back to FFXI after this.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

what server is everyone on?

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Level 11 in Uldah for me.

Overall the game has been VERY smooth on all parts. I hate the walking animation though, as you tend to glide over everything. No disconnects, no server lag, or visual lag. Only thing I have problems with is that I have to open the BETA as an administrator or it crashes on me. (Windows 8) The graphics are gorgeous and every spell/fighting animation look superb.

Coming from someone who plays GW2, it's hard getting used to the global cooldown. The fact that it's at 2.5 seconds to begin with makes the action seem a little slower to begin with compared to other MMOs. Also, I HATE that I still don't know what STR/DEX/VIT actually do. I'm so used to scrolling over everything and have a tooltip help window pop up. I also sort of disagree with having to click and drag key items to complete quest. Why can't the game just check that I have the item and move along? Can I have a button inside the inventory window to get to the armoury as well?

Also, what do they expect us to do when we complete all the quest on our first job and we want to level a second job? Just grind out mobs and complete those hunt quest for each job? One more thing, how they hell do I get other people's effects/numbers to stop showing up on my screen? It's like a freelot fest at every FATE event.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Only thing i'm annoyed with so far with GLA is that flash is nothing like provoke and you can't use it to pull... matter of fact, I can't seem to have any ability to pull with, period. >.<

(and yes, I'm aware you get provoke at 22... it's way too far.)
    You will get a ranged move called Shield Lob soon.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yea the FATE system is sorta tough when there are tons of people and all you see are battle effects. They definitely need a filter so you can see what the hell you are doing.

Getting my ass handed to me on that level pre level 17 quest in thanlan as pug. Pug is weak!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Getting my ass handed to me on that level pre level 17 quest in thanlan as pug. Pug is weak!
    I'm a PUG also and I have died quite a bit to mobs close to my level range. I do miss the party aspect from FFXI. I realize you can group together in the game but everyone is soloing so far.

Edit: Doesn't help that I'm on a Japanese server either.

Quote Originally Posted by wipers View Post
    I'm a PUG also and I have died quite a bit to mobs close to my level range. I do miss the party aspect from FFXI. I realize you can group together in the game but everyone is soloing so far.

Edit: Doesn't help that I'm on a Japanese server either.
    I am not liking the fact that missions are solo at the moment.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by wipers View Post
    Yea the FATE system is sorta tough when there are tons of people and all you see are battle effects. They definitely need a filter so you can see what the hell you are doing.
    There is a filter to turn off others battle effects. They need to default it to Some/None instead of All. Some of these FATEs are terrible, just a big ball of light lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You have to use antidote on the poison or you will get wrecked on any class. NPC helps when gargoyle is at 20%

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    You will get a ranged move called Shield Lob soon.
    I didn't see it on the list, maybe they removed it?

Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    You have to use antidote on the poison or you will get wrecked on any class. NPC helps when gargoyle is at 20%
    Yea but the recast on antidote is hella high, pug dmg is pretty low. Anyways I beat it.

Second wind needs buffing it heals soo little. Ran to Gridania and picked up cure from conj and slow from lancer lol. Helped alot.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    I didn't see it on the list, maybe they removed it?
    If I remember it was a quested skill so won't show up on the list.

I just tried to do the gargoyle fight as a 14 PUG with no antidotes and got wrecked, sucks we cant party up on main story quests.

As far as the attributes question goes read the instruction manual on the Beta forums under getting startes it lists what each stat does. I agree on Second wind either increase what it heals or lower tge CD it is way less potent then in 1.0.

Yea but the recast on antidote is hella high, pug dmg is pretty low. Anyways I beat it.

Second wind needs buffing it heals soo little. Ran to Gridania and picked up cure from conj and slow from lancer lol. Helped alot.
    At level 15 it wasn't hard on PGL, but at level 14 I got my face wrecked. The difference a level and some gear upgrades can make is immense. Also, you only need to use the antidote once then you'll be fine until NPC arrives.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So, I'm a bit stumped. I started in Ulduah, and got the It's Probably Pirates quest to do Sastasha Seagrot. Unfortunately, there's nobody around to do it and I don't see a LFG option atm, so I couldn't do it. There's a lot more activity at Tam-Tara Deepcroft, but I'm not able to find the quest to enter there or spam for a PT, and I'd really like to try a dungeon tonight. Does anyone know where that quest is, and the Copper Mines one?

Dolmen

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    Can I have a button inside the inventory window to get to the armoury as well?
    There is, but I believe it's glitched. I was getting it to show maybe 40% of the time until I unlocked the class armoury. I have linkmates that have also commented on the button not showing.